Burping your jars?

well i guess i'm in the middle between qt jars and buckets full...i'm all set up with jars so i'll go with them this year.....so if you vacuum seal a jar you don't need to worry about burping them ? Thank you for the info .you got a good program going ...insert big thumbs up
Jars work fine ;)

Vacuum sealing would be fine after curing....the burping is crucial to remove the chlorophyll...and how often (and all that) is a matter of opinion, but I try do it once a day (like our soft spoken friend above in the video)

Try Walmart, they have Gallon jars.
EDE9F1D3-4805-4EB3-8F3A-DD8C8B243748.jpeg

After a week+ of hang drying at 70-75F @50-60% I jar with Boveda 62s and roll + burp twice a day for 2 weeks, then only burp once a day for at least 2 more weeks until I’m satisfied with the cure.

I see people using turkey baking bags instead of jars to keep from having to burp 50 jars.

I use Boveda 67g for the gallon jars.
AAFA0DAF-2ECF-4E8F-A1AD-18470A03841E.jpeg

so where do you get those things ? thanks for the info i used to just use paper sacks till i was satisfied with the dryness..thought i would go high teck this year haha

Gallon Jars> Walmart
Boveda> Amazon

Bigger jars are on the list . The qt make good gifts . I have never used those drying packs before. May have to look into them

Don't you have to burp regularly for the first 2 odd weeks? I throw a boveda pack in each jar as soon as it goes in, and burping is usually an excuse to sneak a nug or two if I've been running low.

I use glass Maccona coffee jars from Australia for storage. I drink too much coffee so had plenty of jars lying around the place before I started growing. My harvests are rather small at 1-2 ounces though, and a big 400g empty coffee jar can hold 1-2 ounces nicely.

I've heard of a few people using the vacuum sealed packages for curing but from what I understand that would be skipping a step. As previously mentioned by others the purpose of being able to "burp" the container is to help reduce or eliminate the chlorophyll smell.
@labexperiment I nearly ate my hat watching that video of the automated burping/curing system. You won't believe this but just last night I said to my wife "there has to be an easier way to burp on a larger scale". I did a quick google search and came up with nothing. I then said "I'm going to invent an automated burping system lol". Yeah she laughed too... :(
What I had in mind was almost identical to what this guy did but on a smaller scale of 2-3 gallon buckets.
How friggin early do I have to get up in the morning to get ahead lol.

I have had a few great ideas as well and not gotten up early enough, a few times when I was young I got up early enough(saw my idea years after I thought of it) but I did not know where to go, or who to go to with the idea. Now when I get up early enough I just hit the snooze button and go back to sleep.

Another 420 grower IntheShed started using turkey bags because he got tired of burping so many jars.
0F7F647D-5B12-44A4-B53E-5F2D9C84A239.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom