C-LOJ Back With Another COCO Grow!

:popcorn:WELCOME:popcorn:

After a short hiatus from these forums, I'm back and gearing up for another grow. So here's the info:

8 plants from clone
Skunk#1 cross...called 'PorkHammer'
Coco coir for the rooties
2gal Plant Warrior pots (anyone ever tried 'em?)
Drip to waste
H&G Coco's A&B
Maybe a bloom suppliment, haven't decided yet
4'x4'x6' cab
430w T8 for veg
600w HPS for flowers
Lots of love!

...and that's pretty much it. Just trying to keep it simple and grow some phenomenal sensimillia! :yummy:

Pics coming soon....

Here's some pics of the grow cab I just finished building. It is a 4'x4'x6' cabinet I built from 2x2's and 1/2in mdf board. I also put it all on some casters so it is easier to move around if need be. It is totally airtight and light-tight and should make a perfect home for my girls!

Outside:
IMG_5704.JPG

Inside:
IMG_56991.JPG

The mechanics:
IMG_5701.JPG

The pots (we'll see if that doohickey in the bottom is just a gimmick or not):
IMG_5703.JPG

The Cocos:
IMG_5698.JPG

:hookah:

So, my starts were cut last week and are sitting in my friend's aero cloner waiting for roots. I suspect that they'll be ready and into my cab later this week, and that's when the real fun will start!

Until then I'm just hangin. Playing some reggae tunes and smoking some little leafy nugs I picked up from the local dispensary called Heavenly Scent. Supposedly it is a Purple Erkle X Belladonna cross. Very Nice!
Heavenly_Scent.JPG

YouTube - Duane Stephenson - August Town

Thanks for looking in 420fied!

And thanks for the kind words about the cab! It isn't the first grow cabinet that I've built, but it is the nicest. My previous cabinets were kinda half-ass and not very well thought out. I'm hoping this one will perform well for me for many grows.

:Rasta:

Haven't gotten my 8 clones yet..they are still in the aero cloner working on roots. I'm hoping thet'll be ready in a few more days.
But, I just germinated a California Orange fem seed from a few that I have stashed away. I plan to make this into my mother plant for successive perpetual grows. Anyway, here's a pic just before I buried it and watered it into its new coco home...

IMG_57612.JPG

HorseBad! Yep, I disappeared for awhile, but I'm back! Thanks for stopping by the new grow! I'll have to stop by and see how your Hempy's are doing :)
I hope to get my show on the road sometime this week. Come on Clones!

Also, I just ordered some Hawaii Maui Waui beans from Sativa Seeds. When they get here I'll be planting a few of them for mothers as well.

HorseBad! Yep, I disappeared for awhile, but I'm back! Thanks for stopping by the new grow! I'll have to stop by and see how your Hempy's are doing :)
I hope to get my show on the road sometime this week. Come on Clones!

Also, I just ordered some Hawaii Maui Waui beans from Sativa Seeds. When they get here I'll be planting a few of them for mothers as well.

I'm anxious to see the Maui Wowie... I've got a clone that's just named Hawaiian... looks to be heavy Indica, and remarkably frosty.

Clones, clones, clones!!!

I'm anxious to see the Maui Wowie... I've got a clone that's just named Hawaiian... looks to be heavy Indica, and remarkably frosty.

Clones, clones, clones!!!

Yea, I'm really anxious to see the Wowie too! I know it's not the original strain, but I'd be stoked if it can come close! I lived in Hawaii for the better part of a decade, and really like the island strains I had the chance to sample while I was there.

For an update:

I talked to my friend today...The one who is supplying my clones. He says they are still in the cloner with no roots yet. He said they seem to be doing fine, not wilting or looking sick, but still NO ROOTS! It's been 12 days so far. I've never seen cuttings take so long to root in an aero cloner. I hope they make it...I'm jonesin to get this grow started! If they don't make it, I still have more Orange Bud seeds, and the Wowie that is on the way. I just really didn't want to start this grow from seed, but I will if need be!

Here is a pic of the Orange Bud seedling that just sprouted. Hopefully she will make a good mother:
IMG_57651.jpg

That's it for now. :peacetwo:

:popcorn: Love looking into your grows C-LOJ! You've gotten great results from the Coco in the past. I strongly suggest all who haven't to look at this man's past journals here. :thumb:

On the cabinet door; how do you get it to seal closed? Do you have a filtered air intake somewhere or does the air just leak in from around the door edges? I'd figure you would have needed some kind of latch to press the door into the door gasket/seal unless there was sufficient negative air pressure inside the cabinet.

Anyways, glad to see you around. Enjoy your summer grow and hope your ladies stay cool!

:peacetwo:

:popcorn: Love looking into your grows C-LOJ! You've gotten great results from the Coco in the past. I strongly suggest all who haven't to look at this man's past journals here. :thumb:

On the cabinet door; how do you get it to seal closed? Do you have a filtered air intake somewhere or does the air just leak in from around the door edges? I'd figure you would have needed some kind of latch to press the door into the door gasket/seal unless there was sufficient negative air pressure inside the cabinet.

Anyways, glad to see you around. Enjoy your summer grow and hope your ladies stay cool!

:peacetwo:

Munki! Good to see ya! Thanks for the kind words I really appreciate it. ;)

For the cabinet door, I put put some latches on the door to keep it tightly sealed. You don't see them in the picture because They weren't installed yet.
As for the air intake, I have two 30cfm fans with light traps sitting low at the pot level. I do have negative air pressure, but nowhere near the level it would take to keep that door sealed shut.
As for the summer heat. I have prepped a bit more than last year. I've got an A/C unit ready to go, and I'm venting my exhaust out through the chimney..unlike last year where I just vented into the room and watched the temps skyrocket!

Thanks Munki!

..unlike last year where I just vented into the room and watched the temps skyrocket!

Lol, you did that? Kinda like leaving the fridge door open to cool the room... ;)

I'm really impressed by the results you got - loco with coco. Subbin' and watchin' how this one will turn out.

As for your clones - did you use any "advanced" techniques such as scarification / rooting hormone? I've had the first root bumps show at day 5 using both of these - the last clones rooted on day 7. Beginner's luck, for sure - I didn't even check water temps, the temps under the dome were too high and so on; but so far, 36/36 have survived and been transplanted.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Lol, you did that? Kinda like leaving the fridge door open to cool the room... ;)

I'm really impressed by the results you got - loco with coco. Subbin' and watchin' how this one will turn out.

As for your clones - did you use any "advanced" techniques such as scarification / rooting hormone? I've had the first root bumps show at day 5 using both of these - the last clones rooted on day 7. Beginner's luck, for sure - I didn't even check water temps, the temps under the dome were too high and so on; but so far, 36/36 have survived and been transplanted.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Ha! Thanks for the compliments LED!

As for the clones...I didn't have any part of the process. My friend is doing that part since they are his mothers. I know he uses a rooting gel, then sticks them in his cloner...but I don't know if he's scraping the outer layers. or doing any other little tricks. :idea:I should ask him next time we talk!

I did a little experiment with three of the 36 clones and scraped off only one half of the stem ends. Dipped them in cloning gel, put them in the cloner and - lo and behold - six days later, the scarified half of the stems were already sprouting roots while the untouched sides barely showed bumps.

I guess it really makes a difference, at least with aeroponic cloning.

I did a little experiment with three of the 36 clones and scraped off only one half of the stem ends. Dipped them in cloning gel, put them in the cloner and - lo and behold - six days later, the scarified half of the stems were already sprouting roots while the untouched sides barely showed bumps.

I guess it really makes a difference, at least with aeroponic cloning.

Sounds like scraping is the way to go! I talked to my friend this morning, and he says he doesn't scrape em, he just splits the stem in half at the bottom. He usually gets good results, but this batch is just taking longer to root for some reason.
Either way, he said my babies are starting to root. So I'm going to pick them up in a couple days! woohoo :cheer:

Nice professional job on the cabinet, I'll be keeping a close eye on your grow as i would like too try coco some day. Hope you don't mind me asking a few question? First one is what do you do at the end of your grows with your coco? Now off to read your previous grows...

cheers;)

Back
Top Bottom