Burned plant, nute problem?

potanna

Hey guys. I have this plant (girl scout crack) and it has burned out. I cant figure out why so i posted these photos if someone can detect the symptoms. I noticed that the main cola has not burned at all, neither the buds that are on it. The damaged parts of the plant are on the edges of the branches and the leaves. I thought that the plant went through a shock because of lack of fertilizet for 2 weeks but i dont know if this is possible. I water it normally and started again putting nutes (coco forte from bio nova, as i grow on coco coir). What is happening???

Attachments

• IMG_20181202_142956.jpg
    IMG_20181202_142956.jpg
    724 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20181202_142942.jpg
    IMG_20181202_142942.jpg
    775 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20181202_142919.jpg
    IMG_20181202_142919.jpg
    680.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20181202_142900.jpg
    IMG_20181202_142900.jpg
    582.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20181202_142849.jpg
    IMG_20181202_142849.jpg
    558.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20181202_142840.jpg
    IMG_20181202_142840.jpg
    504.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20181202_142828.jpg
    IMG_20181202_142828.jpg
    612.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20181202_142818.jpg
    IMG_20181202_142818.jpg
    639.5 KB · Views: 36
lots of questions to ask... looks a lot like a magnesium problem. What sort of soil are you in, what pH do you adjust your fluids to, and have you given any calmag?
I grow on coco coir as i said. I have not used calmag and neither i test the ph. The ph i dont think is a problem cause i have planted cannabis a lot of times and the ph was never a problem.

... you asked for help, and I tried to help. Since you water "normally" I guess you don't even want to discuss that.
Continue on then, and good luck.

I posted some days ago in this site the same problem and the replies i got told me that it cant be a problem with the lack of nutes. Also, i cant afford a lot of nuted, ph down/up etc (kinda in contrast of what u say ''if you go cheap you grow cheap! - Zandor '' ) . I am just looking for how to get the plant better and not lose a lot of yield.

I guess someone told you that growing pot was easy. As you are finding, it is not. That same person must have told you that it was cheap to grow your own, but those of us who do it know why pot cost so much at the dispensaries after we pay for all of our equipment, growing supplies and power bills. If you are going to grow some pot, grow enough of it to be cost effective, or frankly, it is cheaper just to go to the dispensary.
A few things you can do would make a big difference in whether your plants will get any sort of yield, and as your skills increase you can really start getting some real product... but you have to be willing to learn. We on this board are willing to teach you, but it is you who is going to have to figure out who is blowing smoke and who really knows what they are talking about, and then you have to take the actions necessary to save your crop.
I get it that you cant afford a lot... so let me help. I am a bonafide, certified and award winning expert on these things, and if you can open your head up to that, I can help you fill it with all kinds of useful things. Check out my threads on how to make your own nutrients out of dandelions in your yard, and all of a sudden you will be able to make better nutrients than you can buy... and certainly much cheaper. I, and the others on this forum, want to help you, and we are pretty good at it. Please let us try.
There are certain basic things that you need. You can get pH test strips for $5 at an aquarium shop or walmart. Or, you can get more scientific and get a digital tester for about $40... a very good one time investment.
You can make an excellent calmag+ supplement in your own kitchen out of eggshells... or buy some ready made... it really will help your grow.
So yeah, you have the choice... go cheap or go scientific... but go and get it done. Your growing medium was also your choice and you could have gone with a good soil that didn't need many nutes... but you didn't, and now you must figure out how to supply what your plants need, most likely out of your wallet.

I guess someone told you that growing pot was easy. As you are finding, it is not. That same person must have told you that it was cheap to grow your own, but those of us who do it know why pot cost so much at the dispensaries after we pay for all of our equipment, growing supplies and power bills. If you are going to grow some pot, grow enough of it to be cost effective, or frankly, it is cheaper just to go to the dispensary.
A few things you can do would make a big difference in whether your plants will get any sort of yield, and as your skills increase you can really start getting some real product... but you have to be willing to learn. We on this board are willing to teach you, but it is you who is going to have to figure out who is blowing smoke and who really knows what they are talking about, and then you have to take the actions necessary to save your crop.
I get it that you cant afford a lot... so let me help. I am a bonafide, certified and award winning expert on these things, and if you can open your head up to that, I can help you fill it with all kinds of useful things. Check out my threads on how to make your own nutrients out of dandelions in your yard, and all of a sudden you will be able to make better nutrients than you can buy... and certainly much cheaper. I, and the others on this forum, want to help you, and we are pretty good at it. Please let us try.
There are certain basic things that you need. You can get pH test strips for $5 at an aquarium shop or walmart. Or, you can get more scientific and get a digital tester for about $40... a very good one time investment.
You can make an excellent calmag+ supplement in your own kitchen out of eggshells... or buy some ready made... it really will help your grow.
So yeah, you have the choice... go cheap or go scientific... but go and get it done. Your growing medium was also your choice and you could have gone with a good soil that didn't need many nutes... but you didn't, and now you must figure out how to supply what your plants need, most likely out of your wallet.

Thanks a lot for all your help. I get the feeling that u think that i decline ur help but that is the opposite. i do need help and that is why i posted that thread.
so what u say is make or buy calmag and ph test.
Generally i dont grow a lot of plants at one time, because i dont have the room. So i dont get great yields (more than 150g). I think i would buy the proper equipment if i had the room etc, but my grows are small and kinda cheap. i say this to you to get a clearer image and not to think im trying to push your advices away :)

Could you elaborate on the calmag. why do you think the plant needs it? and can i use it now that the plant is in the flowering phase? (10th week even if it doesnt seem so, because of the shock the flowring phase has been a little delayed)

how many weeks in flower? and yes, you can and should use the calmag right up to two weeks before harvest... that last two weeks you really want to try to flush the chemicals out of your buds.
The reason we all mentioned calmag is because the symptoms of your big leaves drying up and dying are classic of this deficiency... we have all been there before.

how many weeks in flower? and yes, you can and should use the calmag right up to two weeks before harvest... that last two weeks you really want to try to flush the chemicals out of your buds.
The reason we all mentioned calmag is because the symptoms of your big leaves drying up and dying are classic of this deficiency... we have all been there before.

10th week
yeah thank u so much

I just looked at your buds again though and they don't look mature. You have been growing the plant for 10 weeks then? How many weeks since the flowers started to appear, about 5?

Um no, im in the 10th week of flowering not in general. I said before that the buds may be in their 10th weeks but are not mature cause of the nute problem.

The trichromes arent ready ;( i hav checked it with the magifying glass. It is like the plant stoped flowering for these 2 weeks and damaged itself. Should i get the calmag then?

Back
Top Bottom