Buyer beware GYO seed bank

Yeah and the styrofoam pellets in them make me nervous of them emitting anything that could sterilize the seeds, I usually peel the whole thing off of the cardstock while they are upside-down to prevent any damage

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

For the time being I'm only starting the 3 big bud's since I got 100% germination with my 420 gold leaf and amnesia haze. Already I'm skeptical at best about 1 of the 3 seeds being mature. They are in their bath of RO water at a comfy 72degrees in the clone dome on the heat mat (it's a brisk 42 outside currently) once I see tails they will go to rock wool and into the rainforest 66 thereafter. As you can see the one seed is considerably more green than the other two.

420-magazine-mobile833320464.jpg
420-magazine-mobile284428427.jpg

4 days later and not a tail to be seen on the green bean, the other 2 are almost out of their shell though, not sure who thought that's a mature seed compared to the other two!

I had the opposite luck with GYO. I wanted two or three plants so I tried to germinate five seeds. Critical Mass CBD, Sugar Black Rose F1, Crop Doctor, Bubba Kush, and a free Critical Caramal Auto. I just dropped them all in Rapid Rooters and they all popped within a week. I had to Frankenstein another cabinet together because it felt wrong to not take care of them all. I just switched to 12/12 after 6 weeks and they are starting to stretch now. This is my first grow since bag seeds 30+ years ago so it may be beginners luck.

I know some time has passed since the original poster posted about GYO. I am in the same boat. I bought several seeds from them and all of them look like they are not quite mature. Germinated my Shaman regular seed in water and the paper towel method. I had no problem with that. 2-3 days later I put it into a fairly big pot and over two weeks later the thing still had not sprouted. Dug it up and tossed it. I will see how the others from GYO do, but I have made up my mind not to order from them again.

Another thing, I sent cash for another order made not long after my first order. When I logged in to check that order's status, the site said that the order had been canceled. WTH? Yep, not ordering from them again.

I know some time has passed since the original poster posted about GYO. I am in the same boat. I bought several seeds from them and all of them look like they are not quite mature. Germinated my Shaman regular seed in water and the paper towel method. I had no problem with that. 2-3 days later I put it into a fairly big pot and over two weeks later the thing still had not sprouted. Dug it up and tossed it. I will see how the others from GYO do, but I have made up my mind not to order from them again.

Another thing, I sent cash for another order made not long after my first order. When I logged in to check that order's status, the site said that the order had been canceled. WTH? Yep, not ordering from them again.

Yeah they offered me a store credit as consolation but never actually made good on it, not that I want more sterile beans anyway. I haven't ordered from anyone but 420 and crop king since and had about 90-95% germination

HI

I'm in South Africa. I need a reputable seedbank that ships to SA with no issues.
I asked 420mag for some info... they suggested the sponsors..

I cheacked out all the sponsors web pages, reviews, payment method etc.

Out of all the sponsors, GYO shipping is the best rates to South Africa.

I was just about to buy 10 fem seeds and 10 regular seeds, and came accross this tread.. now I am completely lost.

I have been struggling to get seeds to SA, already lost 120 usd. I was just about to purchase 60 usd worth of seeds from GYO.. now I am not sure what I have to do.

I am a first time grower, my grow room is all setup.. but no seeds to even start growing. sooo dissapointing.

help needed to source seeds to SA.

HI

I'm in South Africa. I need a reputable seedbank that ships to SA with no issues.

I was just about to buy 10 fem seeds and 10 regular seeds, and came accross this tread.. now I am completely lost.

I have been struggling to get seeds to SA, already lost 120 usd. I was just about to purchase 60 usd worth of seeds from GYO.. now I am not sure what I have to do.

I am a first time grower, my grow room is all setup.. but no seeds to even start growing. sooo dissapointing.

Have you tried 420 or Crop King?

HI

Hey dude, I'm from SA as well. A friend of my cousin ordered seeds and received them, I'll ask him to find out what seedbank it is. There is a Dinafem SA seedbank, I think they cost around R890 for like 5 seeds or something which is quite steep, but just take a look, search "cannabis seed bank South Africa"

I'll find out where my cousins friend ordered his seeds from, I've also got a few plugs, I got a big bud seed from some indoor big bud from a dealer quite far out from me, he sells quality stuff, very pricey though. R150 Per gram usually, so a nice big bankie from him can cost R600 upwards. There's no seeds in his bud but sometimes you'll get lucky and find like one seed and I think of one his plants are females that might produce male flowers sometimes that pollinate themselves.

Hi Callum420,

its nice to see pics of seeds that actually arrived.. Please send me the seed banks you deal with. I need to check it out.

Thanks

hey bro,

Thanks for the time you took to respond.

yes, before I decided to purchase over seas, I checked out SA seedbank. R890 for 5 seeds is kinda crazy... but I kinda lost more than that already (face slap)...

I tried those seeds that "fall" out of the bag... grew 2 small plants.. with soil.. didnt put in much effort, that was many years ago..

but I've done alot of reading, and reasearch.. and now need to put it in action.. I am more exited about DWC grow because even tho soil is cheaper... I dont like the whole transplanting pots and soil, etc.

And all our local seeds here is kinda similar... I really wana grow a blue or purple strain..

hey bro,

yes, before I decided to purchase over seas, I checked out SA seedbank. R890 for 5 seeds is kinda crazy... but I kinda lost more than that already (face slap)...

I tried those seeds that "fall" out of the bag... grew 2 small plants.. with soil.. didnt put in much effort, that was many years ago..

but I've done alot of reading, and reasearch.. and now need to put it in action.. I am more exited about DWC grow because even tho soil is cheaper... I dont like the whole transplanting pots and soil, etc.

And all our local seeds here is kinda similar... I really wana grow a blue or purple strain..

Hey dude, I'm from SA as well. A friend of my cousin ordered seeds and received them, I'll ask him to find out what seedbank it is. There is a Dinafem SA seedbank, I think they cost around R890 for like 5 seeds or something which is quite steep, but just take a look, search "cannabis seed bank South Africa"

I'll find out where my cousins friend ordered his seeds from, I've also got a few plugs, I got a big bud seed from some indoor big bud from a dealer quite far out from me, he sells quality stuff, very pricey though. R150 Per gram usually, so a nice big bankie from him can cost R600 upwards. There's no seeds in his bud but sometimes you'll get lucky and find like one seed and I think of one his plants are females that might produce male flowers sometimes that pollinate themselves.

hey bro,

Out of curiosity, you didn't leave the beans sitting in the shot glass for 4 days did you slick nick? Never tried GYO 420 was good cks was fast and seedsman is well priced with excellent selection. Also heard good stuff about gorilla and bonza.

Nope, just over night then on to moist paper towels and into rapid rooters.

I had a similar problem with northern light fem from nirvana. The seeds were so small I didn't know if any would pop. Had two of five pop and the first one got our first creme de la creme photo contest win. The second one has a tri-node mutation. It's the good kind of mutant tho it grows an extra branch every other node lol. It sounds like the germination method you're using is on point. It sucks but sometimes you get old stock

Hey folks,
Anyone on here ever use BC Seeds out of Canada? They hit the review pages, have a huge selection, but some of their claims are pretty hard to believe and I cant seem to place an order.

Really starting to wonder if its legit, I keep looking for the candid camera (or punked for the younger crowd) to show up laughing at me......

Back
Top Bottom