CA215's 2014 Outdoor Container Garden

I was thinking OGK as well. All the GDP I've grown looked nothing like the one your questioning. Anyway everything looks great buddy keep up the great work. :high-five:

Thanks for chiming in HMG :Namaste: I will keep this in mind, we are down to either or now so it's just a matter of time. I was checking both of their breeders expected finishing times and they are damn near even at about 60~ days, count down!! :party:

Loved the update man! Everything looks so good :cheer:

Glad you enjoyed it Les! Still have some more documentation on the plants but we will throw in this intermission. As I was watering the back a bit ago I was seeing groups of high flyers roaming the skies.. After a couple jumping attempts at trying to smack down some of the orange moths documented abit back in the journal, I was able to take down this smaller fella, one smack knock out! He was good for documentation until about half way through and he started flying around the house.. caught his happy arse and threw him back under the scope to get some finishing shots :laugh: He will not be traveling the skies any longer.. :rip:

6829.jpg
7670.jpg
5935.jpg
41175.jpg
31526.jpg
21718.jpg
12564.jpg

:tommy: Yeehaw

Very nice Update CA, interesting bug you got there... Was it eating your ladies??

Hey nice we talking about early pre flowering, guess what I found today, pistils on all of my plants. Guess flowering period got a head start here also. I will post some pics as soon as I have enough time, I also want to defol before my next update.

Ladies are hitting puberty :surf:

Take Care & Keep that garden Green Green

:high-five: I have been hunting high flyers daily, the big sobs are quick!!

Very nice Update CA, interesting bug you got there... Was it eating your ladies??

Hey nice we talking about early pre flowering, guess what I found today, pistils on all of my plants. Guess flowering period got a head start here also. I will post some pics as soon as I have enough time, I also want to defol before my next update.

Ladies are hitting puberty :surf:

Take Care & Keep that garden Green Green

Although I am not positive it was around the cannabis, they are close enough to migrate with a quickness to the cannabis. Trying not to allow any high flyers around my yard. I don't have the leisure of being outback to look through everything daily, so, I feel a bit better knockin' these buggers out of the sky to avoid later on heartbreak with infested meds.

I stopped by your page before hitting mine, left ya a comment brotha :Namaste: give the girls some time to stretch out and adjust to flowering, we are on our way!! :party:

I got out this morning and did a once over throughout each plant, quickly. Didn't see much for bugs, although all of my container plants seem to have acquired ant kingdoms in the root zones.. I am not seeing this as an issue at the moment, maybe when flowering time comes around I would like to avoid the ants crawling up into the buds and what not.. I may apply some sticky substance along the bottom portion of the main stalk to keep them from making their way up the tree! Will also be applying diatomaceous earth along the top soil.

I have been letting the cannabis dry out in their containers and have had a couple close calls with droopy girls, nothing some water didn't fix for the time being but I am concerned down the road if this continues to happen could results in less than acceptable yields, hermies, etc.

Although I didn't find much buggage to document, I did find this beast setting up shop at the screen door, I decided to remove him from that location as he could make his way into the house. I don't need any black widow bites, those are no fun.. so, after documentation he was put outside to turn into dust and keep the circle uh' turnin :rip:
12566.jpg

Look at that face though, looks like he is screaming bloody murder!
21720.jpg

5937.jpg

31528.jpg

In this shot below you can see he lost a leg during transit, clear goopygoop, wow insects are awesome.
41177.jpg

Will get some on topic cannabis shots here soon once these clouds dissipate & I have some nice sunshine :surf:
Stay vigilant brethren :joint: CA215

CA, letting your plants go to the just the point of drooping is ideal. We wish for containers to be dried out uniformly. It is said that when a plant goes through its alotted water more efficiently, this helps the "transpiration pull" of the plant which is responsible for pulling the water and nutrients up through the roots in addition to the osmotic pressure at the root zone.

It is said that when we develop this kind of personality in our ladies (letting them just slightly droop before watering), we have healthier plants with less plant problems and we see higher yields with bigger, denser, and more potent buds. I would say to continue this ideal routine which I did all of last year with all of my plants and it worked like a charm.

I originally learned this from James the Green when he journaled his gardens.

So don't sweat it! :thumb:

Damn brother those pictures are badass! :tommy:
:thanks:

CA, letting your plants go to the just the point of drooping is ideal. We wish for containers to be dried out uniformly. It is said that when a plant goes through its alotted water more efficiently, this helps the "transpiration pull" of the plant which is responsible for pulling the water and nutrients up through the roots in addition to the osmotic pressure at the root zone.

It is said that when we develop this kind of personality in our ladies (letting them just slightly droop before watering), we have healthier plants with less plant problems and we see higher yields with bigger, denser, and more potent buds. I would say to continue this ideal routine which I did all of last year with all of my plants and it worked like a charm.

I originally learned this from James the Green when he journaled his gardens.

So don't sweat it! :thumb:
Thanks for that info Les, definitely eased my nerves. Although I understand letting these girls just go right past the brink of drooping, I have let them go quite limp noodle without a drink, probably too much. After they are able to suck up and distribute through the thirsty leaves, their old growth looks completely beat to hell, really seeing this on the 3 biggest plants not so much the smaller stature group. It leaves the fan leaves in a lime green state with burnt serrated edges. (I am thinking they are hungry also)

I may start feeding the bigger girls with AN sensi A & B plus all the AN bottles to make sure they make it through the summer :joint:

YOU know thats Danger just by looking at it. Amazing shots CA, great material, you could start yourself a Bugstionary for Cannabis :thumb: Great job broda

It has been fun hunting bugs out back, I have caught a few high flyers and multiple fungus gnats, white flies, thrips, etc. Although.. I am dealing with ANTS! I am not really seeing this as an issue for the plants health so to say, I just don't want ant infested herb come chop time.

Here is my plan... I will give each plant a diatomaceous earth top dress and continue with SNS203 & 209 soil drenches to try and keep them under control.. Maybe some type of sticky substance on the main stalk..

Watering yesterday I stirred up a shit storm of ants, the flying ants decided to come out and go ape shit.. Really never seen anything like it.. Still up in the air if this is a good or bad thing..

Would the ants take on other insects in attempts protect their home?? Watching those damn flying ants I think they could have a good shot, probably not the worker ants, but those flying ants were creepy. Looks like I might have some ant research to get into, if you have dealt with anything like this, think it isn't an issue, or have any other ideas on possibly getting this under control, open to suggestions as always :Namaste:

Some shots, all the good ones were blurry.. trust me there are millions of ants in each pot. Argh.
105_0490.JPG
105_0491.JPG
105_0493.JPG
105_0494.JPG
105_0495.JPG
105_0496.JPG

As far as ants go, when I grew my 6 foots in the orange tree, there was many ants that would crawl through the orange tree. They would often come aboard my plant in decent numbers.

Many of them get stuck and die in the trichomes. They can be a nuisance later when having to pick them out. From those particular herbs I had found a few dead/dry ants in the curing jar once ( I didn't wash). So yeah they can be kind of annoying, just look for them and remove them with the ice pick (as tedious as it is) is about all you can do.

In other cases with growers growing directly into the ground (I think OG1969 had this problem), where ants had established a colony in the the root zone, and eventually it basically killed/hindered the plant. I wouldn't be worried about the latter. They just are annoying and won't severely damage your plants if they are in containers (IMO).

About the SNS-203/209 drenches. Becareful with your concentration, I believe I made mine a little too strong (super drench) and it burned some leaf tips, not sure if that was the granular ferts or the foliars or super drench.

May want to open up and pluck off a few fan leaves off that plant in the green pot.

Oh about the watering yeah, once they are actually drooping you really do not want to wait. What I ment was... by reading the personality of your girl you can see when she is JUST beginning to droop ever so slightly... this is when we get her water/food ready. Any time spent fully drooping is not good as you know. Anyway, it's just my way of having HER tell me when she's ready. Not for me to arbitrarily decide.

I got some KC-45 clones in the growing bags, I didn't fill them up all the way (trying to conserve soil), but so far so good. :)

A few more things before I'm done. You may want to remove some big wood chips just to check the first few inches of soil for signs of root aphids. With the organic soil like this, they love it. You will really begin to understand how the SNS-203 is like liquid gold.

Lastly, I would agree that some of your plants could use a good final dose of nitrogen to get them through the flowering transition.

Just some thoughts for you. Have a good Day CA :high-five:

Beside the fact that they are building nests in your root system, ants will protect aphids and let them suck your plants dry. Then the ants massage the aphids to extract honeydew. DE, Tanglefoot and a mixture of cinnamon and water used as a drench are good remedies. Boric acid on the ground around your containers will help keep them away, too.

Dropping some good vibes & love for u and your ladies broda. Hope everything is good on the west side.

Hows the ant situation going CA??

Have great sunday

Positive Vibrations

As far as ants go, when I grew my 6 foots in the orange tree, there was many ants that would crawl through the orange tree. They would often come aboard my plant in decent numbers.

Many of them get stuck and die in the trichomes. They can be a nuisance later when having to pick them out. From those particular herbs I had found a few dead/dry ants in the curing jar once ( I didn't wash). So yeah they can be kind of annoying, just look for them and remove them with the ice pick (as tedious as it is) is about all you can do.

In other cases with growers growing directly into the ground (I think OG1969 had this problem), where ants had established a colony in the the root zone, and eventually it basically killed/hindered the plant. I wouldn't be worried about the latter. They just are annoying and won't severely damage your plants if they are in containers (IMO).

About the SNS-203/209 drenches. Becareful with your concentration, I believe I made mine a little too strong (super drench) and it burned some leaf tips, not sure if that was the granular ferts or the foliars or super drench.

May want to open up and pluck off a few fan leaves off that plant in the green pot.

Oh about the watering yeah, once they are actually drooping you really do not want to wait. What I ment was... by reading the personality of your girl you can see when she is JUST beginning to droop ever so slightly... this is when we get her water/food ready. Any time spent fully drooping is not good as you know. Anyway, it's just my way of having HER tell me when she's ready. Not for me to arbitrarily decide.

I got some KC-45 clones in the growing bags, I didn't fill them up all the way (trying to conserve soil), but so far so good. :)

A few more things before I'm done. You may want to remove some big wood chips just to check the first few inches of soil for signs of root aphids. With the organic soil like this, they love it. You will really begin to understand how the SNS-203 is like liquid gold.

Lastly, I would agree that some of your plants could use a good final dose of nitrogen to get them through the flowering transition.

Just some thoughts for you. Have a good Day CA :high-five:

Been using the advice to my advantage no doubt and have stayed on top of drooping, applying a few more daily checks on the girls has seemed to help with juggling every container, can't get lazy over here & we were slacking off. Been picking leaves off the girls as well as ants that seem to want to hang out around pistil formations, But on a good note, it looks like the ant situation may be clearing up a bit with help from SNS & a neem oil spraying I applied on the bark/topsoil, or I just annoyed them and made them move out? Lol.

Throughout the week I went out and scratched my way through each pot and identified which plants had ants, some also had a minor soil infestation of, yep Les guessed it, thirps. Not only that I noticed a few fungus gnats and white flies. Removed the infected few from the tent to avoid any more spreading. Looks like my low doses of 203/209 were not enough. Couple days ago they all received a small flush of h20+sns209. After allowing them to dry a bit I decided to apply to each plant a hefty glug of sns203, splash of liquid karma, glug of microbe life humic acid & photosynthesis plus, with also the trustee 1tsp of dr. earth 10-3-1 & 0-8-1 guanos mixed in the 5 gal to dissolve.. I really need to make a flowering tea for the garden, this will be taken care of after this post yeehaw :Namaste: Thanks for the info & thoughts Les, much appreciated. Hope the coastal weather is doing your girls justice :surf:

Beside the fact that they are building nests in your root system, ants will protect aphids and let them suck your plants dry. Then the ants massage the aphids to extract honeydew. DE, Tanglefoot and a mixture of cinnamon and water used as a drench are good remedies. Boric acid on the ground around your containers will help keep them away, too.

DE will be my chore to get done today. Great info there for the sharing there MF thanks much. I will have to do some reading into cinnamon & its application into gardening, really all natural sources are something i'm quite interested in :Namaste:

Dropping some good vibes & love for u and your ladies broda. Hope everything is good on the west side.

Hows the ant situation going CA??

Have great sunday

Positive Vibrations
IRIE vibrations Danish! Everything has been great, weather has been hitting mid 90's, cloudy humid but it still feels great and the girls seem to be absolutely loving it, that and I assume the positive vibrations and community love going on has added benefits for the plants.. :tokin: Ants seem to have hit the high road as of now or are taking refuge down low in the containers.. Still seeing a few here and there on the plants but all is good for now, and a bit stoked on really only having a big issue with ants and nothing like mites :amen:

Hope everything is looking good in the garden today CA! :Namaste:
Everything is looking splendid, thanks for the drive by Wiz :tommy:
Here are some shots throughout the week with more text lol, bare with me. Hope you get a giggle er two :icon_roll
105_0610.JPG
105_0617.JPG
105_0528.JPG

correction OGK*
105_0590.JPG
105_0587.JPG
105_0589.JPG
105_0599.JPG
105_0570.JPG
105_0578.JPG
105_0576.JPG
105_0565.JPG
105_0566.JPG
105_0560.JPG
105_0586.JPG
105_0585.JPG
105_0556.JPG
:loopy:CA215

Super awesome update CA, looks like you made one hell of a tea for them. Interested to know how to they respond to it. I just started a tea myself.

And your OGK/GDP plant looks a lot like my Maui Waui. It seems our training styles and recipes are similar :Namaste:

Keep 'em Green :ciao:

Beauty update, CA. Forever vigilant!
Forever vigilant! Thanks for the drive-by PEEJAY :thanks:

Nice and healthy :thumb: :thumb: CA

the ladies are looking sharp broda, keep 'em Glowing
Thanks Danish! The 10-3-1 dr earth tea seemed to give them a nice boost of N, I also gave them all a top dress of that same 10-3-1 bat guano to (hopefully) pull them to the end of flower.. hope you are getting some nice rays shinin' down on your girls :surf:

Super awesome update CA, looks like you made one hell of a tea for them. Interested to know how to they respond to it. I just started a tea myself.

And your OGK/GDP plant looks a lot like my Maui Waui. It seems our training styles and recipes are similar :Namaste:

Keep 'em Green :ciao:
I bubbled a mix of 2 gallons tap and about 3/4~ tbsp 10-3-1, about 1/4~ tbsp of the 0-8-1 teradactyl bag, and a dash of liquid humic+microbial/fungal juice for merely 16~ hours. No foamy head but it looked a o k. Diluted it to about 5 gallons, watered the bigger plants in the tent and proceeded to dilute with another gallon for the smaller bunch. All new growth is thriving green & healthy. One of the SC clones has some major burning, way to heavy handed on something my guess is guano top dressings.. will get some shots of her soon. All are clustering except for the space bombs. Going to set up another tea here shortly, keep up the experimenting :morenutes:

Just went and had a peak at the maui for comparison and holy crap, they look extremely similar even down to the main stalk Y with the clone sized branching lol, will get some better shots of the plants soon :hookah:

A very enjoyable pic show with great looking plants!
Glad it was enjoyable MF :Namaste: Thanks for the kind words :)

Thoughts/Notes: One thing I was a bit concerned about was coming up to harvest time and having a bunch of active guanos still present in the soil medium while flushing, & be washing down guanos for months trying to remove it.. Opinions welcome. I was planning on removing the mulch and scraping at the top soil in attempts to remove the nutrients from the plants prior flushing.

I mixed up 2 gallons with some liquid soap, neem oil, and sns203 and began slowly spraying and working the sprayer head below the mulch to better hit the soils surface and with the reminder sprayed the top soil which was tedious work making sure there no back splash would hit the plants as this took place mid day light.

Also planning on mixing up a super soil blend for 4 patio plus bags. Will document how that goes :rollit:

Stay vigilant :theband:

Back
Top Bottom