BWC BayArea's Largest Solo Grow to Date

Unequal Air Pressure

Ok still can't sleep. So I decided to try to do something about the vacuum created when I zip/close up. The plastic wall gets slowly sucked in leaning on plants and blocking light from leaves covered by the plastic. It appears to happen when the AC or dehumidifier kick in (i didn't think to factor in the airflow of the intake on the ac unit), now I must compensate. I have a small, inline fan w/4" ducting. Had a spare 8" fan stored, so I broke him out and replaced the 4" fan with the 8". WHOA!! High CFMs (i'll post the exact #s later). The 8" pushed new air in faster than it was being exhausted, causing a balloon affect (way more powerful than the vacuum created with the 4" in place). The suction and ballooning was causing the velcro to slowly separate (good thing I reinforced a few weak areas earlier. I took the 8" out an replaced it wit the 4" (it pulls, but not hard enough to detach all the velcro and fall). I weighed my options. I have a 6" fantek (thought it was a can fan) on my carbon filter, spare 8" and 4" intake. I was thinking taking the 8" w/8"to 6" reducers and placing it inline with filter an hoods to exhaust, putting the 6" on the intake and if the there's not enough negative pressure, drilling another 4" hole in attic cover and installing the 4" fan as an extra exhaust. When multiple fan are in used in simultaneously, one must consider the noise factor (cross that bridge when we get there). Lights just went out few mins ago. I'll play with it tomorrow. Guess I'll go to the Dro store cuz I need to change out this weak ass, dim, used 400w HPS lamp. Maybe I'll pick up the reducers and consult with a few confidants for best alternatives. I'd like to hear some of ur feedback as well. Talk to me. :thanks::rollit::peace:

Re: 7/25 Let's look at some evidence of different problems around the garden

See if U can name the deficiency.
Purple_veins.JPG

to make it easy hears another shot of this skinny girl.
purple_stem.JPG

Ok enough with that.

The yellow leaves can mean a lot of things, but the purple stems are a dead giveaway - Phosphorus Deficiency. I'm guessing lockout due to PH rather than lack of nute?

Nice Analysis

The yellow leaves can mean a lot of things.
Phosphorus Deficiency. I'm guessing lockout due to PH rather than lack of nute?
Damn I was tyna give some noobies action at answering.
Yellowing resulted from a reduction of N in bloom nutes, but in that pic I was trying to focus on the red/purp veins. Yes, I was definitely thinking P deficiency. Let's let some1 else try to put the rest of the pieces together. I have a pretty good idea but I wanna draw from the rest of the think tank, I may have overlooked something. Nice analysis. Thanks 4 the input.

CO2 and background info

Nice looking grow. What are you using for C02?

Fresh air and co2 expelled from all breathing organisms that depend upon oxygen to live (including humans) Lol. If I added CO2 it probably give me action at a decent yield. DC x SC is considered a low yielding connoisseur's strain (according to Oaksterdam's description, I wanna test it). I been workin with it for bout 9 months (approx 4-5 cycles). Been trying different things to maximize yield. I figure I'd cover the basics then start investin in more equip. 1st cycle working with it, was tap water, Cutting Edge's 3 part (micro, grow , bloom),and soil from a local co-op [(nursery) I think I got my 1st batch of gnats from that, good soil tho (one of the best blends I used to date) no ph, or ppm monitoring. Pretty decent yield. Got about 3-4 oz (combined from 2 plants). Shit, the trim was potent in that run! Flowered 2 girls from clone @ around 3' that run. I still have the year old bag, inside covered in trichs still! Then I invested in the Small Boy water filter, PH, and TDS meters, more additives, bigger filter, and more. I thought about low cost alternatives to co2 other than large tanks or gas burners, like dry ice but I simply don't have the space for it right now (at least I haven't figured out how to get the most out of this larger floor space). Thanks for droppin in. :peace:

Quick Update

Ok everything went ok. My AC didn't tear the wall down. It did detach one velcro strip and the tape I used to seal light leaks on the inside so now I know I had a light leak. Not too worried about it, its a pretty dark place. If moon light doesn't disturb outdoor plants' cycle y should I worry (we get to test that theory. u know ... the fun stuff). All of this will be fixed tomorrow. I bought a ceiling fan dimmer switch to try to control the speed of my 8" 478/419 CFM (variable speed) fan and pop, spark,*@%#! (wish i had a pic tho). thank God for liberal return policies. I'm glad I kept the receipt. Woke up too late to go to the hydro store today, definitely tomorrow (I sound like a stoner don't I?). Gotta ge a new bulb anyway.

As for my girls, still sprouting. The one thing I did notice is that the supercrop bends are getting stronger and auxins have been redirected to what appears to be the most central, highest growth shoot. The bent main shoot has recovered and looks like its about to take off again. I'll post more pics, maybe tomorrow. I think I've got the basics covered so far.

I was readin my Grower's bible tonite and realized that there was a small section on supercrpping in there that I've been overlooking. I don't even remember that being covered in class. But weedtastic's grow caught my attention and put me up on it. Temps look cool. everything's cool 4 today. Tonite I'm feelin lazy so tomorrow small pots and cups get fed, ac filters get cleaned,and better intake will be in place. This is the plan tune in tomorrow. :peace:

New Growth?

BWC.....Do you have yellow on your new growth on that plant?

If u were asking about the girl w/yellow leaf, purp stem in the pic, there is no new growth. she gets cut down this week or next week. Pistils don't look ready and I haven't checked the trichomes in about a week.

Problem and remedy for unequal air flow

Ok so I got up in time to make it to return the ceiling fan dimmer switch and pick up a variable speed controller. Its cool because it requires no wiring, tested and work with the 2 speeds my fan has. Fan plugs into controller, controller to outlet. Looks like the knob just regulates the current. Hopefully the lowest speed isn't to much or I'll have to switch some fans around. We'll c when the lights come on. Here's what the problem looks like
The Vacuum
unequal_aire_pressure_vacuum_.jpg

And here a pick of my 8" fan, the controller, and the new 400W I said I was getting.
400W_HPS_variable_speed_controller_8_inline_fan.JPG

Just changed 400W lamp from a GE solarlux the Eye Hortilux 400W supper HPS. I'll do the fan later. once the lights come on I open the room up for increased air flow. I'll install the fan and duct b4 I close up. And I gotta clean my ac filters today, might do some more super cropping. We'll c.

*Update*
Manicured a SOGer from the old perpetual (she went in alone/early). Here's a B4 and after but....I STILL NEED HELP WITH A GOOD MACRO.
B4_manicure.jpg
DCxSC_After.JPG
I love tha way this smells, its weird. Harvested, dried, unmanicured buds have a light sweet fruity aroma. What I found weird is when blooming there's a stage where its smells almost like gym socks. B4 they dry the smell is not strong at all. If u touch or brush against it u will smell a sweet lemon, almost strawberry lemonade. Once the metal hits it, WOW. I swear the resin on latex smells JUST LIKE LEMONHEADS candy. Fresh in the jar right b4 closing it'll tap u on the nose like its sayin "Hey, It's me. I'm here. Let's do it!!!"(can u tell I'm big on smell). The flavor well......we'll get into that later.

7/25 Update Bloom Day 4

Just a quick update. Fan controller will work with the 8" for now (even though its balooning the plastic, its not on the girls and that's what matters), think I'll swap it with the one inline with the carbon filter (didn't feel the need to post a pic. looks the same as 4", twice as big). And move the 6" fan to intake. Still contemplating adding additional exhaust to the room itself. Right now it exhausts thru the charcoal filter and hoods. Always done it this way. What do u guys think would be best?

I also did some more supercroping. 2 of the last 4 popped back up. It knda freaked me out because I saw a swollen bubble on the stem of one and thought it was a borer or something. When I squeezed it, hard as a rock plant repaired itself LOL. I supercroped a few more as u'll c in the next pic or 2. 1 st pic u can clearly see the plant in the rear bent over. U can easily see what I've done. Didn't clean ac today, more work than i wanna do. I gotta move pots take stuff apart and give the filters enough time to dry. Didn't feed the ones I said I would. I checked a couple that looked dry, they'll be good til tomorrow. If not I'll deal with it. Guess I'll wait till the triplet's are done. They take up a lot of space.
and_more_supercropping_7-28.JPG

Here they go.
tripplettes_lights_out_5th_wk_7-28.JPG

I am concerned that the fan leaves are light green, tomorrow I anticipate them being yellow. I thought this was normal til I saw other journals. I wanna keep my foliage lush and green to produce and much energy as possible, any suggestions? This is week 5 for them. Been here before and would like to get past this hurdle.
I think that's it for now. Later, :peace:

they seem to be finishing too early by the bud growth pics....I dont see nute/ph issues though....some leaves just "give up the ghost" to sacrifice for the plant....dont worry bout it

hey master supercropper well done! great job i was always under the impression yellowing leafs yellowing before the end of a grow means it can take more nutes as its not getting enough so takes wot it can from the leaves im not certain thou im sure you will know better than me wot your plants need ...once again congrats on the suppercroping and ive also voted you for member of the month so come on guys an gals get voting in the contests section .........be lucky weedtastic :goodjob: ps i also read somewhere epsom salts are used for mag deff just incase you think the yellowing is that?

I was thinking maybe re introduce nitrogen. The Cutting Edge Micro has a 6 for nitro. I don;t use the grow any more. I am wondering if I should gradually reincorporate the grow portion of the 3 part mix back into it. I realize when leaves yellow, the plant can take the mobile nutrients and redirect them to other parts of the plant (or something along those lines). but i keep seeing all the pics of people finishing flower with lush, green foliage. Any thoughts on that?

7/28 Update Day5 Flower

Here are the nutes that I'm using.Cutting Edge Solutions 3 part micro-grow-bloom + Plant Amp, Uncle John's Blend. I aslo have liquid and powdered Kool Bloom, B1 and Dyna Grow Protek silica solution.

Nutes8.JPG

Culled out this one due to, well I'm not too sure (hope its not fungus, I just sprayed). Take a look. She was still in a cup waiting to be transplanted.
Culled_out.JPG

Took this leaf from an adjacent plant (leaves touching) not sure what's happening.
Fan_of_adjacent_plant.JPG

Other than that I mixed 2 gal of transitional mix + B1 + Dyna Grow Protek. I fed the 1 gal pots at 700-730 PPM. And The cups at 550 PPM. I fed all pots incrementally dividing what was in a 2qt watering can between them 3-5 pots at a time. Feed the large pots later this week and the triplets tomorrow.

Wasn't root bound

How big are the pots bwc? That leaf reminds me of a plant that I had that was root bound and it looked very similar to that picture.

Good point, but that's wasn't it. Just checked root ball, they looked a little brown. Mighta been root rot, but that doesn't explain the plant next to it (or maybe it does). The plant pictured was in a cup (awaiting transplant).I'm still reading up on it. Pot sizes are in the very 1st post #2).

Back
Top Bottom