Bushmans A Sativa Landrace: A Cannapot Sponsored Grow

The plants had their second topping on day 20. Here we see them today at day 22. In a few days we'll do the third and final topping to complete the 8 arm manifolds. I have upped the feeding to every 3 hours during light hours.

Bushmans - Day 22 - 1.jpg

All - Day 22 - 2.jpg

This looks like its gonna' be fun and informative, @nickeluring!

I'm in for the show! :Rasta:

very nice growth from start to now,, well done

just gotta say tho,, those plants look much more 'fat leaf' (indicaish) than 'thin leaf 'sativaish'

karma sent to them friend

this much more sativa looking,, mama thai/thai stick cross

Very interested in this one. Hope they grow perfectly for you!

very nice growth from start to now,, well done

just gotta say tho,, those plants look much more 'fat leaf' (indicaish) than 'thin leaf 'sativaish'

this much more sativa looking,, mama thai/thai stick cross

Thanks and welcome.

I totally agree with you regarding the fan leaves @nivek, I was surprised to see them so fat. But again, I'm glad they've got fat leaves as small plants. I think new leaves will get thinner as the plants mature. Great design I reckon, otherwise Sativa plants would suffer when small due to the small leaf area.
How did that Thai look like as young?

Well, I cant exactly remember the first few leaves, but i know for sure the leaves did not start fat and the later ones were skinny,, they were skinny all along

But so many strains, so much breeding, crosses galore, so who knows,whatcha got there,, but it will be swell, indeed

Karma sent to them friend

Last night all the plants got their third and final topping. They all now have 8 shoots. Back centre is the Red Mandarine F1, all the others are Bushmans.
I'll keep them in the 1 litre air pots until I have sexed them, then the Red Mandarine and one lucky Bushmans will get transplanted into 11 liter fabric pots. The two plants to the right look like they could be males. They are stretching a lot more than the others so far. The two plants in the middle have shitty lower leaves. The bad leaves sit on nodes where I have removed the shoots, so I don't worry about them. These two plants sit right underneath the 2 Cree Cobs, and I wonder if the light affects them differently than the other plants. Perhaps they need more Cal-Mag than the others...

All - Day 30 - 1.jpg

After the toppings
All - Day 30 - 4.jpg

Bushmans - Day 30 - 3.jpg

Healthy looking main stems for the age. I would think they will show sex soon.

I had to go and have a close look as soon as I read your post. :laughtwo:
No signs yet, though. Will inspect daily now. The sooner I can get rid of some plants the better. It'll get crowded in there shortly...

The two plants in the middle have shitty lower leaves. The bad leaves sit on nodes where I have removed the shoots, so I don't worry about them.

well i think you should worry about them,, personally

i think i see similar issues on most of the plants,, tho maybe not all

i am no giver of advice about nutrient deficiencies or excesses, so i wont,

nor coco,, never used it so i have no clue,, but i know watering is important

plants look good other than the yellowing,, which is not actually yellowing,, yellowing is the whole leaf yellowing as one,, yours is dif

for sexing,, especially if it is a sativa,, sativas for me show sex at about six weeks,, but one must look real close and know what one is seeing,, one can tell well before pistols showing, but must look close

indicas a bit sooner

well i think you should worry about them,, personally

i think i see similar issues on most of the plants,, tho maybe not all

i am no giver of advice about nutrient deficiencies or excesses, so i wont,

nor coco,, never used it so i have no clue,, but i know watering is important

plants look good other than the yellowing,, which is not actually yellowing,, yellowing is the whole leaf yellowing as one,, yours is dif

for sexing,, especially if it is a sativa,, sativas for me show sex at about six weeks,, but one must look real close and know what one is seeing,, one can tell well before pistols showing, but must look close

indicas a bit sooner
Yes, mate. I have started worrying about them. I upped the nutes to 100% when mixing yesterday. We'll see how they go now...

I've never grown a male before so I don't know those early signs yet, apart from grow rate. I'm looking for balls or pistils.

InkedBushmans - Day 30 - 3_LI.jpg

there is where to look,, you probably know,, the first 'budlet', well before pistols show, and balls take even longer,, but the first budlet,, with careful inspection, reveals all,, pretty early anyway

you know one can send in a sample to a lab and find out sex in a week or so,,

there is where to look,, you probably know,, the first 'budlet', well before pistols show, and balls take even longer,, but the first budlet,, with careful inspection, reveals all,, pretty early anyway

Yes, I know what the chicas look like there. I'm curious to see how the boys look different.

you need good magnification,, a good loupe or similar,, they start out looking the same,, and its near impossible to describe, but , as they grow,, the female takes on a distinct 'single leaf' looking thing and the male takes on a distinct 'two leaf' look. not leaf but pistol parts.

makes for fun guessing for me,, see how early i can tell, i write down my first 'educated' guess and see if i am right

but this is how sure i am,, i 'never' throw away a suspect male before it proves itself,, cuz i have been fooled a time or two,, ha

It's been a while since updating the journal, and the plants have grown a bit. I still can't see which are male/females. I decided that the 2 taller plants to the right are males. This morning I also decided I'll take the 2 best looking of the smaller plants and repot them and start flowering and hope for the best. The first close up is of one of the smaller plants, the other from one of the taller.
Red Mandarine is still not happy, but I'll repot her as well.

All - Day 37 - 1.jpg

Bushmans - Day 37 - 3.jpg

Bushmans - Day 37 - 4.jpg

I am thinkin them plants look big enuf to sex them by now,, sometimes it is very obvious,, a pistol poking out,, but one must look close,, and all over,, look near the top growth for pistol parts. Find a good budlet,, they are there, for sure by now,, find a good one, and Mark it on the plant somehow, and watch it

Two little white hairs pokin out and about,,karma sent friend

I am thinkin them plants look big enuf to sex them by now,, sometimes it is very obvious,, a pistol poking out,, but one must look close,, and all over,, look near the top growth for pistol parts. Find a good budlet,, they are there, for sure by now,, find a good one, and Mark it on the plant somehow, and watch it

Two little white hairs pokin out and about,,karma sent friend

Cheers, mate. I think my eyes aren't good enough to see the signs. I took the 2 plants I believe in the most and repotted them. I decided to go with small 5 litre air pots since I'm keeping two of the Bushmans and the Red Mandarine. They'll get 16 hours of darkness now before they start on 12/12 tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom