CA: Cannabis Fair Moved To Redding's Holiday Inn After Fairground Cancels Contract

Ron Strider

The Hemp & Cannabis Fair has moved to Holiday Inn in Redding, after the Shasta District Fair grounds cancelled its contract for undisclosed reasons.

The two-day event, set for this weekend, is expected to bring in more than 1,000 people, said event director Naomi Forkash.

On Wednesday, the 27th District Agricultural Association Friends of Shasta notified Forkash that they could no longer hold the event at their venue in Anderson.

"They cited that they were not aware it was a cannabis fair," Forkash said.

Forkash said they had been advertising the event for weeks, clearly stating it was a hemp and cannabis fair. They contracted with the fairgrounds under their parent company name of THC Fair and the contract clearly mentions cannabis, Forkash said.

Kerby Spencer, chief executive officer of the Shasta District Fairgrounds, did not give any details as to why the 27th DAA Friends of Shasta terminated the contract, but did mention it was an issue with their promotion.

"All I can say is there is no information to be given," Spencer said about the group's decision.

Forkash argues that she had fully disclosed what the fair was about.

"I was super transparent with every conversation I've had with them," she said. She said she doesn't understand why they would enter into a contract in the first place without knowing it was a cannabis event, she said.

They'll now hold the event at Redding's Holiday Inn, which they secured Thursday morning.

"We're very grateful we have a venue," Forkash said. "I don't believe we'll go back to the fairgrounds, ever."

The event doesn't allow for smoking or consumption of marijuana and is restricted to people 21 and over, and for 18 and over if they have a medical recommendation.

The two-day event will be held July 15 and July 16 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on both days.

Shasta_Trade_Fair_-_THC_Fair.png

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Cannabis fair moved to Redding after fairground cancels contract
Author: Amber Sandhu
Photo Credit: THC Fair

Back
Top Bottom