Burmese Kush First Grow

BurmeseKush

Hello,

Sorry for my bad english:)

Im at my first grow. 7 days in. They (8) have been in the soil for 5days. 3 seeds for 4 days in soil because the was a bit slow. The strain is Burmese Kush, dont know if they are fem. or not.

Im using homebox xl with 600 hps.

The soil is Biobizz light-mix. I use about 1L pots now. But going to change to 18L. later.
I have bought Biobizz Grow, Bloom, Top-Max-, and Alg-a-Mic

I guess Im going too run in som trouble later. So I hope I can find some help here then. Im going to try to post pics as often as I can.

Here is the first one... 7 days...
diselbild.png

Re: Burmese Kush first grow.

Goodluck to ya, I`m in for the ride :popcorn:

I`ve heard good things about BioBizz although I`ve never used it. I think Pitviper does and he gets great results.

Hi,

So this is day 8. Are they growing a bit tall?. Im now about 100cm or 40inches frome bulbe to flower top. They are about 8cm or 3,2 inch. Should i start lowering my 600W HPS ?

Here are todays pics.
8b1.jpg

8a1.jpg

8c.jpg

Hi,

So this is from the start of day 11. One plant is standing out. Growing faster then the other ones. Im hoping its a male, because i hope i dont have fem. seeds. I think my homebox (brand new) is leaking light, so I am afraid of hermies.

Yesterday one of the plant was almost laying to the soil so i had to put a stick in to make her stand up. I think this was linked too light is to far away from the plant, so yesterday i moved the light 4inch. down. So its about 36inch. from the top of the plants.

Im using no nutrients as of now, and I think I have change the pots for som bigger ones soon. So then im not sure if i realy have to use nutrients at all before the flowering (using 18L pots). Or is it recomanded using some nutrients anyhow no bad signs from the plants ?

Here are some pics.
11220.JPG

11315.JPG

111102.JPG

Looking good man. Remember, if you want that tight node spacing you have to get your light as close as possible to the plants without burning the tops. If you don't have an air cooled light fixture then 18"-20" from bulb to plant top is sufficient. But if your light is air cooled, you can get them much closer. Use your hand as a judge. Just place your hand over the very top of your plant. If your hand starts to get hot, then the light is probably too close.

Good luck!!

And I would also suggest trying to get a metal halide conversion bulb for your HPS ballast. Right now the type of light you are giving your plants is generally used for flowering. So if you can afford it, a MH conversion bulb will work with your HPS ballast. I bought one for my 400w and the bulb, a Hortilux, was about $90. But well worth it.

Goodluck to ya, I`m in for the ride :popcorn:

I`ve heard good things about BioBizz although I`ve never used it. I think Pitviper does and he gets great results.

hi, yea i find biobizz a good product 2, as a user it has been gr8 for my grow white widow n white russian. check out my journal! :reading420magazine::420:

Hi,

So this is day 8. Are they growing a bit tall?. Im now about 100cm or 40inches frome bulbe to flower top. They are about 8cm or 3,2 inch. Should i start lowering my 600W HPS ?

Here are todays pics.
8b1.jpg

8a1.jpg

8c.jpg

try 2 lower your light by 2 - 4 inch per day getting as close as possible, put you hand under your light, if it's to hot for your hand its to hot for your plants. once you get your light as close as you can without burning, keep at the same distance from tops of the plan as they grow. ps nice work n nice looking plants +rep's. cooltube's, even better. get your 600w light as close as 6 inch from top of plants!:420:

And I would also suggest trying to get a metal halide conversion bulb for your HPS ballast. Right now the type of light you are giving your plants is generally used for flowering. So if you can afford it, a MH conversion bulb will work with your HPS ballast. I bought one for my 400w and the bulb, a Hortilux, was about $90. But well worth it.

duel spec bulb's! summer star duel 600w! (red and white spectrum HPS work's g8)
used all through my grow's.:roorrip:

Thank you so much for the pointers Smokey and shmicky.

If MH is better for growing stage Im going to buy one tomorrow. Called down there now, but they where out of stock, but its back in tomorrow.

On day 8 I started lowering down my lamp. I read somewhere that I should back up on the lightning the first 1-2days after re-potting. So from tomorrow, or the day after I'm going to start lowering the lamp as you describe. I don't have a cooltube:( I have a Lumatech ballast and a adjust a wing reflektor) Im going to ask about a cooltube in the store tomorrow when I pick up the MH bulb. If it is not to expensive i might pick one up.

Just make sure its a duel spec or MH conversion bulb because a regular MH bulb will not work with a HPS ballast.

And also, without a cooled light 18"-20" is usually the rule of thumb. If you get some good ventilation and air movement you might be able to steal a couple extra inches!

Can't wait to see how this turns out! Good luck!

I would Purchase the Cool Tube or any aircooled ballast. With a fan attached, you can get that light really close. I had my 600 less than 8 inches away from the plants and when I was using a 400W I had it 3 inches or so from them. With an aircooled hood and plenty of airflow between the light and the top of the plants, you shuold be able to get them really close.
:peace:

So its soon the end of day 15...

I decided not to by an cooltube on this grow. But if i get problem with temp. I will buy one. Have not had the time to pick up the MH bulb, but will do it soon.

2 days after re-potting they dont look so bad? One plant is showing signs of something, if anybody could help I will be so grateful. Only one plant is showing this. I have not started with nutes.

Here are some pictures
7268.JPG

This is my best one.
5371.JPG

6329.JPG

And the plant who trying to tell me something...
11065.JPG

2773.JPG

4475.JPG

the plant who trying to tell me something...
11065.JPG

2773.JPG

4475.JPG
[/QUOTE]

av you checked you ph level ??
that luks tike neut burn or pos light or salt build up ???:reading420magazine: tip: super thrive a good choice for stress n re potting, used this n good results bro. 2ml _ 4 ml per ltr for transplant.
:goodluck: dude hope the lil beaut is ok.:cheer::popcorn:

Bought the MH bulb and digital PH-meter.

Got the bulb in the lamp, but could not fit the "heat shield" after because the bulb was to big. But I guess thats ok. Going to move the lamp closer every day now, until i find the limit. I dont have a heat issue at the moment.

The PH-test found out that my tap-wather has a PH of 7,4. I guess thats i bit high, so Im buying PH-down tomorrow. Im also going to buy the epsom salt. I hope this will put things back on track.

Got the bulb in the lamp, but could not fit the "heat shield" after because the bulb was to big. But I guess thats ok. Going to move the lamp closer every day now, until i find the limit. I dont have a heat issue at the moment.

The PH-test found out that my tap-wather has a PH of 7,4. I guess thats i bit high, so Im buying PH-down tomorrow. Im also going to buy the epsom salt. I hope this will put things back on track.

Yea, those conversion bulbs do get pretty big. But trust me, it will be well worth it. And to minimize stretching when you switch to 12/12, leave the MH bulb in for the first 2 weeks, then switch to the HPS for the remainder of flowering.

Can't wait to see how this comes out!

:goodluck:

Got the bulb in the lamp, but could not fit the "heat shield" after because the bulb was to big. But I guess that's ok. Going to move the lamp closer every day now, until i find the limit. I dont have a heat issue at the moment.

The PH-test found out that my tap-water has a PH of 7,4. I guess that's i bit high, so I'm buying PH-down tomorrow. Im also going to buy the Epsom salt. I hope this will put things back on track.

how long you leaving your water to stand ?? tap water should be left for at least 2 days with lid off + at room temp to stop any chance of shock.
pH-down good choice along with Epsom, hope it works out :goodluck::goodluck::goodluck::goodluck::goodluck::goodluck::goodluck:

I was good to store the water 24hours when i used the small pots, but when I re-pottet i used so much water so I had to take from the spring.... I think Im going to need a big barrel, because I only have 10L bucket. Not looking forward bringing that one in to the house :tokin:

When I re-potted the plants i gave them a good watering to avoid dry spots in the soil. So the soil is moist, and I was not going to give it water for i guess 3-5 days. Is it best to wait for the soil to dry some more before I flush the plants with water with the correct PH, or just flush them tomorrow when I have bought PH-down?

Back
Top Bottom