C99 Closet Grow

filthyjoobag

Hey guys, it's my first grow and I have a query.
I have just noticed on my plants some brown marks and the leaves are yellowing. I think it might be calcium/magnesium/nitrogen def. but some experienced advice would be welcome. They are on day 14 from seed.

Growing under 125w cfl 6500k and 2 23w 2700k so far.
Lights are 24/0 atm Temps between 24C-30C RH is 35-45%
Seeds are C99 fem. in Coco/perlite 80/20 mix
Water is from tap and britta filtered, I haven't got an ec meter, only ph.

Nutes are dutch pro a+b grow, dutch pro multi total and superthrive. I have been watering with ph 5.9-6.1. With ph 5.3-5.5 runoff. I have fed twice with nutes at a 1/4 strength. My schedule has been watering twice plain ph'd and then the nutes feed. Its working out at a feed every other day atm. Haven't given any superthrive yet.

Any help would be great and if i've missed any info let me know. Cheers guys!!

My bad, I should have read the rules!!! Thanks Spimp!

4_-_x6hwudy.jpg
3_-_OSN4HLl.jpg
2_-_zMZEtYw.jpg
1_-_SQbk4MV.jpg

My leaves were getting yellow when I was using Coco I was due to switch to soil 2 weeks after I noticed in the mean time I watered with Calmag from shogun 2ml per litre and normal grow nutes and they picked up fast. Yours look a lot like mine. Also I took them from a hps and put them under a PLL Cfl so that might be helpful but I would guess it's the nutes. After I transplanted to soil they shot up. Coco takes a lot of work and I repeatedly fucked up. here are some early pics when they were yellow and after.
In coco
20140417_194607.jpg
20140424_190042.jpg

Still in coco and perlite
20140429_154000.jpg

Now in soil
20140504_174219.jpg

In your first post you said you are watering every other day. This will probably end up hurting your girls. Proper watering should be only when the medium is mostly dry(80-90% dry), then water slowly till you get run off out the bottom of your pots, then do not water again until they are mostly dry.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Thanks guys I am going to try source some CalMag but I'm finding it difficult in my neck of the woods. I don't think I'm going to give up on Coco just yet....

I have been using the 'lift' technique for judging when to water them and I'm watering until I get around 20% run-off everytime. If i leave them longer than two days they don't seem to get any lighter... So I don't think I'm overwatering, they are 4" high pots and dry out a lot even by the end of the watering day.. I was under the imression that Coco was very hard to overwater....

Thanks guys I am going to try source some CalMag but I'm finding it difficult in my neck of the woods. I don't think I'm going to give up on Coco just yet....

I have been using the 'lift' technique for judging when to water them and I'm watering until I get around 20% run-off everytime. If i leave them longer than two days they don't seem to get any lighter... So I don't think I'm overwatering, they are 4" high pots and dry out a lot even by the end of the watering day.. I was under the imression that Coco was very hard to overwater....

They look overwatered to me too - leaves not flattening can be from that. Hold off watering until you can actually see the leaves beginning to droop or wilt. That's what gives them the message to grow more roots and reach deeper.

Speaking of which - getting them into bigger pots would be good. Early veg is about developing a robust root system, so they don't 'run out of gas' when they need it.

Back
Top Bottom