*But I put on the emergency brake

Oceangirl

I've just recently moved back to the lovely Maple Bay, into a big gi-normous house we can't afford. This is the incident in which I first get to meet my neighbours. Not real exciting, but entertaining enough for my long days of unpacking and cleaning.

We are located like this:
We turn up the same driveway but then it forks halfway up, we go into our yard and they drive up theirs to a higher location. Our yards are nicely separated by a wall of tall trees and bushes (wild-ish).

I had just gotten home last night from buying hose so I could pressure wash the deck. I get out of my truck and hear the sound of tires going down gravel. But then it accelerates and I think "fuck that's fast for this driveway". I look and a little truck with the driver side door wide open is barrelling down the hill towards where my truck was not 10 seconds before (separated by some trees and bush mind you). It veers towards it's left, our yard, and smacks into a tree and immediately the horn goes off. A girl of about 18 comes down the hill, screams, and starts saying "but I put on the emergency brake". Sh'e'd come out of the house wondering where her truck went (she only left for 10 sec.) in time to hear it crunch.

Did I mention that our yards are very sloped?

My first question was "Is there anyone in there?" She said no, but looked pretty pale (parents would be mad I guess).

The mom comes down, I pull out all the fuses hoping to stop the horn but it turns out to be directly connected to the airbag. We managed to lodge something in there to get rid of the noise.

Blah blah blah, her friends come and take out her stereo system.

About 3 in the morning whatever was lodged under the airbag fell out. The horn went on for about 10 minutes, and then off and on until whoever was down there got it under control.

Now the tow truck just came. The truck is basically wedged between 2 trees, cuz it hit so hard the rear-end came up and planted itself with a tree about a foot behind it. The tow driver sat on the driveway for awhile with his head in his hands.

Then he opened the door, moved the steering wheel and the horn went off again.

Boys n' girls: If you own a standard, put it in gear as well when you're on a hill.

If it hadn't hit that tree, it would've very likely went across the street and hit somebody's house/roof. We are all on a slope right down to the ocean here.

Have a good day all.

wow dats crazy. but was the girl hot? sorry but just had to ask. lol

Hahaha, that's an awesome story.

Luckily YOU weren't hit!!

I just realized I put this thread in the wrong place!

Ya Vexy, I had a moment of HOLY SHIT!! where I jumped up on my porch just in case it rolled sideways. Then I was worried about the house and fence. Flukey timing for my arrival for sure.

I betcha it hit the tree doin' damn near 50km, and if that doesn't seem like much just think: it was just momentum from where it had rolled.

50km is a decent speed to hit anything, especially non-moving trees!!

Scary to think that people like that can get a licence :S

She was only 18 but aside from that... not really. She wore too much damn make-up -- you know -- caked on foundation; no natural beauty. And smart like dump-truck, no thanks.

Probably be like trying to get it on w/ a 5"X8".

SeXy VeXy said:
Scary to think that people like that can get a licence :S

C'mon, don't condemn her, we ALL make mistakes.

Sure, we all make mistakes... but she could've seriously hurt someone.

"How To Operate Vehicle" should be on the top of the list of things to learn when you get your lisence.

Learning how to park on a hill is fairly mandatory, but heh, she won't be making that mistake again.

Back
Top Bottom