C99 - Soil - SCROG - Hopefully

Day 25 (3-Dec):

blog_031.jpg

yummm:)

trimming too much and too early slows them dowm and main buds wont get as big. i only trim 1/4 to 1/3 and MORE OFFTEN LESS THEN THAT only after the strain is just past 1/2 way thru flowering. never ever ever before then. i do take off all yellowing leaf and any unhealthy looking. but the leaf is your main production factorys to your buds. when you take them off the plants do stress. as you go up the plants from main leaf to flowering leaf. each section of the plant has diferent production.[VERY LITTLE OUT THERE IS SAID ON THIS SUBJECT AND IT SHOULD BE SHARED] WHEN YOU TAKE A MAIN PRODUCTION LEAF OFF.the plant knows this and the next up leaf sets all try to produce what the other one was doing. each leaf section does different things in the production of wanting to make seed. you may get a slightly bigger yeild useing scrog or treless methods when trimming but the bud size and tastse and high wont be maxed. i know if ya leave them alone dont do what the dispensory growers do. your stuff will be bigger, sweeter, and way stonyer then anything you have smoked before.
i can write tons of stuff on what the industry says about trimming. [all bullshit] sog and scrog are methods that dont need trimming at all. each time you trim a leaf you slow down on average 10% to 30%[depending on strain]
of all the other leafs production while the plant replaces it's needs . it will switch to the next set about the same height. it will try to do it on all sets at the heights you trim to he next height. that is several leafs switching and that slows them down. ONLY TRIM WHEN YOU HAVE TO.if one plaant has a leaf covering another plants main top then trim the one leaf. so the other top gets as much light as posible.
REMEBER
S.O.G. AND S.C.R.O.G.
THOOSE METHODS DO WHAT ?
INCREESE BUD PRODUCTION AND SIZE PER PLANT .[no trimming required]
triming is when ya take a main top[to use for clones] and it forces the plant to bush out[which ya will tie up or treless]
this is what Ed told me long time ago i met him [mr. rosenthal :)] and it has proven true over and over.
and this is a scientific fact.
bud size[fruit] and yeild are in direct proportion to stem weight capabilities for a plant[strain] to produce.
it is genetic. so when triming or topping you increse the the number of buds but not the size,potency. of the plant. inless you sog/scog or treless the plant as it cannot support the weight so now you must supplement its abilities.
please dont think i am picking on you. this is for everyone. with the right lighting and in the right places with the right system[that being what you like best] you can max bud size in a very small space and have candy of the gods smoke. most of whats out there is just confusing. and alot of us gurus of the canabis stopped shareing all the real easy as fuck secrets to growing the best shit. there are idiots out there who have gotten some fame and fucked it all up.i am in socal
we have the best shit in the world.
my lil co op of friends. all like diferent kinds.
hate when i run out between harvests.
with over 5000 growers and hundreds of dispensorys.
they cant find better then my shit.
it blows all the top shelf away.
even my trim at harvest is highly sought after.
when most people ask me do i trim my plants
i say "why would i want to fuck up my plants"
look at all the diferent web sites out there with pics and the bottom half of thier plants are empty.
i regenerate my plants after the first harvest. for a second and sometimes a 3rd harvest. i never go past 3 regens and only take clones off my sides mid way thru veg. it is the big tops we are all after. and most of us have space issues. you should always have clones going from your favorites and dont clone more then 6 generations off a mother. grow a new batch of seed.

Hi, gairbud!

thanks for sharing! You should make your own grow journal, as imo it would be the best way to "convert", instead of only prophesying. ;)

my $0.02 about leafs is something like this- leaf are useful to growth only if there is light shining on them as only then there is photosynthesis going on (reason why plant mostly needs leafs). And because of that I'm highly doubtful whether plant actually needs leaf's that are under canopy and don't get light almost at all. Pluss i'm sure it depends on strain, as there are strains like C99, which have extra many leaf's and those, that have not that much.

Still- I agree, that most likely removing lot's of leaf's in single time will propably stunt plant.

which journal lol .. i am posting pics as i go for the new stuff. as i like this site best and no longer post anywhere else. but i have a few pics from various grows in my gallery.. a diferent strains and diferent labs i use. just teaser stuff really. but most of the basic info is in my profile and posts but the intire log is huge and the book is even bigger with all its notes and tests. so i decided to just do a new one from start to finish and post as i and the plants go. so anyone out there can see the whole process from dry seed to dry manicured buds.
including the build of the system from the start to the ferts , ph ect ect. new seed ect i have it all in a word format with pics ect. the entire process and day to every few days recorded progress and i am doing it for many reasons for my own fun and the knowledge shared for others pleasure and helps. so i am on the site more then i used to be and now a member instead of a guest.. there is alot of new people growing out there much to my delight. and way more advice then a library can hold. so the entire process from building the system to buying the seeds from start to finish cureing drying and trimming. ect and also a log of testers will be included and a log from the patients as well. so for now just day to every few days pic progress and what is done if anything and my happy notes.

Day 41 (20-Dec) update: Everything seems more or less ok. Got some minor light bleach, moved light bit up, hard to tell whether it helped.

blog_037.jpg

Light bleach (very hard to make good picture as without led there's too little light and using flash will make all too bright):

blog_038.jpg

wow looking great i actually just built my scrog screen very nice grow cant wait to see more.

thx! Judging from current results i'm pretty sure i'm not going back to "traditional" growing, scrog is so much more fun, only bit more challenging, but yield seems to be like 3-5x times more, than on my previous grows! :)

sog scrog and sow gardens produce alot more. and some plants just love it. tie the weight off the stems and they really get big.

Kovacs,

I'm doing my first scrog. Did you do any topping, pinching, fiming, etc? Or just some fan leaf removal. This is looking great by the way

Thanks for good words! :)

Yes, I did fim'ing, but it's hard to tell whether it succeeded or just worked as topping. :) Imo with scrog you either have to do LST or topping or else you'll have hard time fighting main cola stretch in order to keep scrog uniform + i would guess that there are strains better suited for scrog and not as much, because C99 is branching like crazy.

imo what i could have done bit different is to use 2gal pots instead of ~1.25gal, because there are LOTS of roots at the bottom and from my understanding it's what's limiting plant growth a bit. :)

Back
Top Bottom