C99 x Blueberry Fast: Pheno Hunting & Comparison Grow Featuring Alaskan Purple

Hey all, I have a quick question and I certainly am not trying to call anybody out here because I am guilty too.

The agreement to be in the sponsored grow was that we must pop the seeds right away and we were supposed to pop them all for the pheno hunt part of the grow. I'm guilty of waiting longer myself (Even though I already got the first three seeds, I ordered 3 more so I could do a proper pheno hunt. So now I am waiting longer to pop my seeds as I wait for my order to get here ). I see many folks are not planning on dropping all of their seeds at the same time, but are only doing one or two. Some folks seem to have misjudged the availability of grow space and are now forced to wait a while to pop their seeds.

How can we do a proper comparative grow if we aren't all coordinated on the same timetable? How can we achieve a proper pheno hunt if we are not popping all of our seeds at the same time? I only bring this up because I am a little concerned that we are not doing right by Seedsman. Sorry if I sound like a party pooper, I just dont want to close Seedsman's mind to sponsoring future grows. Has this occurred to anybody else? Is anybody else concerned that we aren't gonna be able to provide seedsman with valuable data? I look forward to hearing any thoughts.
I do agree with you. But theres also the fact that @SeedsMan decided to deviate from the plan themselves and only sent 3 instead of 5 and decided to give another strain to test and advertise.
Personally ive dropped all of em and have 2x c99 above ground and im waiting for the third along with both alaskan purples.

One on the left is definitely looking worse for where though... they got waaay to dry :( think ive fucked up the rest of em :s lol
20190322_172128.jpg
20190322_172123.jpg

One on the left is definitely looking worse for where though... they got waaay to dry :( think ive fucked up the rest of em :s lol
20190322_172128.jpg
20190322_172123.jpg
Those are some shriveled looking pots....can't you leave like an inch of water in that tray at this stage? Seems like the pots would wick it up.

Those are some shriveled looking pots....can't you leave like an inch of water in that tray at this stage?
Nope. Bought the new propagator put em in and didnt release there were a butt load of drainage holes in the bottom thats why they dried out unexpectadly. Who the F puts holes in the bottom of a humidity sealing dome lol.

Yeah, that doesn't make a lot of sense
Right! Hence why i didnt notice them cos i werent fricking looking for em haha. Had a heater underneath aswell so when i got back the middle lot were like biscuits but the edge ones were still soaked! Gonna chalk these up as a loss i think. Get more going in a couple weeks when the big room gets flipped. Im too pissed off to drop anything else right now

Hey all, I have a quick question and I certainly am not trying to call anybody out here because I am guilty too.

The agreement to be in the sponsored grow was that we must pop the seeds right away and we were supposed to pop them all for the pheno hunt part of the grow. I'm guilty of waiting longer myself (Even though I already got the first three seeds, I ordered 3 more so I could do a proper pheno hunt. So now I am waiting longer to pop my seeds as I wait for my order to get here ). I see many folks are not planning on dropping all of their seeds at the same time, but are only doing one or two. Some folks seem to have misjudged the availability of grow space and are now forced to wait a while to pop their seeds.

How can we do a proper comparative grow if we aren't all coordinated on the same timetable? How can we achieve a proper pheno hunt if we are not popping all of our seeds at the same time? I only bring this up because I am a little concerned that we are not doing right by Seedsman. Sorry if I sound like a party pooper, I just dont want to close Seedsman's mind to sponsoring future grows. Has this occurred to anybody else? Is anybody else concerned that we aren't gonna be able to provide seedsman with valuable data? I look forward to hearing any thoughts.
While I am not part of this group grow just merely watching from afar, I had inquired about joining in the beginning as I had some suspicion not everyone, or even the majority it seems like, have popped ALL of their seeds upon getting them. I also agree this isn’t fair to Seedsman, and not trying to stir the pot at all but feel this should be discussed rather as it was not the initial agreement to receive the seeds and @Bilbobudkin420 did also have a good point about not all the seeds being what was as planned, I think this should be a interesting discussion. Not a fast but my c99 is loving life right now! Stay twisted everyone!

So... my opinion on the drop date/number of seeds dropped topic...

From what I have seen through the last few group grows; the drop date rarely ever lines up with expectation. But, it's cool though... the gals that pop up first, lead the way and help the later girls by giving a little foresight into growth trends. Obviously, dropping beans a month + apart would be a little bit much, but I think we're all staying pretty tight.

I tried a group grow once that had really stringent regs on how to grow, or when to drop. I think we started with around 25 growers and finished with like 6. People dropped out left & right after getting shit about how they grow. The idea behind these grows is to see the growth patterns in each individual environment.

Just my 2 cents...

Off to coach my girls softball team at their first game of the season...
:snowboating:

From what I have seen through the last few group grows; the drop date rarely ever lines up with expectation. But, it's cool though... the gals that pop up first, lead the way and help the later girls by giving a little foresight into growth trends. Obviously, dropping beans a month + apart would be a little bit much, but I think we're all staying pretty tight.

I tried a group grow once that had really stringent regs on how to grow, or when to drop. I think we started with around 25 growers and finished with like 6. People dropped out left & right after getting shit about how they grow. The idea behind these grows is to see the growth patterns in each individual environment.

Just my 2 cents...

Good luck on the game P!!!

Just my 2 cents...

That’s cool I can respect that, I’ve never been a part of one that’s why I threw the question out for debate. I can see the reason to leave it more of a no guidelines type of deal with the exception as you brought up to try to keep the drop dates as close as possible, obviously it’d be awesome to be able to have everyone drop on the same day but we know that would be a rare occasion

It would be near impossible to get a large group of growers to drop the same day. I think this comparative is going to work out just fine!! What difference would it really make if everyone dropped the same day or a few days apart? As long as its not months apart I believe it will be fine!! Just my 2cents.

20190322_172128.jpg
20190322_172123.jpg

Holly Crap!!!!!!

I thought Blurple was bad but dayyymmmmmm

I feel I stirred the pot more than intended. Lol
Better to get it out there early and deal with it....but I think it is generally a non-issue. @SeedsMan wins no matter what in these types of grows, and we as participants are more than happy to be part of that process. The trick is to keep it positive...shit happens, and you gotta roll with it. I've dropped all 3x of my C99, but they'll be finishing in the Fall...not so fast, huh? But still valuable to @SeedsMan and anyone else looking to grow these bitches in the future. I was in the comp grow mentioned that was a fail (imo) because the vibe sucked....so I bailed...that and the fact I had 0% germ rate on the genetics. :laugh:

So I suggest we move on and get growing....

:peace:

Better to get it out there early and deal with it....but I think it is generally a non-issue. @SeedsMan wins no matter what in these types of grows, and we as participants are more than happy to be part of that process. The trick is to keep it positive...shit happens, and you gotta roll with it. I've dropped all 3x of my C99, but they'll be finishing in the Fall...not so fast, huh? But that is valuable to @SeedsMan and anyone else looking to grow these bitches in the future. I was in the comp grow mentioned that was a fail (imo) because the vibe sucked....so I bailed...that and the fact I had 0% germ rate on the genetics. :laugh:

So I suggest we move on and get growing....

:peace:
Well said mate

Back
Top Bottom