C99 & Iced Widow

Hi everyone, nothing to report really except...

Less than 1 week to harvest!!

Well I hope so lol!...the trichs at least tell me the end is near. This reminds me of William Blake when he wrote;

"in seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy!" so true...

:Namaste:

Great news! Where are the pics??

Hey Blaze hope your good. Where are the pics?? good question buddy, how about I describe them to you in words :rofl: only kidding, will try to upload a couple today & if not tomorrow. In the meantime use your imagination...lol!!

:tokin:

Hello everyone. Quick update on day 52 from flip. I intend to harvest on saturday...will also give them 72hrs of darkness before then.

day52 from flip:
flip51.JPG

day52 from flip:
flip51_3_.JPG

:peacetwo:

Those buds have really swelled.

Some fast flowering girls you have there.

I also do the dark period but some say it is pointless.

+ reps

Those buds have really swelled.

Some fast flowering girls you have there.

I also do the dark period but some say it is pointless.

+ reps

Thanks blaze. Regarding the extended dark period I think your right to do so & it sounds like you feel that too. It makes sense to me because thc is there to protect the plant from light etc, during lights on it will lose some thc but will get it back during the dark period plus some extra. I think thats why over the weeks you see the crystals gradually increase in number. Also most people agree that its best to harvest BEFORE lights on...why is that? because thc is at its optimum just after dark & starts losing some during the day. An extended dark period will allow the thc to buildup without any loss...for example say there's 10 crystals before lights are on, under lights that number will decrease to 8 but during lights off it will get the 2 back plus an extra 2 so on that day there will be 12 & so on. In an extended dark period the same process occurs BUT without any loss due to light. 72hrs is ideal because the plant has enough energy stored up for 3days without light.

Plus its free to do so can't really complain...:grinjoint:

I've always noticed a difference when I do it. I usually do it for 48 hrs and then chop. The calyxes swell up and become rock hard as well.

SoIMJ
I have done lights out for 24 and 48 hrs and haven't really seen much difference. I have seen a difference in trics using a uv b reptile bulb.

SoIMJ
I have done lights out for 24 and 48 hrs and haven't really seen much difference. I have seen a difference in trics using a uv b reptile bulb.

Well there you go buddy...lights off or on doesn't make much difference, so why not give the equipment a bit of a rest lol. Nonetheless it makes sense to me when I read that thc degrades when lights on but replenishes in the dark. Are uv bulbs safe to be around though for long periods??

Well there you go buddy...lights off or on doesn't make much difference, so why not give the equipment a bit of a rest lol. Nonetheless it makes sense to me when I read that thc degrades when lights on but replenishes in the dark. Are uv bulbs safe to be around though for long periods??

SoIMJ
I don't think it's safe to be in the garden under uvb without eye protection. Additionally I would recommend not bud tending shirtless. :) Uvb on 4 to 6 hours per 12 hour cycle.

SoIMJ
I don't think it's safe to be in the garden without eye protection. Additionally I would recommend not bud tending shirtless. :) Uvb on 4 to 6 hours per 12 hour cycle.

So a uniform & welder mask is in order then :rofl: I use grow glasses even with hid.

Hello everyone. Quick update on day 52 from flip. I intend to harvest on saturday...will also give them 72hrs of darkness before then.

day52 from flip:
flip51.JPG

day52 from flip:
flip51_3_.JPG

:peacetwo:

SoIMJ
Looks like we are both harvesting Saturday. The countdown begins.

Hello everyone, ive been really busy lately & I don't have time to harvest today as planned. The lights have been off for nearly 65hrs as well, but looks like I can only pull em down on Monday (day 58 from flip). This morning I put the lights back on. The medium is still a bit wet so no need to water.

Will have to be patient another couple of days...I just hope they don't go all amber on me, I was aiming to harvest at mostly cloudy with just a little amber i.e. up to 5% amber no more.

So annoying when 'real life' gets in the way of growing :grinjoint:

Day 58 from flip (92days from sprout). Today I harvest :woohoo:

Unfortunately upon looking at the plants more carefully after lights off yesterday, I realised the smaller c99 has been self-pollinating for a while. There are a few seeds on a number of buds, I removed 5 already. The other's seems fine. Why did she self-pollinate? possibly stressed induced i.e. too close to the 1000w bulb or simply a last ditched effort on her part to produce offspring before the end. In any case the buds are still looking very nice but of course this will affect yield which is disapointing...I wish I paid more attention earlier. At least I know which buds to start using once a little dried lol! Will update later with pics etc.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom