Buying seeds in the US?

Hi all,

I am curious about buying seeds. I would prefer to mail order from folks in the US as opposed to buying online from Canada or Europe (if thats doable). Could use some hints about how to avoid the man.
Thanks as always!
Hints, hhmm.

It is not illegal to have someone mail you seeds that I can figure out. You can always claim you had no clue why someone is sending seeds to you. It is a different story for who ever did the mailing. IF the USPS finds out about your package they will open it and confiscate the seeds and send you a notice but from what I have been told and have read they do not say exactly what they found.

And, you are helping avoid potential problems by trying to have the seeds be mailed from the US to the US. Certainly avoids customs inspections.

Here is a recent thread with a similar question about US seed banks....

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/us-seeds.474617/

Fwiw it's more illegal to ship seeds across state lines than it is to import them across the border. I typically choose overseas Banks seedsman in particular for that reason.

Pick a bank with a long reputable history pay for the insurance and you'll avoid a lot of the complaints folks have with ordering seeds. If going overseas Give it a month, don't expect your seeds in a week. Plan ahead.
Any of the sponsors is a good choice but the vault and Dutch seeds shops are also good ones to deal with.

Fwiw it's more illegal to ship seeds across state lines than it is to import them across the border. I typically choose overseas Banks seedsman in particular for that reason.

Pick a bank with a long reputable history pay for the insurance and you'll avoid a lot of the complaints folks have with ordering seeds. If going overseas Give it a month, don't expect your seeds in a week. Plan ahead.
Any of the sponsors is a good choice but the vault and Dutch seeds shops are also good ones to deal with.
No doubt about shipping across state lines. The way I see it, the package has a better chance of being found when it has to go past customs.

@Edzzed, interesting read about Marc Emery. I vaguely recall reading about it awhile back. Thanks for the info and reference link.

Did you read about his 300 block of Hastings st. Very bad area of town as in NOT SAFE to walk during the day. Lots of addicts and prostitutes. I drove down that way last week. Saw tent city at Oppenheimer park. Cannabis culture has moved a few blocks away but even when you park you are overwhelmed by the stench of rotting urine. Not a nice area of town at all.

We have a guy in Vancouver BC who spent a few years in a USA jail due to shipping seeds to the USA. He shipped a lot and by a lot I mean it was a commercial enterprise. He got the moniker Prince of Pot. Marc Emery - Wikipedia
Use to see Marc on a daily basis while serving time in the states.Not gonna say what institution but his wife Jodi visited him regularly.Marc was a cool guy.

I have some personal information on this subject, I live in a USA state, that at the time had no legal, medical nothing. I had for a few years been ordering from a seed broker in Spain, never had a problem. So here is the order in my mail, open it and the original little box had no beans but a letter from our Dept. of Agriculture, USA, weird letter folded up and the same envelope was re-taped shut. The beans were confiscated and destroyed. Had my name and address on a somewhat of a form letter, it spoke of Cannabis Sativa seeds (they were indica),being illegal and a copy of this letter is going to my local prosecutor, o shit. They were found out at the New York airport customs. Nothing not a word from anyone on the subject and this was 4 years ago now I believe. I looked for the letter and was going to post it here but I just can not find it right now. I sent a copy of the letter to my seed broker in spain and they resent my order in full with no further problems. I would not worry much about, oh what if . USA seeds are nice but also very pricey, though they go through no customs, ya pay for the convenience of not being so paranoid, ha, ha. I have for a few years now found a nice small one man operation in Canada, I call him and talk and have whatever I ordered in my mail a week later nice, very nice, he even takes my VISA without ripping me off. What the heck. I love my hobby with benefits.

Seedsman n the vault is my go to seeds in the USA are very expensive I had a site out of USA but bumped the prices to double for more seeds doe but still expensive wen ur paying 50 to 100 bucks just for one strain

Did you read about his 300 block of Hastings st. Very bad area of town as in NOT SAFE to walk during the day. Lots of addicts and prostitutes. I drove down that way last week. Saw tent city at Oppenheimer park. Cannabis culture has moved a few blocks away but even when you park you are overwhelmed by the stench of rotting urine. Not a nice area of town at all.
Walked downtown Vancouver alot , it is as safe as you make it
Just walk past the addicts and say hi if they say Hi to you and just keep walking
It is a big city like any other has a rough area of town
Love Vancouver because you can see a large cross section of society

Do you think "the man" spends more time investigating seed sellers inside or outside of the country they have jurisdiction in?

They know the companies who are selling seeds and which addresses they are sending them from.
Forgot to get back to you earlier.

My thought is that they would investigate inside the country first; it is their backyard so to speak. They have more authority here and do not have to ask permissions of foreign governments.

Walked downtown Vancouver alot , it is as safe as you make it
Just walk past the addicts and say hi if they say Hi to you and just keep walking
It is a big city like any other has a rough area of town
Love Vancouver because you can see a large cross section of society
While the streets might be somewhat safe, The alleys are asking for trouble. I had a friend who was catching a bus home at Main and Hastings. He got mugged. He was only 17 when it happened some 30 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom