CA215's 2014 Outdoor Container Garden

High! I know we are both dudes and stuff but I grew you some flowers :Namaste:

Preharvest_016.jpg

Beautiful and sexy ladies CA, I love the picture of the TRIO they are going to be amazing. Im still debating if I should top or not the ones I have outdoors.
Keep em Green & Happy Broda
Best vibes for you

High! I know we are both dudes and stuff but I grew you some flowers :Namaste:

Preharvest_016.jpg
Gorgeous buddage dude, thanks much for the flowers :Namaste: :laugh: Love the kindness :joint:
I will bring some samples of my herbs :passitleft:

Beautiful and sexy ladies CA, I love the picture of the TRIO they are going to be amazing. Im still debating if I should top or not the ones I have outdoors.
Keep em Green & Happy Broda
Best vibes for you
Thank you dani :thanks: These plants seem to holding in great with little assistance through the past few weeks. I am starting to get out more and make sure they are getting some decent training. I can tell, that if a couple of these girls were allowed to grow with no assistance they would be beasts. I need to get in and make sure they don't get out of hand for my location. We have certain reqs we need to keep in mind.. nothing over the fence :allgood: I have got 4 clones that have rooted also, variety. which I am also very pleased with. May be able to share some of these genetics if they are up to par!

My opinion on your situation - if you aren't sure how good of a summer it will ride out to be, I will opt for LST instead, to steer away from the slowing down of topping if your area gets less light, cooler temps, etc. With lst your plants will be able to accumulate more tops, with less stress. With my views, at this point the more growth we can stack on these girls the higher the yields :surf: I cant wait for flowering to begin yeehaw :thumb:

Amazing colors man, is that sage & sour??

I believe this is dankness' Blackberry kush.. I grew a clone of bk last summer and experimented with un ph'd water.. that herb was spectacular.. by the looks of it, dankness' herb stomped mine :laugh:

Nice pic sir. :geek:
+reps :high-five:

Thanks for the kind words Spimp, Hope you are doing well pimpster :surf:

After a hectic couple days.. I am at a very sketchy location and we might not be able to finish this out.
So many issues. Gives me the worst freaking stressful headache. Anyways.. I would like to keep my negativity away from all of you, and hope that everyone is doing better than I. To brighten the mood, I chopped my critical which, wouldn't you know it, just won a 2nd place cup at the treating yourself expo in Canada! Way to go Dinafem! This autos smell and looks are great, a very nice lime green, a little on the loose bud formation not super tight and compact, a little leafy, but the trichomes make up for it. Waiting for a smoke & stone report here shortly within the next couple days of drying :Namaste:
100_02447.JPG
100_02405.JPG
100_02429.JPG
100_02418.JPG

Outdoor plants - I applied a tea that was only bubbling for 12~ hours and didn't acquire much of a foamy froth, this was a few days ago and the girls have been looking well with no ill effects that I have noticed. They all need a transplant and are sure showing signs of it. A lot of yellowing down low at an alarming rate. I am not able to transplant due to the issues so everything is at a stand still for the moment. I defoled the girls yesterday and juiced the bunch of fans with strawberries and pineapple.. tasty, made for a great color combo if I don't say so myself :laugh: The clones have been set outside for the past 3 days and look to be doing okay. Not sure if they will make it or not, they actually got some of the tea also at a double diluted ratio. The s&s clone looks quite sickly.. I was able to get a cut of all the big plants I have running with my ghetto tech so I am happy with that by it self hah.
100_01757.JPG
100_02258.JPG
100_022312.JPG
100_02248.JPG
100_022111.JPG
100_02208.JPG
100_02126.JPG
100_02146.JPG
100_02188.JPG

Randoms-
off2.JPG
off1.JPG
off.JPG
All I got for now :Namaste: Stay vigilant fellow growers! :thanks::goodluck:CA215

Nice update CA, the critical auto flowers look really dank and yummy, I am sure you will enjoy them in the EQ :hookah:

Sorry to hear about whatever is going on, I hope it settles out in the smoothest possible way for ya. We knew it would be hard to replicate last years Big Betsy anyway so try not to sweat it too much buddy ;)

Be Well :Namaste:

Looks awesome bro! So jealous of your light lol. Was just watching a video the other day where they were comparing trich sizes between outdoor and indoors of the same strains and the difference was amazing.

I've had great luck with Dinafem. I've ran about 5 strains of their's now and 2 of them had Critical included. The buds are always super dense and the plant structure is so perfect it almost looks fake. Think this is the critical genetics but could be wrong. I've got a couple other Critical crosses waiting to be ran from other breeders including Critical OG and Critical Hog.

I got off the tea wagon for a bit and got into top dressing more. Def need to get back to brewing. What ingredients do you run in your teas these days? I've tried using compost, mycos, molasses, all purpose dry fert, liquid fish fert, and a little big bloom. Was an awesome tea but a bitch to clean up lol

Man I love how you juice your leaves. I'm pulling ridiculous amounts of leaves of my plants daily and have nothing to use them for. I run butter but mainly with leaves from harvest vs mid grow. I'm also getting a HUGE pile of stems with nothing to do with either. Maybe I should think about a juicer. Any recipes, tricks, tips? LOVING the colors! Been rocking rasta colors all week in celebration of the decriminalization :D

Hope things are going good for ya. Hit me up some time. :Namaste:

I can't wait for this winter to vanish, Today we got snow, again, man It sucks. Im so ready for my veggie garden I got all my seeds ready.

Back to the THC talk, basically its a gamble... so Im taking the risk, because there is nothing to lose. Im gonna go ahead and pick a few I can try to reveg once the conditions outside allow me to do it. And see what happens, hopefully it will just make the plant more resilient, I know gens define everything, but knowing that this plant is far more intelligent than I can understand, there is the survival instinct and the adaptation/evolution factor also, there for I say, if one of these is tuff enough to endure all this stress, and still reflower a female, she is one hell of a mother genotype speaking... its getting a bit complex for me as the test advances, I guess I gotta hit the books again mix some Mendel + Cervantes + some Sativa and Ill have a mad revelation... lol

take care bro

keep 'em green & keep them vibes good

Danish,
I was in about week 4 of flower with 3 Purple Kush plants and had an unfortunate light leak which caused them to re-vert to veg for about a week. I've since solved the light leak and they have gone back to flower and one of the plants has grown a really weird bunch of growth on top. It could end up being a monster bud or a monster dud. I'll get some current photos later today in my journal if you want to take a look.

I thought they were going to hermie for sure but I guess the genetics have shown through to re-flower.

CA,
I've never asked that many questions on Auto's but I was curious about the lighting. Do you just leave them in a standard 18/6 or similar configuration that suits your needs? Do they need a 12/12 flower schedule? I was amazed at the size of those calyx's I didn't think they ever got that big. Anyway great grow and looking forward to watching them grow large flowers. Hope it's okay for a first year rookie to sit in and gain some knowledge. I've got an Aunt & Uncle that live in California, if the cost of living wasn't so darn high I'd think about moving. I'm fairly confident our great state will come to its senses and enact a medical cannabis law in the next couple of years. Just saying, I'm jealous of your ability to grow outside.

CA,
I've never asked that many questions on Auto's but I was curious about the lighting. Do you just leave them in a standard 18/6 or similar configuration that suits your needs? Do they need a 12/12 flower schedule? I was amazed at the size of those calyx's I didn't think they ever got that big. Anyway great grow and looking forward to watching them grow large flowers. Hope it's okay for a first year rookie to sit in and gain some knowledge. I've got an Aunt & Uncle that live in California, if the cost of living wasn't so darn high I'd think about moving. I'm fairly confident our great state will come to its senses and enact a medical cannabis law in the next couple of years. Just saying, I'm jealous of your ability to grow outside.

Interesting stuff broda, Im gonna take a look at your journal, do you have a link to it?

Please send my garden/life some positive vibes 420mag team :thanks:

:bravo:

That smoothie looks tasty. :yummy:
I hope the Issues are not the same as last year. Cause if that crap happens again Im driving out there and helping you handle business! :high-five:
Yeah buddy, same issues, plus a few greater issues. We will not be pushing the envelope like last year :laugh: SUCKS!
Would really like to tend to some pounders this year darn it :) Thanks for the back up brodda :high-five:

Nice update CA, the critical auto flowers look really dank and yummy, I am sure you will enjoy them in the EQ :hookah:

Sorry to hear about whatever is going on, I hope it settles out in the smoothest possible way for ya. We knew it would be hard to replicate last years Big Betsy anyway so try not to sweat it too much buddy ;)

Be Well :Namaste:
They have been splendid, VERY heady, the micros show a decent number of clear trichs. With a nice tingling body sensation.. Weird herb, definitely something different that I have not come across. Love the taste though, under tone lavender hashy, very tasty berry skunk.. my taste buds have been enjoying the fresh flavors. A very soaring type of high, with a very noticeable eye effect.. I just puffed tough on the EQ and my eyes feel as if they are bulging, and have a pulse! Yeehaw.. I will mark this auto freebie a major success. The jar is half way empty.. half way full.. either way, I have been dry for awhile and this auto brought me some quick organic top shelf. Might have to look into a pack of these :hookah: & in regards to entering the league of pounders this year.. it will be a no go, would like to, but this year we are in a whole new ball game with inconveniences. Shit got real, real quick.

Looks awesome bro! So jealous of your light lol. Was just watching a video the other day where they were comparing trich sizes between outdoor and indoors of the same strains and the difference was amazing.

I've had great luck with Dinafem. I've ran about 5 strains of their's now and 2 of them had Critical included. The buds are always super dense and the plant structure is so perfect it almost looks fake. Think this is the critical genetics but could be wrong. I've got a couple other Critical crosses waiting to be ran from other breeders including Critical OG and Critical Hog.

I got off the tea wagon for a bit and got into top dressing more. Def need to get back to brewing. What ingredients do you run in your teas these days? I've tried using compost, mycos, molasses, all purpose dry fert, liquid fish fert, and a little big bloom. Was an awesome tea but a bitch to clean up lol

Man I love how you juice your leaves. I'm pulling ridiculous amounts of leaves of my plants daily and have nothing to use them for. I run butter but mainly with leaves from harvest vs mid grow. I'm also getting a HUGE pile of stems with nothing to do with either. Maybe I should think about a juicer. Any recipes, tricks, tips? LOVING the colors! Been rocking rasta colors all week in celebration of the decriminalization :D

Hope things are going good for ya. Hit me up some time. :Namaste:

Yeah man.. The outdoor is amazing, truly wonderful if you are able to take advantage of nature :) I have also seen such videos/pictures comparing the different trich sizes.. I really noticed the differences when I made hash from both indoor and outdoor meds. From what I felt and saw, the outdoor hash had a higher yield all around with a better quality, super sticky.. This is compared to the indoor which was by the way, a different strain, but to the eye I would say the indoor looked 2x better with more trichomes.. looking back on the pulls.. the outdoor runs stomped the indoor. The indoor perhaps had a nicer blonde, clean look to it but lacked the sticky tackiness after drying with a lower yield, but still super danky no doubt.. I believe the sun produces the best trichomes, no doubt :) & all this typing about hash has got me wanting some hash!

I haven't tried anything like this critical it's a first for me its supposed to be big bud X skunk. It has a very nice berry taste with some very tasty skunky flavors, I am thinking the organic soil did it for me worked wonders. That criticalOG sounds like a contender, sounds like it would produce some wonderful flavors! I have been wanting to grow the rest of my og's but I need to hold onto these beans for a later date. Also, I have been wondering about the ruderalis aspect on these autos, need to do some research on the subject.

The teas have been really minimal. I have been taking 2 gallons of RO, scoop of great white, adding in some microbe life liquid humic acid, molasses, castings, my organic super soil, and a little dash of alfalfa. Everything goes in low amounts, it's it a tea that follows no instructions lol, quick and easy cleanup! I haven't been taking care of the garden like i'd like, going to get another tea going tonight and hope I have some time to get it out to the ladies :Namaste:

You should try juicing the fans brotha! Although, they taste a little green. I pluck my leaves and juice asap, don't let them get limp and lifeless, they juice a heck of a lot better healthy and fresh. Use some lime/lemon juice concentrate mixed in another juice you enjoy and use this in your juicing process, I will pour this mix through in tiny splash's in between a few juicing runs to make sure the canna leaf juice is making its way down into the cup. I picked up a cheap 50 dollar unit and it works swell. If you can make use of every part of the plant the more power to ya!

I have started taking my stems from harvests and chopping them up as mulch, thought it could work well but I have yet to try it! I still have some saving to do hah. I also saved betsy and am going to make her into a walking cane.. :laugh:

I will hit you up soon brotha and give you the downlo, positive vibes your way bub :surf:

nice Update CA, Hope things work out for you broda, best of vibes your way :D

btw nice looking plates :thumb:

Thanks much dani! I appreciate the positive best vibes brodda, these babies are going in my pocket to keep me positive throughout the day and keep me at my best :Namaste: idk why I have been using the paper plates hahaha, easy clean up!!
Hope you are doing well man keep on keepin' on!

Danish,
I was in about week 4 of flower with 3 Purple Kush plants and had an unfortunate light leak which caused them to re-vert to veg for about a week. I've since solved the light leak and they have gone back to flower and one of the plants has grown a really weird bunch of growth on top. It could end up being a monster bud or a monster dud. I'll get some current photos later today in my journal if you want to take a look.

I thought they were going to hermie for sure but I guess the genetics have shown through to re-flower.
Sounds like some strong genetics, love me some PK! :)

CA,

Lost half of what I typed last night fk.
You can grow autos on any light schedule from my knowledge. You can grow them in your 18/6 with your reg and fem plants which of course wont flower. My critical went through an early in the year flowring cycle which eventually rolled into early summer which brang a lengthening day light and veg cycle. I wasn't sure if this was going to cause mad hermie, and it didn't. The plant continued on through flowering with no hiccups that I had noticed. The calyx do contain the small black specs which could be labeled hermie, but no filled seeds, nothing that even came close to finishing, just a bunch of little specs. So to answer the question, I would assume you can grow autos in any light schedule as long as they have enough light to survive and it stays consistent :) I may be picking up a pack or two of autos.. I believe that you would be able to pull a quick half pound within a few months with minimal effort. I had a few paragraphs typed out but cant remember other things I mentioned... damndamndamn.

You are more than welcome to follow along Chin! I will be documenting a little more often here soon (hopefully) when things simmer down a bit and I am less stressed :Namaste:
Interesting stuff broda, Im gonna take a look at your journal, do you have a link to it?
:party: Happy Weednesday! :)

I have to learn how to add the link to the signature.

Dangit, I had a lesson typed out for you that is now lost haha... it was color coded and everything.

Look in the quick reply box and look at the smile/emoticon button. To the right of that there is the link button which is the Earth with binoculars. You click that and paste the URL you would like to link to.. it will look something like this.

The You is of course a U: [YouRL="this will be the link of your page"]and this will be what you want the link to say[/URL]

I have some micros that I need to upload, TBC! :cheer:

Here are some micros of a small sample of the Critical+ auto dried, and ready for medicating :hippy:
crit6.jpg
crit5.jpg
crit41.jpg
crit3.jpg
crit22.jpg
crit12.jpg

That's all I have for now :peace: Thanks for stopping in and checking on my thread, I hope you are all doing great and your gardens are filled with lush green growth :Namaste: Stay vigilant :hookah:

Good Weed CA215!
Those pics look delicious! :yummy:
When you say 'auto-dried' what is your proccess?

btw +reps!

Happy WEEDnesday Spimp :Namaste: My apologies that was written out a little tricky now that I re-read it. It should be the "Critical+ auto"flower", and it is dried and ready for consumption, although, it is already all dang near gone!

Little update. I have found a new line of clones I will be trying. New flavors, strongggg genetics. Take a look at Advanced BLU genetics..
Will update later in the week, have some business that needs tending too :peace:

Those are some sexy trichomes!! sick close ups CA its amazing how much healing power those oily hairs have.
gotta drop some reps for that.

Keep Positive

Back
Top Bottom