Bushmans A Sativa Landrace: A Cannapot Sponsored Grow

stinker

Plant of the Month: Jan 2022 - Photo of the Month: April 2022 - Grow Journal of the Month: Oct 2022
Yes, me too. Have you ever tried to top the buds? Backbuilding; I do it sometimes. I haven't done it on this grow, but the other pointy plant would look similar to the round-buded plant If the buds had been backbuilt.
Yes, I backbuilt some outdoors a few years ago, probably wont do it again. It worked.. I just didn't like messing with the buds more in flower.
I have a few of the Bushman beans, and am considering them for an outdoor this summer. So I'm curious as to what you think of the bud. Beautiful grow Nicky.

nickeluring

Thanks, stinker.
I will have to backbuild the Lemon Tree I think. She's growing too close to the lights .... In my last grow I backbuilt the Sweet Cherry Pie.

stinker

Plant of the Month: Jan 2022 - Photo of the Month: April 2022 - Grow Journal of the Month: Oct 2022
Thanks, stinker.
I will have to backbuild the Lemon Tree I think. She's growing too close to the lights .... In my last grow I backbuilt the Sweet Cherry Pie.
Have you grown it before? I thought you did. Very potent. When I had some grow into the light, I supercropped. Backbuilding sounds good too.

nickeluring

Have you grown it before? I thought you did. Very potent. When I had some grow into the light, I supercropped. Backbuilding sounds good too.

I try to avoid supercropping if I can. It is pretty tight in the tent, and having the colas growing sideways will shade too much below.
If I have to I will remove the driver and put it outside the tent, then zip tie the light to the ceiling poles. The ratchet hangers steal a few cm...
But I will for sure backbuild the Lemon Tree in a few days to limit vertical growth.

nickeluring

Yesterday the Bushmans were harvested. It took them 65 days after the switch to ripen.
Bushmans #1 is green leaved and has round buds. She hangs to the left in the last pic.

Bushmans - Flowering - Day 66 - Harvest - 10.jpg

Bushmans - Flowering - Day 66 - Harvest - 14.jpg

Bushmans - Flowering - Day 66 - Harvest - 13.jpg

Bushmans - Flowering - Day 66 - Harvest - 25.jpg

nickeluring

Bushmans #2 turned purple in the end. She has pointy buds and is a little bit larger. She hangs to the right in the last pic. They will now be left to dry for a few weeks...

Bushmans - Flowering - Day 66 - Harvest - 20.jpg

Bushmans - Flowering - Day 66 - Harvest - 23.jpg

Bushmans - Flowering - Day 66 - Harvest - 24.jpg

Bushmans - Flowering - Day 66 - Harvest - 26.jpg

nickeluring

Cheers, mate.
I realise now the reason the plants didn't grow big was due to late repotting. The plants should have been left to veg a bit longer after the transplant to the 5 litre pots. They were root bound in the 1 litre pots. The centre root mass was extremely dense while it hadn't grown much into the new coco.

Stunger

Grow Journal of the Month: May 2021, March 2022 - Plant of the Month: May 2021
Cheers, mate.
I realise now the reason the plants didn't grow big was due to late repotting. The plants should have been left to veg a bit longer after the transplant to the 5 litre pots. They were root bound in the 1 litre pots. The centre root mass was extremely dense while it hadn't grown much into the new coco.
I wonder in that case when it is noticed, whether it is worth slashing the root ball with a knife or trimming the outer layer with scissors to stimulate new root growth on the up pot.

nickeluring

I wonder in that case when it is noticed, whether it is worth slashing the root ball with a knife or trimming the outer layer with scissors to stimulate new root growth on the up pot.
In my case I think it would have been a great idea to prune the roots.

nickeluring

I thought it would be okay in the airpots. No circular growth, it was all ingrown and dense.

nickeluring

I've spent the last couple of days trimming the Bushmans. The buds where stickier than I expected, and I had to clean my fingers and the trimmer a lot.

Bushmans - Yield - 1.jpg

Bushmans - Yield - 3.jpg

Bushmans - Yield - 4.jpg

Bushmans - Yield - 10.jpg

Stunger

Grow Journal of the Month: May 2021, March 2022 - Plant of the Month: May 2021
Well done Nick, they certainly look sticky. It'll be interesting what you think of them after you've carried out a decent evaluation!

nickeluring

Congratulations on the sticky harvest. Great Buds!

Well done Nick, they certainly look sticky. It'll be interesting what you think of them after you've carried out a decent evaluation!

Cheers guys. I'll have someone who can smell and who can get stoned try it for me. My smoke reports are useless unfortunately. My girlfriend has a good nose and she is coming here on the weekend. I'll let her smell it. Unfortunately she doesn't smoke, but I'll ask a buddy to try some. It should be good already given the long drying time, but a couple of weeks of burping the jars will make it better.

Top Bottom