I’m going to try and set something up this weekend that allows at least “some” fresh air exchange. I have my 4” exhaust fan from my first grow, and 16’ of hose still. Maybe if I make the air travel threw 16’ of hose first, while warming in the tent, before it comes out through the fan, it will have time to warm up from freezing. It won’t be 70, but at least it’s not going to be 30.
Could you vent air in from your house? It would be warmer and then you wouldn’t have to worry about temps or smell.

@Dutchman1990 , do I remember you saying last year that you run your autos 18/6? That is what I put mine on yesterday. Lights off for 6 hours last night, and these beauties look like they loved it. Very controversial topic though, isn’t it?
:party:
This is correct! I still run my autos on 18/6 and am having good success!

The topic of 18:6 or 20:4 or 24:0 is crazy! Everyone has an opinion or a thought about it and I think it should be what feels best to you! I personally won’t ever run 24:0 just because I run a full climate controlled environment from temps to humidity so I’m never worried about needing the extra heat from my lights. I push my plants limits by bribing my lights as close as I can throughout the life span of the plants. I currently have my 2x SP-150s at 14” from the canopy top and I started at 30”. I personally like running 18:6 since it gives me a dark period and less energy consumption. I am aware that Cannabis does not need a dark period but I like to give my ladies some rest!

Again this is only an opinion!

Hope that helps!!

Topping should be done on autos no later than day 21! Days 14-21 are the optimum time to top an Autoflower for best results!

Not every Auto will like to be topped or trained heavily.

Every “node” counts where a stalk or branch comes off the main stalk. Your 1st Node is directly above the starter cotelydon leaves. Every branch after that is considered node 2 ...3...4. Etc

If you are looking to top at a specific node it really depends on the plant. Some people top above node 3 others top above node 4 or 5. If your going for a special training with the autos I would top according to the training plan you have planned out. If your looking to just top an auto for an additional top I would “top” it above node 4 or 5!

I’m sure someone else will chime in on this as well !!

Could you vent air in from your house? It would be warmer and then you wouldn’t have to worry about temps or smell.

The topic of 18:6 or 20:4 or 24:0 is crazy! Everyone has an opinion or a thought about it and I think it should be what feels best to you! I personally won’t ever run 24:0 just because I run a full climate controlled environment from temps to humidity so I’m never worried about needing the extra heat from my lights. I push my plants limits by bribing my lights as close as I can throughout the life span of the plants. I currently have my 2x SP-150s at 14” from the canopy top and I started at 30”. I personally like running 18:6 since it gives me a dark period and less energy consumption. I am aware that Cannabis does not need a dark period but I like to give my ladies some rest!

Hope that helps!!

@Dutchman1990 , do you top all of your autos? I’m think about building ScrOG, But I might wait and run 3 of the same when I do finally build it. Like the 3 Fresh Candy I have. Or I may ScrOG the 3 WW I got from pyramid seeds. ScrOG’ing 3 different plants at the same time may not be the way to go...

That Crystal Candy in the back looks F@CKING AWESOME!!!

On my current auto grow I have a comparison going.

It’s between the training methods LST and QUADLINE. I wanted to do a comparison grow for myself and others to see how they grow.

1 CCa and 1 PEa I topped and qaudlined.

1 CCa and 1 PEa I only used LST with no topping.

So far I’m finding both these strains are doing well with the qaudline method but again each Autoflower strain will react differently to training and topping. The best way to test training method for a specific Auto is if you have multiple seeds try different training methods on them and see what does best.

Hope that helps!!

So, you only topped the quad lines here? It doesn’t seem like there is much difference (yet) quadline buds look a little smaller, as they should be, yes? Smaller but more of them is the point for now?

I agree with Dutch on topping as well. 14-21 days. Try and go as late as possible so your plant has more strength. Autos don't like stress so the stronger and healthier the less it will react to stressful changes.
You shouldn't top below the third node. The third and above will have the strongest arms to hold the growth.

That’s funny - :happy-birthday::tommy::party:

They all appear to be happy :)

Honestly, I’m just going to use LST. I don’t want to rob myself of the full Tangie experience, and the Afghani will be a beautiful plant as well. If I do anything, it will be to the Kush Mass as I have no expectations of this plant. Maybe eye will make an 18” square ScrOG and test out some ScrOG’ing.

Micro ScrOG lol.

Like a tiny forest of pines :)

That’s it. That is my plan-

LST on Tangie and Afghani
Top, then ScrOG Kush Mass

That’s it. One tiny ScrOG coming up. 18” by 18” should be good for one topped Kush Mass Auto, yes?

Kush is working on her 4th node right now. She’s 15 days old.

Built a screen, I’m Going to say that it will end up being more of a skeletal support system in the end for Kush mass auto.

And no project would be complete without all little bit of bloodshed.

I believe this will work out nicely for LST. Just some old 2 x 2’s and some old weed eater string. Now I just need to create some adjustable legs.

Lowered my Home Depot lights down to 18”, left the CREE lights at 26”. Still running 18/6. Plants look perky in the morning, so I’m sticking with it.

I’m just going to let Kush Mass grow a few days, then she gets a topping. She’s pushing out her forth node at about 16 days old.

Kush Mass

Tangie

Afghani (lol)

Well, I opened up the vent behind my fan, just enough to feel a small bit of cold air coming in.

I also dropped my duel CXB3590’s from 26” to 20”. All signs of bleaching appear to be gone, now that I’m not drenching them with spray during full light :) and my 4 Home Depot grow lights (15w led’s) are at 15”

I’m about to throw 15” legs on my future skeletal support system (lol) so that when I top Kush Mass, I’ll be ready to start some training (when that opportunity presents itself) (best case scenario is a full on ScrOG’ing of Kush Mass though)

The interior of my homemade screen is 9” x 24” and I anticipate this to be an amazing little experiment.

Something like this- (lol, dream BIG)

Back
Top Bottom