CA215's 1st Indoor Grow Tent 600W HPS & MH 48X48X78

How many plants should be in my grow tent? (48"x48"x78")

• 1-2

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • 3-4

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • 5-6

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • 7-8

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Shouldnt have put 5 options ;(

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey CA, beautiful plants and the Bog seeds to come up quick, I like that. I would really look into the 15 gallon range for a complete outdoor grow. I am really interested as to what the roots look like on my girls when they get the chop. Bigger is better, Peace OG.

MCL! HAH. I tried to even transplant one a little bit ago but got quite lucky.. this girl almost didn't make it, I hate these bags.. Might have been better if I double bagged them like I did the plushberry earlier in the grows. I decided to transplant the one Unknown seed that had no lst. Got her into a 5 gallon bucket for the time being, if need be I could always set these girls to flower indoor if any problems arouse. I will be looking for something of this sort as you speak of mcl, might go hit up the local saver stores and see if they have anything that can be mcgyvered of will fit my needs.. Starting to plan some girls for the ground. I might have some space at a different location that can be equipped for a nice, tall, fat monster.. getting over to check on her might be a little on the difficult side of things. Might make this work more info on that subject later.. I decided to pull the rascal out to examine her roots, damn weed! HUGE! The 5 gal did not look too jam packed aswell, could have easily went another month and a half I would say by the looks of it, but tons of nice thick sturdy mofos.. I can see this is going to be fun, I get enjoyment at even checking their roots.. Man I love this! Why the f*** would this be illegal around other parts? Incompetance to come to terms with a damn plant I tell you.. Man this rascal gets me loaded.. very very pleased with my first indoor grow, plenty of improvement and I grew myself some pretty fine smoke, what more could I ask for? And not to mention the cool crew we have around here, everyone shares the same passion it's so great.. anyways no more rambling HAH journal might consist of a lot of this due to the rascal harvest hahahha.. :laughtwo: OG! Man can't wait to see some progress on yours and mine alike.. Should be pretty cool.. get some good notes going on these genetics as we have a hole of another 10! Really hoping to see atleast one male action with the WW or BD seedlings.. Would be a nice to have a good 100+ seeds on stock lying around :bitingnails: If you infect a Feminized cannabis plant with male pollen will you in return have yourself Feminized seeds? I really need to begin my research into this... when to infect your females, how long till the seeds are matured, if there is a certain time frame you need to shoot for to harvest them. Really interested in crossing some plants and in return gaining some beans for years down the road. Alright, some pictures, i'm still rambling.. here's some of big besty and her weird buds.. super frosty!! Man, shit picture upload, my bad all
IMG_20969.jpg
IMG_20947.jpg
IMG_20937.jpg
IMG_209510.jpg
IMG_20909.jpg
IMG_20925.jpg
Next is going to be the seedlings..
IMG_20869.jpg
IMG_208310.jpg
IMG_20845.jpg
IMG_20827.jpg
IMG_20815.jpg
IMG_207810.jpg
IMG_208010.jpg
IMG_20797.jpg
IMG_20775.jpg
IMG_20888.jpg
Next will be the rascal
IMG_206911.jpg
IMG_207010.jpg
IMG_20718.jpg
IMG_20748.jpg
IMG_207211.jpg
Should I be removing the rockwool cubes when you plant them?
IMG_20759.jpg
IMG_20767.jpg
IMG_209811.jpg
IMG_21029.jpg
IMG_21038.jpg
IMG_21056.jpg
And here is what the tent is running at for the drying room.. don't really like the fluctuation but it will have to do, have no where else to dry. Buds are drying a little too quick, but, again this will have to suffice :peace:, CA215. Have a good one ya'll.

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bravo:

You did great with the Rascal. And I know what you mean about allergies, caught the flu on Sunday and didn't even look at my room for two days. Just getting back to your journal and it's nice to watch others enjoy the miracle of life. I used to love driving the tractor thru the vineyard dusting with sulfur, and as the day go by, watching your crop start, grow, mature and harvest. Lots of work but well worth it.

Again, congrates. :goodjob:

Thank you very much skunk, likewise, glad to see others enjoying the little personal grow! I swear as I get older my allergies are getting more debilitating.. Never really bothered me too much. Might be the new house aswell. One could wonder. Like you said, it is a lot of work but in the end, totally worth it.. Loving this homegrown, hoping to stay self sufficient for my meds, hope you accomplish the same with your new room skunk! Again, it is much anticipated over here, can't wait to see what has been going on over there! Hope all's well, much love. :peace: CA215 time to go burn some rascal OG with the girl:Namaste:

Congrats on the Rascal! You need to leave the rockwool there, you can't really get out of it because the roots grow thru it. I asked that months ago because someone was helping me and tried to break it off, damaging the roots (one was the 12" dwarfed plant).

So was the rascal hermie or was that another one?

What was the yield?

I've go about 65% of my 1st grow drying right now. Ran out of room on that 6 tier drying rack so I ran some fishing string in the clone closet and filled 5 lines so far.

I'm not sure how I like the drying rack vs hanging.

Q. are you drying in dark? I wasn't at 1st, but made a dark room on someone's suggestion. My RH is about 45% in the rack.

Way to go CA! That rascal would be totally awesome!

It is quite nice, smoking something you grew. Way better than knowingly burning away 55$ I spent on the eigth in a day from the club ya know? Stuff gets EXPENSIVE! Now to start planning the next indoor sess :Namaste:

Congrats on the Rascal! You need to leave the rockwool there, you can't really get out of it because the roots grow thru it. I asked that months ago because someone was helping me and tried to break it off, damaging the roots (one was the 12" dwarfed plant).

What was the yield?

I've go about 65% of my 1st grow drying right now. Ran out of room on that 6 tier drying rack so I ran some fishing string in the clone closet and filled 5 lines so far.

Q. are you drying in dark? I wasn't at 1st, but made a dark room on someone's suggestion. My RH is about 45% in the rack.

Ok I figured I was supposed to leave it, seemed right to be didn't want to damage anything. The rascal was a hermie as well. I can grind up a good gram in my grinder and once poured out to start rollin, all the leftover stuff sitting on the table you can actually pick out these little small specs that were hermie seeds in progress. Glad I pulled her when I did. I think she was mainly working on her seeds now instead of buds so hopefully it was a good decision on my part to actually pull some meds from this. I really don't like weighing wet weigth, after trimming everything to my standards by that time i'm beat. I set everything back in the drying racks to dry out abit. The rascal is drying in the darkness, I keep the 8X4 tent closed throughout the day and when im wanting to start check I'll go in during the night time to keep it dark. I heard thc degrades in the light so I try to keep it dark 24/7. The tent is sitting at a 45% rH like yours, fluctuates between 70-80ish Fahrenheit. My shit is drying out way too quick though this is a problem.. Might have to start jarring up all the smaller stuff and give the bigger nugs another day to thoroughly dry.. These buds smell amazing though really proud about that. You getting some nice aroma on them rascals of your KJ? I need to make a stop by your thread haven't been by in awhile, busybusy. Hope all is well with ya'll, keep your gardens on point! :peace: -CA215

The smell on the Rascal really came in the last few days. I don't know how fast they are drying, but I got a bunch of jars at the ready. I got all sizes, gallons, 1/2 gallons, pints, etc...

I'm mostly concerned with mold developing during the drying because all the smells, it's hard to tell whet's going on.

I have about 1/3 in the rack and 1/3 in the clone closet and about 1/3 still uncut.

I'll be posting more pics soon, the trimming took longer than I thought, so I've been busy with that. No clue on the yield, but I'm hoping for between 3 and 4 lbs. Other guy said 1 lbs is larger than a foot ball, so I think I might get there. He also said the quality was top shelf on the samples pulled last week.

I have 1 more full size plant in 24 hour darkness ready for cut down today.

MCL! HAH. I tried to even transplant one a little bit ago but got quite lucky.. this girl almost didn't make it, I hate these bags.. Might have been better if I double bagged them like I did the plushberry earlier in the grows. I decided to transplant the one Unknown seed that had no lst. Got her into a 5 gallon bucket for the time being, if need be I could always set these girls to flower indoor if any problems arouse. I will be looking for something of this sort as you speak of mcl, might go hit up the local saver stores and see if they have anything that can be mcgyvered of will fit my needs.. Starting to plan some girls for the ground. I might have some space at a different location that can be equipped for a nice, tall, fat monster.. getting over to check on her might be a little on the difficult side of things. Might make this work more info on that subject later.. I decided to pull the rascal out to examine her roots, damn weed! HUGE! The 5 gal did not look too jam packed aswell, could have easily went another month and a half I would say by the looks of it, but tons of nice thick sturdy mofos.. I can see this is going to be fun, I get enjoyment at even checking their roots.. Man I love this! Why the f*** would this be illegal around other parts? Incompetance to come to terms with a damn plant I tell you.. Man this rascal gets me loaded.. very very pleased with my first indoor grow, plenty of improvement and I grew myself some pretty fine smoke, what more could I ask for? And not to mention the cool crew we have around here, everyone shares the same passion it's so great.. anyways no more rambling HAH journal might consist of a lot of this due to the rascal harvest hahahha.. :laughtwo: OG! Man can't wait to see some progress on yours and mine alike.. Should be pretty cool.. get some good notes going on these genetics as we have a hole of another 10! Really hoping to see atleast one male action with the WW or BD seedlings.. Would be a nice to have a good 100+ seeds on stock lying around :bitingnails: If you infect a Feminized cannabis plant with male pollen will you in return have yourself Feminized seeds? I really need to begin my research into this... when to infect your females, how long till the seeds are matured, if there is a certain time frame you need to shoot for to harvest them. Really interested in crossing some plants and in return gaining some beans for years down the road. Alright, some pictures, i'm still rambling.. here's some of big besty and her weird buds.. super frosty!! Man, shit picture upload, my bad all
IMG_20969.jpg
IMG_20947.jpg
IMG_20937.jpg
IMG_209510.jpg
IMG_20909.jpg
IMG_20925.jpg
Next is going to be the seedlings..
IMG_20869.jpg
IMG_208310.jpg
IMG_20845.jpg
IMG_20827.jpg
IMG_20815.jpg
IMG_207810.jpg
IMG_208010.jpg
IMG_20797.jpg
IMG_20775.jpg
IMG_20888.jpg
Next will be the rascal
IMG_206911.jpg
IMG_207010.jpg
IMG_20718.jpg
IMG_20748.jpg
IMG_207211.jpg
Should I be removing the rockwool cubes when you plant them?
IMG_20759.jpg
IMG_20767.jpg
IMG_209811.jpg
IMG_21029.jpg
IMG_21038.jpg
IMG_21056.jpg
And here is what the tent is running at for the drying room.. don't really like the fluctuation but it will have to do, have no where else to dry. Buds are drying a little too quick, but, again this will have to suffice :peace:, CA215. Have a good one ya'll.

Beautiful stuff there CA, gotta get me a drying rack like that. As for the feminized plant producing feminized seeds not a 100% sure but when reading on Sugar Punch the only draw back the breeder noted was if pollinated she would only produce female seeds, not sure why. But from that I take it it would be a breed and see, almost like crossing an autoflower with a regular male you would have to grow the seeds to find that trait and then either breed those or back cross them and see what those seeds are like, takes a bit but you can eventually get it to what you want and indoor it can go a little quicker, Peace OG. BTW Sugar Punch and the PPK are in the dark as of about 15 minutes ago, couldn't take Shack and the Blueberry down when they aren't ready yet.

Beautiful stuff there CA, gotta get me a drying rack like that. As for the feminized plant producing feminized seeds not a 100% sure but when reading on Sugar Punch the only draw back the breeder noted was if pollinated she would only produce female seeds, not sure why. But from that I take it it would be a breed and see, almost like crossing an autoflower with a regular male you would have to grow the seeds to find that trait and then either breed those or back cross them and see what those seeds are like, takes a bit but you can eventually get it to what you want and indoor it can go a little quicker, Peace OG. BTW Sugar Punch and the PPK are in the dark as of about 15 minutes ago, couldn't take Shack and the Blueberry down when they aren't ready yet.

TBH, I really don't see an advantage to the drying rack. I'm using one and filled it up pretty quick. I bought some fishing string and started hanging to dry and the hanging is a bit more work, but I can't see any real advantage to the drying rack over hanging. JMO...

The rack was cheap like 40 bucks, The main thing I like about it is the convenience of it.. It folds back up into a, idk, 6x6" circle, it can throw it back in my closet, takes up next to no space. I can see the disadvantage would be minor flatness on one side of the nug, I've been rotating them in the morning and night to try to avoid this abit (we could have them hang first for a day or two then lay them out, more work though). I think the racks are for lazy people, if I can get around making cardboard boxes with hemp string i'm all for it personally. I also have the fan on low right underneath it which keeps great circulation (maybe a little too much though, getting dry quick).I guess it all boils down to me starting to experiment with breeding cannabis, im really sketched out on bringing in male pollen to the house.. I don't think I would be able to leave the house open at all, right? This might be harder than I thought lol... Fingers crossed for a male WW or BD though regardless.. we can always freeze the dang pollen, Would be great to mix either pollen with say the BOG strains. :bitingnails:
IMG_21284.jpg

IMG_21299.jpg

Some eggs I found in the lower parts of Big Betsy.. Shes getting sprayed tonight, Monterey insecticide/miticide
IMG_21345.jpg

And some others of her little nugs, SO FROSTY! sad to say but this girl is way stickier than any of the indoor girls
IMG_21366.jpg

IMG_21306.jpg

This morning
IMG_21116.jpg

About 8 hours later
IMG_21136.jpg

Some fim I might have yucked
IMG_21096.jpg

And the remainder of the pictures, unkown, 2 white widows and a blue dream
IMG_21278.jpg

IMG_21248.jpg

IMG_21253.jpg

IMG_21266.jpg

IMG_21236.jpg

IMG_21195.jpg

IMG_21184.jpg

IMG_21225.jpg

IMG_21204.jpg

IMG_21175.jpg

IMG_21166.jpg

Just jarred up some more rascal, feels quite dry but stilla little moist. Letting the nugs re distribute the moisture and 1 more day on the racks, should be ready for curing and smoking :ganjamon: blessings :peace:, CA215

Sounds good brotha & thanks for the reps there, looking into some beans online aswell. Might get me a couple packs of regs. Do you have any strains in mind you would like to try, specific breeder? specific strain? I'm bouncing from breeder to breeder but cant pick... Trying to find some nice pre 98 bubba or some old school OG kush for some mixing purposes.

Sounds good brotha & thanks for the reps there, looking into some beans online aswell. Might get me a couple packs of regs. Do you have any strains in mind you would like to try, specific breeder? specific strain? I'm bouncing from breeder to breeder but cant pick... Trying to find some nice pre 98 bubba or some old school OG kush for some mixing purposes.

Look at Sannies there are a few breeders al offer regular seeds, to be honest I may not buy seeds anywhere else these girls had a rough start pushed through and are flowering for days, Got a little bud off the Blueberry today sampling right now, I know she needs a bit longer but all is good her and Shack can go for a bit I think they are mainly clear to cloudy trichs, He has some solid lines and breeders that work with him, his gear is what it says and I am good with that, Peace OG.

How's the drying process going?

After just a few days, I can tell a HUGE difference in the weight. I tried to break a few branches, but they don't snap yet.

I was wondering if they are drying too fast.

My RH is in the 45/50 range and it's just been maybe 4 or 5 days for the 1st batch. I think it was Wednesday.

I was really blown away at how light these got, larger buds are very light.

I know it's supposed to be 70% water weight, but dammm!

How would I slow down the drying process? Maybe put them in canning jars for few hours at a time?

KJ, dude I feel ya... I was feeling a little played once I started seeing what weight I was actually looking at.. :laugh: I've already been jarring up my rascal bro, they were big nugs but they are considerably smaller.. that 79 degrees was not doing my buds justice what so ever.... All my rascal is getting burped now, every 4-8 hours, sometimes even more because im already smoking on these meds, no need to spend my cash when I can smoke this. It isn't cured but smoked very well. Doesn't not burn or make you cough, the taste is a little off though.. Probably wont even be able to conserve it until its full cure potential :blunt: next door neighbors are liking the smell i'll tell ya that, they wre just outside and I burned a fatttttty.. they kept walking by the fence it was attracting them lol.. some funny shit I get some good laughs with the rascal. I hope you enjoy yours KJ, I think they are drying perfect bro, compared to my shit you are doing perfect LOL. You could, this is what I did on the last day of drying, jarred all the nugs up half way in the jar and let it sit for an hour or two, feel the nugs, they should feel spongy again, the moisture should redistribute throughout the bud and will make for a better drying process, keep an eye on your buds tho they seem to dry really quick after you do this. I jarred them with some moisture a day after to keep that danky smell.. seemed to work pretty good. Now just staying strict with my burping and everything should be well :peace:

OG, Will give sannies a jot.. always sketched on the mailing stuff, makes me paranoid than a mofo! Lets know how that blueberry was? Tasty? What did the breeder say on those flowering times OG? I remember you saying you passed them right, 14 weeks if pushing it to the limits! They look/sound like thay can go for a FEW more weeks..... 17 weekers?! DAAAMMMMNNN :thedoubletake:

I started putting them in jars, got the 6 tier rack in jars (the rack was the 1st ones taken down) So I think they were up there about 5 days.

Filled 2 One gallon jars, 6 1/2 gallon jars, 2 Quart jars.

I had to cut out most of the stems and roll the jars around to get them to fit.

That's probably about 1/4 to 1/3 of the whole yield. I still have about 25~30% of the 1st grow in the flower room finishing up.

The rest is drying on 7 fishing lines in the clone closet.

Q. How full should the jars be before it's not good?

Q. pretty much all the stems should be mostly gone except the main colas, right? In order to make more fit, I'm cutting the nugs off the stems, this shouldn't hurt the drying/curing process should it.

I'm going to have to buy a bunch more jars, just gotta figure out how many more.

What was the yield?

Your drying environment is pretty good karl, one thing I take into consideration when drying is that the outer portion of the buds dry more quickly than the inside and the stick, if I think they are drying too quickly and un evenly I will jar em, let the moisture redistribute through the bud, and put em back out to dry....just me, and if I waited for the stem to snap my bud would be ruined!, or way less quality....just always keep in mind exactly what you're trying to accomplish , act on those ideas and you will be fine!

How's the drying process going?

After just a few days, I can tell a HUGE difference in the weight. I tried to break a few branches, but they don't snap yet.

I was wondering if they are drying too fast.

My RH is in the 45/50 range and it's just been maybe 4 or 5 days for the 1st batch. I think it was Wednesday.

I was really blown away at how light these got, larger buds are very light.

I know it's supposed to be 70% water weight, but dammm!

How would I slow down the drying process? Maybe put them in canning jars for few hours at a time?

Exactly Karl!

Back
Top Bottom