Buzz's Grow Journal #4: Blue Cookies! Crown Royale! & My Perennial Favourite Blueberry!

buzz62

High All! :Rasta:
Back at it again with a new strain and some old favourites. Feeding Emerald Harvest Cali Pro Grow and Bloom this run as the advanced nutrients products are temporarily unavailable here. Running nutes at the 3 ml per litre rate (E.C.= 1600)

The 15 sq.ft Room
has a Crown Royale and a Blue Cookie in 15 gallon pots in Sunshine #4 peat
1 Mars Hydro TSW 2000 QP light with 2 X-2 cob 9530's for a total of 700 watts or 46.6 watts a square foot
has a humidity and temperature controlled inline fan set at 55%rh and 80F
a duct booster on the same line exhausts air much slower during the night
Night temp is 65F and days are up at 78F with the light heat, humidity at most 55%
This room also has a 10 foot ceiling so a duct booster fan brings air from the ceiling and fans it out on the floor to keep it even

The 10 Sq. Ft Tent
has two Blueberries in 15 gallon pots in Sunshine #4 peat.
Has two 9530 cobs and a 165 watt no name Blurple for a total of 365 watts or 36.5 watts a square foot
Has one interior 6" circulation fan and a 4 inch duct booster exhausting the tent continually
night temp 65F days are 75F due to the hear from the lights

I am a bit late starting this, clones have been going about 5 weeks and I plan to flip the Crown and Blue Cookies in a couple of weeks after I train them outward into the netting. The Blueberries are slow like usual......

A friend tried some clones outdoors this summer, unfortunately despite him putting up a temporary car garage over them, we had snow in the middle of October which was a drag for everyone around here. He still got a bunch but it wan't near its potential.

A friend tried some clones outdoors this summer, unfortunately despite him putting up a temporary car garage over them, we had snow in the middle of October which was a drag for everyone around here. He still got a bunch but it wan't near its potential.

Now I know what happened to the blueberry

Blue cookies are good. I wished I would have popped all 5 and filled the tent. I was let down by the small return I got. Maybe you can unlock her secrets.
:thumb:
Its doing great in veg, I got it as a clone from a buddy, hoping its a good producer. My Blueberry strain is quite a bit slower in veg.

So I found my new Mars Hydro TSW 2000 running pretty hot, so I mounted the psu remotely on some aluminum rails.IT came with 5 foot leads so it was almost like they wanted me to! I also aimed a 6 inch fan at the top of the light and it feels cooler now. Those PSU's get HOT! I am going to get a small computer fan for them. My one improvement would be putting a knob on the outside of the psu to dim it rather than the hard to see internal pot. :Rasta:

Ran my hand across the top of the Mars light and discovered that the reflector was picking up induced voltage from the lights below. Subtly feels like its vibrating or buzzing under my fingertips. Reads 15 volts AC, which is interesting with a DC powered light. No discernible amperage. I ran a separate ground back to the power supplies mounting plate and the buzzing/vibrating is gone. Don't think it was dangerous, just disconcerting. With the psu's mounted from factory on the reflector the grounding is built in, but the heat of the light coupled with the psu heat made the psu's almost too hot to touch which is why I moved them. They run far cooler sitting vertical on the wall and will hopefully last longe.

Ran my hand across the top of the Mars light and discovered that the reflector was picking up induced voltage from the lights below. Subtly feels like its vibrating or buzzing under my fingertips. Reads 15 volts AC, which is interesting with a DC powered light. No discernible amperage. I ran a separate ground back to the power supplies mounting plate and the buzzing/vibrating is gone. Don't think it was dangerous, just disconcerting. With the psu's mounted from factory on the reflector the grounding is built in, but the heat of the light coupled with the psu heat made the psu's almost too hot to touch which is why I moved them. They run far cooler sitting vertical on the wall and will hopefully last longe.
Does the light have a ferrite bead on the cord could be magnetic voltage from the leds
Making some oil out of some bud never had enough before only could afford to wash leaf before

Does the light have a ferrite bead on the cord could be magnetic voltage from the leds

It doesn't, but grounding it drains it away. I agree its magnetic induction from all the diodes.

Making some oil out of some bud never had enough before only could afford to wash leaf before

Isn't it nice to have those problems!!

Isn't it nice to have those problems!!
yes it is, just wish I had more, sister has m/s & parents neighbor has cancer

So did some more lollypopping today, gonna flip the room girls next weekend, the net should be filled in by then. Funny, you sit on the floor and trim away a bucket of leaves, and from the top it looks like you didn't do anything! Not hard to tell these were mothers, the trunks look like bonsai trees!

Everybody's doing great, running the grow nutes harder on the larger girls at EC 2000 µs, keeping it at 1600 for the two Blues until they get a bit more energetic! They have picked up since I raised the wattage to 450, but still slow compared to the other two. I cut the growing tips off the Crown and a few off the Cookies today to get the top to level off. Next week will be two months in grow so I think I will flip then, and the netting should be more filled out by then.

Seeds came today, took ten days. I got 39 seeds for $194 can. super deal from expert seeds bought 3 seeds got 3 free when they arrived they were special promotion packs 5+3
IMG_1523.JPGIMG_1524.JPG

Seeds came today, took ten days. I got 39 seeds for $194 can. super deal from expert seeds bought 3 seeds got 3 free when they arrived they were special promotion packs 5+3
IMG_1523.JPGIMG_1524.JPG
Nice score. Did you get the free Alaskan Purple by Seedsman? It's an excellent smoke...

Nice score. Did you get the free Alaskan Purple by Seedsman? It's an excellent smoke...

No, in the pic those are all Blueberry auto. I bought them from @George from The Vault (Thanks) on there Green Friday sale & don't remember seeing Alaskan Purple by Seedsman as a freebie, They may have added it later, or I took the Tropicanna banana instead
I see I cut off the Purple Orange cbd by Dinafem (in the tin )in the pic Ordered early to beat the rush & then the diff seed companies added a bunch more discounts after. Oh well still got a great deal :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom