C99 - Soil - SCROG - Hopefully

Nice Harvest kovacs +reps :thumb:

yeah just have a little look about there around everywhere.

Also think some REPS are in order for you there GAIRBUD, just for sheer amount of information lol :cheer:

i can get tmi thats for sure lmao hey thanks. :oops:and i can go off on tangents:sorry:.lol.:party::thanks:theres a party in my brain. theres a party in my brain.:allgood:

today finished drying for second plant (actually maybe even 2-3 days too late, because it was almost too crispy), and total was 31 grams. Then weighted also some smaller buds which were cut off some smaller stems and those, that came off unintentionally during manicuring and it was additional 6 grams.

So grand total is 77 grams or 2.71 ounces (for those of you living in non-metric system :) )

Smoke tests to be performed on first plant either this weekend or next! :grinjoint:

Week ago got "60x iPhone microscope" from ebay... week later then I expected so failed to use it in order whether to harvest or not, but did some test pictures of harvested buds and seems like I harvested maybe bit early, as almost all trichomes seem to be clear coloured, not cloudy, BUT- as I'm mostly in "high" then "stoned", it's fine with me! :)

blog_053.jpg
blog_052.jpg
blog_051.jpg

Nice harvest there kovacs, those pictures are nice, i have one of those little 60x microscopes and there awesome i dont even use my phone just my eyes lol.

IMHO trichomes are a preference thing, some people like clear-cloudy some just cloudy some cloudy-amber and some just amber, its just personal choice really and the best way is to just do smoke tests for the last week or 2.

cant wait to here your smoke report as i will have some cindy soon.

:goodjob:

Ok, did smoke test.. actually twice! :)

My only comments are- this s*it is strong... and I like it! :tokin:

Altough I have been stoned that much before (accident with cookies :) ) , but this was bit different- very "head high", bit stoned, pure joy and happiness. VERY trippy! I really enjoyed those two trips and they were something like 5-6 hours, not usual 3-4, so it's better to plan ahead and start early! :)

To summarize- I'm very happy with the results and I'm positive that I'll be growing "Cindies" in the future again... after I'll try my White Widow x Big bud and ICED grapefruit seeds, of course! :)

ps. cant wait to get my hands on some edibles from those plants!

pps. anyone knows how to move this journal to "completed" section?

Nice harvest there kovacs, those pictures are nice, i have one of those little 60x microscopes and there awesome i dont even use my phone just my eyes lol.

IMHO trichomes are a preference thing, some people like clear-cloudy some just cloudy some cloudy-amber and some just amber, its just personal choice really and the best way is to just do smoke tests for the last week or 2.

cant wait to here your smoke report as i will have some cindy soon.

:goodjob:

Yeah, I also tried using eyes and it's definitely easier, but... eyes won't make pictures for grow journal! ;)

Kovacs - great journal. I've learned a lot from this which as a beginner I need to learn as much as I can. How long did you veg the c99? I only have about 13 weeks from planting until I need to have the harvest dried and my grow space cleaned up. So I was thinking of vegging for only 3-4 weeks. Also, did you find c99 fairly easy to grow?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

Kovacs - great journal. I've learned a lot from this which as a beginner I need to learn as much as I can. How long did you veg the c99? I only have about 13 weeks from planting until I need to have the harvest dried and my grow space cleaned up. So I was thinking of vegging for only 3-4 weeks. Also, did you find c99 fairly easy to grow?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

Hi, bizzybody! :)

Veg was 45 days (e.g. 6.5 weeks) from seedling + 3-4 days for germination, and total with flowering was 13 weeks + 2 weeks drying, before putting into jars. Still, don't forget- you can dry almost anywhere, where it's dark and dry!

Also I'm 99% positive, I could have started flowering earlier, after only 3-4 weeks instead of 6.5, although I'm not sure how much it would have impacted final yield. Still- after flowering started, there was lots of growth and I did lot's of trimming, so probably shorter veg would have been sufficient also.

IMO growing c99 was quite easy and imo it really excels at scrog, as leaf/branch ratio is amazing. Only problems I had was some nute deficiencies (as I've always followed "less is better, then too much" principle), but they mostly fixed by themselves when added a bit more nutes.

Hope this help! :)

Care doing journal or posting grow pictures here, also? ;)

Thanks bud. That's quite helpful. I think I might be able to add time to my grow calendar on the front end if I tweak a couple of things, so I might be able to go 4 - 5 weeks. I really liked your scrog setup. I was thinking about fim'ing and usng LST to try and achieve a similar result, but I may reconsider that and see if I could mirror your setup. I had read where I think you were having problem with magnesium(?). I'll be on guard for that as well because I was planning on following the less is better principle too. Everything I've read seems to indicate that people show too much love for the plants, so I could see myself falling into that easy trap.

What are your thoughts about lighting on this strain? I was thinking about cfl's originally since this is my first, but I don't know if I should go with something a bit more powerful for this.

As I said before, your grow journal was very well laid out. Everything made tons of sense, and as a nubie, I really appreciate that!

Keep up the great work!

yes, some form of LST/fimming I believe is almost must-have for scrog.

cfl's are great for small spaces / stealthy setup's, low heat. But if this is of no concern for you, you should go for something bit more "serious" imo. My experience with LED's was that there was some led burn in the middle of grow cabinet (see white tip's in some pictures) and it's not good, because it stalls growth! Meantime more away from the center it seemed that it would be ok to have bit more light.

CFL's imo allows to build more uniform light setup or You could try and find led's that have like 3x3 setup but without the middle element (e.g. total 8 blocks)

Also CFL's are cheaper initially, but led's are more efficient, so in the long run LED's are more cost effective. So IMO for one time / first grow CFL's would be easier / cheaper. Before acquiring LED's I did 3 CFL grows. When I switched I'd expect that LED's will produce less heat than CFL, but it was not the case.

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks again my friend. My 1st grow is scheduled for mid August. I'll be submitting a journal, and I hope you will take a look at it periodically.

Best of luck!

Bizzy

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I'm moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom