Buying Equipment and Lighting in Online Stores?

Purple4280

Hi everyone,

Newbie here. I'm thinking about getting started in hydroponic indoor growing. For the past couple weeks I've been lurking around some forums for tips on how to get started, which has been super helpful. You guys have a great community! But there are a ton of different opinions out there. I'd love your advice on a couple questions.

- I've seen a lot of great deals equipment at online stores. Is it better to buy stuff online or at a local store? For most of the stuff I buy outside of toiler paper, I'd rather buy it on Amazon.com if I can. But growing is very complicated and my local store was very helpful when I visited to check out their selection. What do you guys think? Is it worth saving a bit of money by buying stuff online? And do expert growers still go to stores?

- It looks like lighting can get pretty expensive. Does it matter if I go with expensive or cheap lights? Does the brand of light make a big difference? Which brands make the best products? There are so many light brands and I have no idea how to tell the difference!!! When I buy a bottle of wine, I can't tell the difference if I pay $10 or $20!

Thanks a million!!! :thanks:

Hello and welcome,

If you know exactly what you want and don't care about support and service go with Amazon. If you like your local folks support them. If you want to save money, be safe and have it delivered... try 420Magazine's vendors. These folks have paid their dues to be here and support their products.

Some stuff is ok online just make sure if there's shipping you add that to price then compare to your grow store. In some case's you will find there is a 10$ difference's on a light fixture from the net and your store. Now If I was you I would pay the extra 10 bucks to get the fixture knowing the glass is not broke and nothing is broken. You will have to pick and chose whats worth going to the net and whats not. I always make a build sheet and get net prices WITH shipping added if they charge shipping. Then I go to grow shop and price there. Some Shops will work with you on bundle deals. Hope You the best. Happy Growing To All.

I say support your local store. As long as they are fair in price and also offer great customer service then support them as much as possible. Even if it's a bit more expensive then online, it's worth it. They have a lot of expenses to run the place and they produce tax to help your community.

If you just don't care, feel free to order from us ;)

I say support your local store. As long as they are fair in price and also offer great customer service then support them as much as possible. Even if it's a bit more expensive then online, it's worth it. They have a lot of expenses to run the place and they produce tax to help your community.

If you just don't care, feel free to order from us ;)

This is the best answer one could hope for. And I think it shows that JJ Bones has integrity!!! Lots!. He is willing to take food from his kids mouth to insure that you get what you need and to keep mom and pop in business.

With that said, I live in the boonies. And I use Earth Juice products and if I want something besides Grow, Bloom and Micro I have to order it any ways. And none of the workers have ever used it so they are basically no help to me any ways. I have learned 100% of what I know about growing from this forum. That and trial and error. So, if the local guys are help to you, patronize them. If not so helpful, find some one who is. It's really that simple.

Thanks for the quick and super helpful feedback everyone!! I love how friend the community here is! :bravo:

I live near a few good local stores, so I'll give them another look. They've been pretty helpful so far. But I will make sure to take a look at the 420 Forum sponsors too!

Back
Top Bottom