Burned the tops and leaves

We are going to need some background info to diagnose your problem Greenhorn.

I would first ask how high are your lights from your plants canopy?
How old are the plants?
Are you feeding them nutrients?

Any possible way to post some pictures, this can also be very handy as seeing the problem is the key to fixing it :Namaste:

They will be alright, growth in that area may be stunted for a few days and the burned parts you should remove. Try to keep your light away from the plants, with any HID try not to keep the light closer than 20cm from the tops.

What you can do, just carefully remove the burned parts trying not to do any more damage. and move the light away.

Are you in veg or flower?

They will be alright, growth in that area may be stunted for a few days and the burned parts you should remove. Try to keep your light away from the plants, with any HID try not to keep the light closer than 20cm from the tops.

What you can do, just carefully remove the burned parts trying not to do any more damage. and move the light away.

Are you in veg or flower?

In flower end of week 3. Low Rider #2, auto-fem

You're fine. week 3 the buds should be very small so there's still plenty of time for they to recover and grow big and strong.
I had a few top buds getting burned on my first grow and they still came out great, one friend even said that they were stronger than the rest, but that was just his opinion.

Just keep your light away. If you look at my journal you'll see that I had to bend one of the plants because it was getting too close to the light. Which turned out for the best because light now reaches better down the stem.

You're fine. week 3 the buds should be very small so there's still plenty of time for they to recover and grow big and strong.
I had a few top buds getting burned on my first grow and they still came out great, one friend even said that they were stronger than the rest, but that was just his opinion.

Just keep your light away. If you look at my journal you'll see that I had to bend one of the plants because it was getting too close to the light. Which turned out for the best because light now reaches better down the stem.

THanks man I was scared i would lose the buds... In which week do the buds get big? I have bend all of them away from the light source, watered them and now i hope for the best...

We are going to need some background info to diagnose your problem Greenhorn.

I would first ask how high are your lights from your plants canopy?
How old are the plants?
Are you feeding them nutrients?

Any possible way to post some pictures, this can also be very handy as seeing the problem is the key to fixing it :Namaste:

The plants are in the end of week 3. flowering, Low Ryder, auto-fem, they are hetting Hesi nutrients every second day

Yup jusmove light away about 1 1/2 to 2 feet away. Bend as necessary and she should be fine. Remove any dried/burnt pieces. The buds typically gain most of their weight in the last 2 weeks of flower..

I disagree with Blazinazn in the distance from the light to the plants, 2 ft is too far away, even for a more powerful light (GreenH0rn is using a 70w HPS so it probably doesn't put out as much heat as a 400w)
I keep mine a lot closer than that, perhaps less than a foot and they do just fine (I use a 400w), no problem at all, you just have to vent the heat away.

Buds gain a lot of their weight after the 4th week and then after the 6th week they go into overdrive and bulk up quite a bit.

You're totally fine just make sure it doesn't happen again.

Good luck and keep us posted!

I disagree with Blazinazn in the distance from the light to the plants, 2 ft is too far away, even for a more powerful light (GreenH0rn is using a 70w HPS so it probably doesn't put out as much heat as a 400w)
I keep mine a lot closer than that, perhaps less than a foot and they do just fine (I use a 400w), no problem at all, you just have to vent the heat away.

Buds gain a lot of their weight after the 4th week and then after the 6th week they go into overdrive and bulk up quite a bit.

You're totally fine just make sure it doesn't happen again.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks for the info man. Should i cut off the burned buds and leaves? ;)

Ah i spaced out on ur light wattage. Rodrigo is right. With 70w u can put the light closer. Im not sure how how 70w will get but u can put ur hand underneath the light to feel how the temps are and adjust from there. If u can hold ur hand as close as possible to the light and it doesnt get hot then thats the distance ur light can be from ur tops. It also helps to have air movement to. Sorry for the miss-info.

Back
Top Bottom