Buying a new Flowering light, need advice

Growing247

Greetings. As of right now I have a veg/mother room with T5s. A small clone propagation room with CFLs, and a flower/veg room with 1, 1000 watt Sun Master HPS growing six plants underneath it. The light is mounted inside a Sun Systems "Blockbuster" 6" reflector with a glass bottom. The reflector is connected to a fan via ducting forcing the hot air out of the room. The light reflector is mounted on a "No Holes Bar" light stand along with my activated charcoal filter. I will be adding a second light, reflector and ballast to this equation this weekend and cannot decide whether to buy another 1000 watt Switchable ballast, a 600, or a CMH bulb. Also, should I go with an old fashioned magnetic ballast or a digital ballast? I am leaning toward buying another 1000 but have heard some good things about the ceramic metal halides. Anyone have any opinion as to what they would do if they were in my situation?

Greetings. As of right now I have a veg/mother room with T5s. A small clone propagation room with CFLs, and a flower/veg room with 1, 1000 watt Sun Master HPS growing six plants underneath it. The light is mounted inside a Sun Systems "Blockbuster" 6" reflector with a glass bottom. The reflector is connected to a fan via ducting forcing the hot air out of the room. The light reflector is mounted on a "No Holes Bar" light stand along with my activated charcoal filter. I will be adding a second light, reflector and ballast to this equation this weekend and cannot decide whether to buy another 1000 watt Switchable ballast, a 600, or a CMH bulb. Also, should I go with an old fashioned magnetic ballast or a digital ballast? I am leaning toward buying another 1000 but have heard some good things about the ceramic metal halides. Anyone have any opinion as to what they would do if they were in my situation?

With a CMH you're going to need a magnetic ballast from what I understand. Marley15 uses a CMH and has gotten some great results from that.

Back
Top Bottom