C99 & Iced Widow

try and top at a angle. Are you planning on cloning these girls??
Looking gd Sol

Herb :yummy:

Cheers herb, but why at an angle?? not planning on cloning...just vegging for 35days then flip.

I top and FIM my plants, but have recently started monster cropping my plants and that's reduced the need for topping and fimming all together. You may want to look into it.
I was just looking into monster cropping a few minutes ago... lol
Dosent seem like it would save a whole lot of time, but looks like it would be good for growing out a mother plant.

well it does, mine only took i think 10 days to reveg and root and be ready for transplant, compare that to growing from seed. Monster cropped clones don't need to be topped or fimmed, reducing veg time again by them not having to recover, just throw em under a scrog and weave it through. scrog net fills up in half the time, especially when using hydro. It saves a lot of time, and they do make excellent mother plants as well. you should try it out sometime.

I top and FIM my plants, but have recently started monster cropping my plants and that's reduced the need for topping and fimming all together. You may want to look into it.

Thanks sci, will surely look into it in more detail...does sound good though from what ive quickly read, cheers for that. I need to harvest by early-mid dec so not sure I have the time. Seems perfect for perpetual grows, but just now I need to take a break inbetween.
:thumb:

Day 21 from sprout. I added some nutes at 1/8 strength 3days ago, will add the same nutes at 1/4 strength tonight. No pics though, hopefully I can upload tomorrow. The fimming seems to have worked although it took a few days to get going...the c99 seems to have 3 new shoots plus the 2 new nodes so thats 5 in total & the iced widow seems to have 4 including the 2 nodes. When I cut the iced widow the new growth was still small compared to the c99 plus I cut it lower so leaving less foliage which might explain the difference. Anyway I haven't fimmed the other two yet, im waiting on the new growth to become more visible & hopefully these ones will recover a little quicker.

Peace out :Namaste:

Hi Sol,
C-99 is one of my dream buds. Never tasted it, only heard how good it is.
Why do you use fabric pots? Wouldn't plastic work just as well, and dry out much more slowly? Just curious.

Hi Sol,
C-99 is one of my dream buds. Never tasted it, only heard how good it is.
Why do you use fabric pots? Wouldn't plastic work just as well, and dry out much more slowly? Just curious.

Hey spark im with ya, the c99 is one im really looking forward to as well...fabric pots are great because they allow more oxygene for the roots plus they're very hard to over-water in them since it will just pour out the bottom & sides. Have you got a grow going, actual or in planning?

Day22 (from sprout).

Been having some major power cuts again, lights off for hours each day over the weekend! really hope they sort this shit out because its not ideal for us growers:grinjoint:Had a good weekend though, massive headache yesterday & still feeling it...why can't I only have 3 or 4 beers then call it a day lol!

In any case here's some pics, the fimming seems to have worked...also I increased the lights to 600w a few days ago as the plants are getting wider. Still need to flip by day 35, I wish I had the time to veg another week. Will fim the other two by tomorrow...

day22:
day228.JPG

day22 FIM c99:
day22_fimc99_.JPG

day22 FIM iced widow:
day22_fimicedw_.JPG

peace

...fabric pots are great because they allow more oxygene for the roots plus they're very hard to over-water in them since it will just pour out the bottom & sides. Have you got a grow going, actual or in planning?

Hi Sol,
Not to beleaguer the point, but is overwatering really a big issue for you? Sounds to me like drying out was your biggest challenge. A good-quality potting mix should drain well enough that overwatering would not be a problem. Just trying to be helpful, and save you time, effort and money.

I held off growing this summer, and spent the time finding new stealthy locations. Guerrilla is my only option. Next summer I'll try my first auto grow. Your auto DP grow really made my mouth water!

Hi Sol,
Not to beleaguer the point, but is overwatering really a big issue for you? Sounds to me like drying out was your biggest challenge. A good-quality potting mix should drain well enough that overwatering would not be a problem. Just trying to be helpful, and save you time, effort and money.

I held off growing this summer, and spent the time finding new stealthy locations. Guerrilla is my only option. Next summer I'll try my first auto grow. Your auto DP grow really made my mouth water!

Hey spark, overwatering isnt an issue at all, its just one of the plus points with fabric pots...more importantly it allows for more o2 which is always good. If I couldn't grab a fabric then I'd be quite happy to use any regular pot. The DP was really good, I had lots of problems in my last grow so they never flourished in ideal conditions...I can only imagine how they could have turned out. This time im doing c99's as my sativa's for which im just as excited about. I hope you find a great location by the way, ive never done guerilla before...not sure how you go about it? I assume you go in a forest or as far away from civilisation as possible...do you plant them in pots or just in the ground?

Day22 (from sprout).

Forgot to say I fimmed the other two plants...hopefully they branch out well before I flip on day 35.

peace out

Hey Sol, have you got these under a hps? And has it been hot its just they curling up a lil on the edges n this usually points to heat if I remember correctly although I could be wrong. Just a point. Do fabric pots dry out faster?

Hey Sol, have you got these under a hps? And has it been hot its just they curling up a lil on the edges n this usually points to heat if I remember correctly although I could be wrong. Just a point. Do fabric pots dry out faster?

Hey herb hope your good. Yes they're under 600w hid & these days room temp is nearly 27c. The two c99's are feeling the heat more than the iced widows, especially the tall one with the sides curling up. Its been like this from the beginning, even when under 400w. The problem is one of the c99's is taller than the rest so I try to keep the lights as close as possible for the other's. When I put my hand over the canopy it doesn't feel hot though...but will raise the lights a bit further. Regarding the fabric pots (11ltr), after watering with 2ltr they dry out after 3 days.

cheers

They're drying out every 3 days with 2ltr of water, is that ok?? :tokin:

As long as you're around to water them, they could dry out twice a day!

My guerrilla grow technique involves plastic grow bags, each containing about two bushels of potting mix. It's surrounded by 2 inch mesh chicken wire, which is invisible from twenty feet away. It takes two trips on foot, about a mile each way with no trail, to set up each grow bag. I can't say much more without giving too many hints. Eyes are everywhere.

Day26. Supercropped the top of the tall c99, the stem was a bit thick so took a while, but now its a bit shorter & will free up a couple more nodes...sounds all good!! :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom