CA215's 2014 Outdoor Container Garden

Hello 420mag community :welcome: welcome to my outdoor thread! :cheer:

This journal will document my journey through spring, summer up to fall. Be it for the better or worse, it will be here for you all to see :Namaste:
fore warning, my date keeping is very bad, once caught up it should get easier to hang on.

This is being started early, but we will have more strains on the horizon. I currently have 1 gdp & 1 atf clone that have been set outdoors for good on the 28th. From the dispensary they started off under cfl treatment 60w or so at the beginning of their arrival (2~ weeks of 24/0), and a 300w mh which began their training (3~ weeks of 18/6). They have been topped, fimmed, super cropped. They both seem to be very vigorous with the gdp being way bushier with awesome node spacing, and the atk being lanky with longer node spacing. We will see how they react over the weeks being outside. They lived in a very stable 75-76f day time temp and 65-66f night time temps. With the rain they are dealing with -10f from both day/night, but I have faith that they will pull through a o k. :high-five:

gdp & atf are both in a weird mix I am trying out, promix hp(25%) mixed with vermifire(75%), with a bottom&side layer of my supersoil around the 5 gal pot. The supersoil was been cooking for near 5~ months and is based on subcool recipe and others around 420magaine. They get ro water and compost teas, top dressings&transplants when applicable.

There is a critical+ auto flower in a 4~ gal container. Pictured also we have some bog sweet cindy and an unknown bean that will be used for fan leaf juicing for my ailments. The plant in ground is a th seeds hog which will also be used for juicing.

Feel free to subscribe and chime in when ever :roorrip: All other veggies will be documented on my Non-420 thread :thanks:
104_9130.JPG
104_9128.JPG
104_9131.JPG
104_9116.JPG
104_9117.JPG
104_9118.JPG
104_9120.JPG
104_9122.JPG
104_9115.JPG
104_9149.JPG
104_9152.JPG
:joint: CA215

Subbed, I like outdoor grows. Cant wait to start my summer garden too.

CA If I decide to take one of my little girls that just started to flower, then put them outdoors to reveg, will that cause enough stress to make them go hermie?
Or another scenario if I try to clone it would it work?

thanks

Looking good....along for the ride :thumb:
Welcome Heady! Hoping the journal will make it through the long ride, need to check the oil, tire pressure.... :laugh:

Very Nice CA looks like you've done a little fluxing:peace::goodjob::thumb:
The atf is result of an accidental topping, not once but twice during transport from location to location (this happens every grow).
She seems to be growing along very nicely and seemed to replicate the flux method I've seen from LA and trichomes. Today is her unvailing and I totally forgot to brush on that, thank YOU! :thanks:

Subscribed, good luck. ;)
Welcome stealth:high-five: thanks for the support, hope that ww is still treatin' ya well buddy!

Subbed, I like outdoor grows. Cant wait to start my summer garden too.

CA If I decide to take one of my little girls that just started to flower, then put them outdoors to reveg, will that cause enough stress to make them go hermie?

Hey dani! Hope to see some of your garden this year buddy. :blunt:

Here is what I think :) reverting a flowering plant back to veg isn't a big deal from what I have read and seen around the forums, yet I have never really tried indoors. Last year I had a plant that was easily a month in flower revert back to veg, to end up flowering again and yielding over 1 lb of great organic buds that I am still smoking on to the date.

But I would also think that for it to hermie is a great possibility, would have to say genetics also make up a big part to the plant and if it is going to hermie. Some strains are going to have less tolerable tendencies to changes and might start growing weird funky growth right off the bat, some power through like beasts, it's like we are playing roulette with the genetics and the possibilities are endless..

So I would say yes and no to your question dani :)

I'm starting to realize that this plant is called a weed for a reason, it is a tough piece of nature! Start experimenting with some seedlings :) We only live once lets get to growin! :thumb:

Hey dani! Hope to see some of your garden this year buddy. :blunt:

Here is what I think :) reverting a flowering plant back to veg isn't a big deal from what I have read and seen around the forums, yet I have never really tried indoors. Last year I had a plant that was easily a month in flower revert back to veg, to end up flowering again and yielding over 1 lb of great organic buds that I am still smoking on to the date.

But I would also think that for it to hermie is a great possibility, would have to say genetics also make up a big part to the plant and if it is going to hermie. Some strains are going to have less tolerable tendencies to changes and might start growing weird funky growth right off the bat, some power through like beasts, it's like we are playing roulette with the genetics and the possibilities are endless..

So I would say yes and no to your question dani :)

I'm starting to realize that this plant is called a weed for a reason, it is a tough piece of nature! Start experimenting with some seedlings :) We only live once lets get to growin! :thumb:

I can't wait for this winter to vanish, Today we got snow, again, man It sucks. Im so ready for my veggie garden I got all my seeds ready.

Back to the THC talk, basically its a gamble... so Im taking the risk, because there is nothing to lose. Im gonna go ahead and pick a few I can try to reveg once the conditions outside allow me to do it. And see what happens, hopefully it will just make the plant more resilient, I know gens define everything, but knowing that this plant is far more intelligent than I can understand, there is the survival instinct and the adaptation/evolution factor also, there for I say, if one of these is tuff enough to endure all this stress, and still reflower a female, she is one hell of a mother genotype speaking... its getting a bit complex for me as the test advances, I guess I gotta hit the books again mix some Mendel + Cervantes + some Sativa and Ill have a mad revelation... lol

take care bro

keep 'em green & keep them vibes good

SUB'D! :thumb:West Coast outdoor Fluxer II, great job CA215 :high-five:
Howdy trich! :party: The atf fluxer is looking well, although she is growing on one side a hell of a lot more than the other, looks a little funky :laugh: hope all is well in your world, your girls sure are doing well being hidden behind those nets you got smart idea brotha :Namaste"

I can't wait for this winter to vanish, Today we got snow, again, man It sucks. Im so ready for my veggie garden I got all my seeds ready.

Back to the THC talk, basically its a gamble... so Im taking the risk, because there is nothing to lose. Im gonna go ahead and pick a few I can try to reveg once the conditions outside allow me to do it. And see what happens, hopefully it will just make the plant more resilient, I know gens define everything, but knowing that this plant is far more intelligent than I can understand, there is the survival instinct and the adaptation/evolution factor also, there for I say, if one of these is tuff enough to endure all this stress, and still reflower a female, she is one hell of a mother genotype speaking... its getting a bit complex for me as the test advances, I guess I gotta hit the books again mix some Mendel + Cervantes + some Sativa and Ill have a mad revelation... lol

take care bro

keep 'em green & keep them vibes good
I was feeling the same way! We had a good couple weeks of great warm weather when it all got started then a bunch of rain hit. Definitely not complaining the surrounding areas really needed all this rain and it did wonders. I set out many bins and collected over 40+ gallons of water :) I also seem to be getting hundreds of worms under my pots.. Thinking about building a compost area against a back fence and throw those suckers around that area and see what work they can do. Love experimenting, weather doing it wrong or right we get the knowledge in return. In regards to thc talk, I say go for it! Whatever the circumstances are we learn what has worked and what hasn't which makes up better off. I am by no means knowledgeable in discussing legit facts or scientific data, but I do know from experience now that this plant is resilient as heck and should be put to the test :thumb: :Namaste: Stay well buddy :joint:

Subscribed brother!:high-five:

I am super excited for this, love the side-by side updates. CA215's Non-420 Garden :thumb:

Hello there Les! Hope the sun is shining down on your garden brotha, no sunshine here today :surf: Both gdp and atf are looking sweet, nice and healthy. These girls have just got some rain water the past couple days and seem to be loving it! Have yet to give anything a microbe tea, need to get on that pronto. :party:

Looks like this is going to be one heck of a journal CA!
Thanks Mono :high-five: Haven't seen ya around lately hope life is treating ya proper bud :joint:

Cold weather has been effecting a few of the surrounding garden plants, but the cannabis seems to be pushing through it very nicely.
I haven't been doing much training, but this morning you will see I did some super cropping on the atf, and I did my hand push to the top growth training method for the gdp haha.. It seems to work if I get out there and do this every couple days. Just need to get out and tie everything back down with the garden tie. Without further a due, look for the snail, didn't even notice it when I was out there and saw it while going through the pictures :laugh:;
gdp
104_9199.JPG
104_9198.JPG
104_9200.JPG
104_9201.JPG
104_9202.JPG
104_9203.JPG
104_9204.JPG
104_9205.JPG
104_9206.JPG
104_9207.JPG
104_9209.JPG
104_9210.JPG
104_9211.JPG
104_9212.JPG

atf
104_9213.JPG
104_9214.JPG
104_9215.JPG
104_9217.JPG
104_9219.JPG
104_9220.JPG
104_9221.JPG
104_9222.JPG
104_9223.JPG
104_9226.JPG
104_9227.JPG

critical auto+
104_9228.JPG
104_9229.JPG

and, woops... :sorry:
104_9232.JPG
104_9233.JPG
104_9234.JPG

:joint: Hoping to get some raised beds built here when the rain lets up, til next time :peace: CA215

Gorgeous update! Loving the side-by-side action we got going here, I see you got your winter-coat on :rofl: Hope the rain and ugly weather subsides soon for ya, a Grand Cronic Weekend to ya :thumb:

Great update pics & excellent plant manipulation, I'm not in much of a position to give a grower with your clout, many tips, but I'm going to stick my neck out here & you have any 'tricks' that you practice to keep your 'nodes' close together, a way to get your nodes to "stack up"?

thanks CA, this will be a great follow! :passitleft: I appreciate your participation today in the circus! LMK :thanks:

Gorgeous update! Loving the side-by-side action we got going here, I see you got your winter-coat on :rofl: Hope the rain and ugly weather subsides soon for ya, a Grand Cronic Weekend to ya :thumb:
Last few days we have had 80 degree, no clouds, pure blue sky :) Everything has started to looks happy again, looks like I will be able to put away my winters coat for now :wood: also, might be able to get out and take some decent shots without getting the camera soaked :laugh: Happy WEEDnesday to ya Les :high-five:

Nice update, looking real good CA. :thumb:
Thanks stealth :) Glad you could make it by :surf: hope all is running smooth for you holmes :Namaste:

Amazing girls CA, they sure gonna be big girls!

great weedkend Buddy
I am hoping so, but not too big! :)
As you can see I am starting early this year again, and will be keeping these girls super cropped and low profile. Last years betsy was over the fence and was able to swing her nugs as she was waving at the passer-bys.. That was pushing my stress meter to the max with the rippers I had to deal with and am still dealing with.. this year will be a o k I am sure of it for the rippers sake, 8 camera security system will keep everyone in check, got my lead slinger for back up. The only thing that could halt this op would be when and how long it takes to get this house remodeled. :Namaste:

Subbed to both journals. Cant wait to get our Greenhouse lookin like yours.

Thanks much Cascadian, hope you are doing well buddy, hope your rot is doing superb :roorrip: Are you planning on documenting for an off-topic garden? It would be wonderful to see everyone non-mmj gardens and how they proceed. I am anticipating my whole backyard to be ridden with container plants from left to right, back to front :laugh:

Great update pics & excellent plant manipulation, I'm not in much of a position to give a grower with your clout, many tips, but I'm going to stick my neck out here & you have any 'tricks' that you practice to keep your 'nodes' close together, a way to get your nodes to "stack up"?

thanks CA, this will be a great follow! :passitleft: I appreciate your participation today in the circus! LMK :thanks:

Thanks you trich!! :) The only tricks I am aware of to keep inner node spacing close is first the strain and if it is able, heat is a factor causes mad stretching, so if you keep decent 75-80 temps you should see less stretch ( keep a fan or mister close to your outdoor plants), and also nutrients and the amount and ratio you use, and how often you water. I have read if you have a bad ratio NPK wise, say too much N, your plant with be working too much up top and wont be working like a fine oiled machine, it will be giving more attention to one spot more than the other causing this type of growth. (Again trich, I am by no means knowledgeable experience wise these are things I have read). It has seemed like a crap shoot for me, some of my plants have AWESOME node spacing like the gdp, as to the ATF is a lanky 2" spacing per node.. I would think this has to do with indica and sativa also. Sativas are going to be a lot more lankier with massive node spacing, indica small, stout, closer spacing. This really takes shape when the plants are put into flower, that's when you can really see the differences and how much I/S that plant has.. Ok I got to stop that there I am starting to confuse myself :laugh:!

I would like to ask anyone with breeding expertise or any concrete knowledge to stop by danishoes thread, Here is the link, I left him some thoughts on my opinion into breeding, but I have no real knowledge on the subject. If you could, stop by and give a fellow grower a helping opinion :Namaste:

I will get some shots today of the plants, I have been busy moving, planting, and planning my next moves.
Stay green :joint: CA215

Back
Top Bottom