CA215's 2014 Outdoor Container Garden

Those are some sexy trichomes!! sick close ups CA its amazing how much healing power those oily hairs have.
gotta drop some reps for that.

Keep Positive

Thank you Danish! I will give it another go here soon and try to get some really up close and personal shots of the wonderful trichs :Namaste: Man, they are delicious!

So, a little update on strains! I was able to get my hands on some advanced blu clones from a dispensary that I am currently staying very close to. All I can say is WOW, I have never seen clones looking this nice from a dispensary. Although I had to throw them in some crap soil in dixies for the time being, they should be able to survive for the next few days until I can get them into some promix and a decent sixed pots. The samples they had on site, and the pictures from the breeders also on site had me grinning from ear to ear. I am staying very positive and enjoying the new flavors that will come to be some great flavors here at the end of summer :Namaste: Thing are on the up & up
:peace: CA215

Thank you Danish! I will give it another go here soon and try to get some really up close and personal shots of the wonderful trichs :Namaste: Man, they are delicious!

So, a little update on strains! I was able to get my hands on some advanced blu clones from a dispensary that I am currently staying very close to. All I can say is WOW, I have never seen clones looking this nice from a dispensary. Although I had to throw them in some crap soil in dixies for the time being, they should be able to survive for the next few days until I can get them into some promix and a decent sixed pots. The samples they had on site, and the pictures from the breeders also on site had me grinning from ear to ear. I am staying very positive and enjoying the new flavors that will come to be some great flavors here at the end of summer :Namaste: Thing are on the up & up
:peace: CA215

Cant wait to see the pictures of that CA

Keep it Green//Keep it Blue//Keep it Purple
Just keep 'em coming

Positives Vibrations

That looks tasty. Nice dude keep it growing green........or sometimes purple.

Cant wait to see the pictures of that CA

Keep it Green//Keep it Blue//Keep it Purple
Just keep 'em coming

Positives Vibrations

Aloha CA, hope things are well in your neck of the woods. I know you must be busy! All I can hope is things are well.

Here is another outdoor journal you would like if you are still around viewing journals

2014 Outdoor - Chem Diesel - Cheese - AK-47 - Ultra Violet

Peace bud

Thank you guys for the positive vibes and keeping me current and up to date with the grows :party:
I have been taking it easy these past few days on account of some type of bug I have, think it's about time to make an appointment with the doctor to see wtf is going on. I have been without cannacaps and only a small half gram portion of trim scraps in the vape daily which is not helping with my conditions. We are contemplating pulling a couple girls in for a beginning of another force flower session. Other than the brief update on the personal life, the garden is rolling along with little hitches. Both SC1&2 need a transplant but currently I do not have pots for this, will give them both a nice top dressing of some dr earth 10-3-1 guano. I placed a screen on the drizella which opened her up to some great light spread, giving her a look it almost appears she is a he-she or a he. I will give it some more time to make sure, as the smells coming off her veg foliage are spectacularly skunky, and sticky believe it or not! All the clones I was able to get rooted are also doing great. They are also going to need a transplant! I have ordered some of the 7 gal grow bags for some of the bigger plants and possibly the clones, but, I am not sure if they are going to work with the current 5 gal fabric pots I have. These 5 gal fabric pots seem to have a wider circumference than say a 5.5 gal mixing bucket, fingers crossed. The new clones are doing swell, they seem to be out of their little funk going from indoor to out and are adjusting to their new organic soil. I am currently using my almost year old cooking vermifire supersoil on the bottoms of the pots with a promix hp as the "blanket" soil. Hope everyone is doing splendid and reaping the benefits of our labor! Stay Safe :joint:
100_03078.JPG
100_03095.JPG
100_03119.JPG
100_03246.JPG
100_03255.JPG
100_03264.JPG
100_03274.JPG
100_03283.JPG
100_03293.JPG

front and back are sc1, circle pot on the left is the sc2, and the right is the s&s seed that was found in a bud from last grow
100_03168.JPG

need some tlc
100_03184.JPG
100_03215.JPG
100_03222.JPG
100_03233.JPG

drizz
100_03206.JPG

thinking this girl has a ph issue with the soil, hasn't seemed to like my treatments her entire life. Going to give her a nice N top dress. I have also been taking out some aggression on her as you can see by the last photo :laugh:
100_03315.JPG
100_03324.JPG
100_03336.JPG
100_03345.JPG

and a couple off topic shots to follow thought these shots came out okay and I know how some of appreciate nature and photography so why not leave them here for the masses :), been seeing these caterpillars (I assume correct me if I am wrong) this past week. I have not been letting them live out their lives, except for this fella in the picture below, I forgot to go back and give him the squishsquash after the photo shoot, whoops.. Let him live another day I suppose. :love:
100_02884.JPG
100_02794.JPG

Stay vigilant fellow growers. :high-five::cheer::thanks::Namaste::thumb::420:

Oh my lord lol.. Now that one got big.

We have those same exact pillars. Been finding them on my tomatos, and I found one or two on my cannabis that was about 1/4 the size of that one! More daily inspections, they're really hard to find though because they're green and blend right into what they were eating. Best to find them when they are small :) And in terms of squash, my god, that one is too big to squash, needs some kind of special treatment lol. Take it fishing :surf:

And yeah, I got another round of force flowers going, no reason to wait until fall for a crop, plenty of other flowering ladies that will flower then :)

Good update, I enjoy hearing you talk about the Dr. E 10-3-1, that is honestly my go to vegetative bat guano. Really great stuff :) If you haven't already, brew a tea with it for 24 hours and then serve those ladies that had a slight N def.

Anyway good to hear from you, hope you get over the illness soon brotha :Namaste:

Oh my lord lol.. Now that one got big.

We have those same exact pillars. Been finding them on my tomatos, and I found one or two on my cannabis that was about 1/4 the size of that one! More daily inspections, they're really hard to find though because they're green and blend right into what they were eating. Best to find them when they are small :) And in terms of squash, my god, that one is too big to squash, needs some kind of special treatment lol. Take it fishing :surf:

And yeah, I got another round of force flowers going, no reason to wait until fall for a crop, plenty of other flowering ladies that will flower then :)

Good update, I enjoy hearing you talk about the Dr. E 10-3-1, that is honestly my go to vegetative bat guano. Really great stuff :) If you haven't already, brew a tea with it for 24 hours and then serve those ladies that had a slight N def.

Anyway good to hear from you, hope you get over the illness soon brotha :Namaste:

Another day was enough to let him maneuver his way down the tomato plant to begin munching on a stem! Little bastard :laugh:
He has since been moved to the side yard.. should have probably taken your advice and took him up for a little bass action! These last couple nights have also been insanely active with moths! I have noticed them hiding amongst the grass, orange tree and morning glories. Stomped out a good 3 throughout the grass and the other were swatted at which allowed them the chance to scurry away into the (disgusting hot) night sky. We have not given our garden a single insecticide spraying this year with minimal damage, not saying that this will continue. I think my area is starting to experience the unformidable moth frenzy, high flyers! Which we can only expect to get 10x worse! Last year I was lucky with seeing one or two every now and then. I have acquired a small "ice pick" for daily nug inspections once time arrives.

I have not tried to brew a tea with this DR E.10-3-1, will give it a go thanks for the thought Les! They are definitely in need of some tlc, after yesterdays 104f they are drastically showing that they need a bigger pot to allow them to stretch their roots. With the 5 gallon pots throughout the yard, I have been struggling on keeping everything watered twice daily to ensure we have no drying up/shrinking of the medium. Last year we saw this happen a few times and the results of this bared a slowing of growth and no doubt a nice knock upside the heads of the microorganisms in the medium.

I was able to finagle some shots yesterday of the garden and some new blood! I think I have an issue with new strains.. helphelp.
Those are also medicated brownies for the background :Namaste:
supersourdiesel
100_03373.JPG

100_03416.JPG

next
100_03442.JPG
100_03433.JPG
100_03457.JPG

next
100_03502.JPG
100_03465.JPG
100_03585.JPG

also received some free herb
100_03512.JPG
100_03527.JPG
100_03566.JPG

fresh transplants, sitting in the shade for a couple days
100_03594.JPG

and overall of the current healthy clones
100_03608.JPG
100_03615.JPG
100_03629.JPG

single shots of each
sc1
100_03637.JPG

100_03659.JPG

s&s
100_03646.JPG

sc2
100_036611.JPG

and the rest of the a.b.k's
100_03677.JPG

100_03696.JPG

100_03686.JPG

overall opposite side
100_03709.JPG

the dispensary mixed up the labels, I though this was gdp, but I am thinking it may be the ogk!
100_03726.JPG
100_03717.JPG

the bigger fam
100_03739.JPG

hooked up with a buddy who is starting his own line of genetics, I picked up 4 cuts, 2 strains. They are not rooted yet so fingers crossed. I cannot release any info on these, sorry!
100_03744.JPG

Until next time, stay safe, stay vigilant.. :peace:

Fantastic update that was Brotha, the clones look healthy and those nugs looked mighty dank. I use past tense because I know they're vaporized or smoked by now :rofl:

Garden is looking great, can't wait to see some more beautiful flowers that you grow :cheer:

Yet another update of the highest quality. Always fun to see what you are up to, CA.
Likewise PJ, thanks for the kind words :;):

Great pics and update, CA!
Thanks Maggie :high-five:

Im not sure what makes me more jealous-- The Clones or the two bags of tasty looking nugs! :geek:
:thumb:
:laugh: I was stoked on the both! At the time the nugs sure were a joy as I was out of meds, of course the long haul we are gunning for the clones, which will hopefully bless us with 10x those bags :high-five:

I agree, although since they were free, I'm leaning towards the nugs! ;) ;) Nice couple of eighths CA!
Thanks CH :Namaste: definitely the best herb I have received as a free gift from a dispensary, it was a mix of all their purples :roorrip:

A bit late to the party.. Subbed! Time to catch up :Namaste:
All good Wiz :allgood: Haven't heard from ya in awhile hope all is jiving well in your neck of the woods :thumb:

Fantastic update that was Brotha, the clones look healthy and those nugs looked mighty dank. I use past tense because I know they're vaporized or smoked by now :rofl:

Garden is looking great, can't wait to see some more beautiful flowers that you grow :cheer:
Your use of past tense couldn't be more correct :laugh: Mad tasty purple nugs, went down very well in the EQ :circle-of-love:
Thank you for the kind words Lester!!

Today I will keep it short, simple and sweet! Last update was on the 1st, today is the 13th and the girls are showing signs of perhaps overwatering. And I am thinking I may have stunted them with too many doses of bountea fungal spores/ I have been struggling to find a good amount/time of watering with these grow bags. It will be on lock here soon. I still have a couple reg space bomb to transplant, and a few clones that are needing some new soil. I applied a tea yesterday that was bubbled for 24 hours but did not acquire the foam head we all enjoy in a compost tea. The plants have been having some hot days here reaching over 100, and in the greenhouse easily 120. I will be reworking the yard here soon to better house all my flavors :Namaste: Till next time, hope ya enjoy the early morning variety shots! :peace:

Lets start at the tent, the first girl was in a force flower schedule for a couple days but there was issues and I will not be able to be around to make this happen for 2 months. Gotta bite the bullet and wait for our regular flowering schedule.
100_04076.JPG
100_04085.JPG
100_04143.JPG
100_04136.JPG
100_04104.JPG
100_04095.JPG

Next is a clone, same strain.
100_04175.JPG
100_04184.JPG
100_04583.JPG

cont. below

Here is my main thang, hoping that this girl finishes off right for a good stash.
100_04215.JPG

The drizella has not been tended to since applying her screen.. She needs some assistance.
100_04226.JPG

Here is, I am thinking, freedom haze crossed with sage n sour from the last indoor grow. you can really see the haze in her and the smell is straight sagensour funk! Super cool. Seems it wants to stay this pale green.
100_04235.JPG

100_04247.JPG

And some variety shots without my continued interruption of comments :laugh: I am having issues with the two in the back, they have very purple stem action and abit of a yellowing rust effect on the leaves.
100_04264.JPG
100_04275.JPG
100_042810.JPG

100_04294.JPG
100_04306.JPG
100_04317.JPG
100_04325.JPG

100_04335.JPG
100_04347.JPG
100_04358.JPG
100_04367.JPG
100_04376.JPG

Here is the reveg GDP that was force flowered a couple months ago. This thing smells so dank! Loved it in the vape, so I am hoping she produces the same stanky buds, I love to go out here and rub her old nugs down with my hands.. It is one great smelling cologne :laugh:
100_04384.JPG
100_04476.JPG
100_04463.JPG
100_04396.JPG
100_04424.JPG
100_04414.JPG
100_04405.JPG
100_04442.JPG

Others I am letting grow without any help, they need some transplant action!
100_04517.JPG
100_04494.JPG

cont. below

And we will close this out with a shot of the tent girls!
100_04554.JPG
100_04564.JPG
100_04574.JPG

Groovy tunes for your medicated mind :hippy:
Fortunate Youth - JAH MUSIC - YouTube

I am thinking maybe the wood chips are effecting the plants in a negative way. Although the bark chips have no nutrients, I have noticed the bark chips have a coating of brown coloring. I may remove these and rinse them off and re apply just to be sure. I have been seeing a lot of moths and pillars, and the weird bugs from last year are back! Next update I will try and get some of these bugs captured and under the microscope for some compare/contrast to others around the world. Until then, stay safe, stay vigilant. Keep up the good fight :joint:

LOL that's crazy. Solid update brother. Definitely hitting a Birdie on that one! :cheer:

Everythings looking good. Stacking firewood at the base of your plants? :rofl:

Too bad about the force flowering, but it was wise to be definitive and not starting it if you couldn't finish it off properly. :surf:

Looks like you have a nice little CA Relaxed garden going on there ;) I'm sure things will sort each other out and you'll have a killer bloom to come.
I'm sure you'll get the watering for the bags on lock down soon, no over watering! :surf:

I wanted to inform you that I realized what was causing my "fungus gnat" infestation. :yikes:

It was the fungus! I was too amped up about all the soil benefits of the fungus (inky caps in particular) that I forgot that they are the reasons the fungus gnats thrived and are able to populate so quickly. I had a monstrous bloom this morning of 20-30 inky caps at the base of this little runt Maui Waui, it bloomed over night completely, there wasn't any flies last night, but there is this morning so had to rip them all out and apply SNS-203 thoroughly.

Hope you folks get a relief from the heat up there! :allgood: :surf:

LOL that's crazy. Solid update brother. Definitely hitting a Birdie on that one! :cheer:

Everythings looking good. Stacking firewood at the base of your plants? :rofl:

Too bad about the force flowering, but it was wise to be definitive and not starting it if you couldn't finish it off properly. :surf:

Looks like you have a nice little CA Relaxed garden going on there ;) I'm sure things will sort each other out and you'll have a killer bloom to come.
I'm sure you'll get the watering for the bags on lock down soon, no over watering! :surf:

I wanted to inform you that I realized what was causing my "fungus gnat" infestation. :yikes:

It was the fungus! I was too amped up about all the soil benefits of the fungus (inky caps in particular) that I forgot that they are the reasons the fungus gnats thrived and are able to populate so quickly. I had a monstrous bloom this morning of 20-30 inky caps at the base of this little runt Maui Waui, it bloomed over night completely, there wasn't any flies last night, but there is this morning so had to rip them all out and apply SNS-203 thoroughly.

Hope you folks get a relief from the heat up there! :allgood: :surf:

Wish I could get a little more in depth :thanks: Thanks for the kind words Les your comments are always a great treat! Appreciate your presence around my neck of the woods bro! :hookah: & for all the info through pm & posts, kudos :winkyface:

The "stacking wood" comment had me stumped for awhile, then I got it LOL. It was the cheapest stuff at lowlowes so I went with it. But I know, big chunks! I think it would be perfect if not for the damn coloring they applied to it.. Like me some au' natural :Namaste:

I have the day off and have been contemplating re-arranging the back.. I want to move the tent further west to give it a bit more sunshine, add a fan and secure a power cord out there also as todays heat is killer.. We are definitely sitting at 100f, this morning was at 78f @ 6am! TOASTY! Definitely helping my bags dry out after their little over watering session. I have knocked their amounts down to about 8 cups of water per watering, every 2~ days, on these hotter days I will give them 8 cups a day. Bigger plants are receiving an extra dump of water so around 12~+ cups, I never really explain these things as I am always changing. I know you use your hose so its probably a little difficult for you to guess your amounts also. I a, just having the hardest time getting used to this to half of the bag drying way faster than the lower portion. Will keep an eye keen :thumb:

I am seeing that with my added fungal spores, the plants have slowed down immensely, went a little too tough on the mix. I have never seen the inky shrooms you get around your area, my shrooms that pop up in the pots are more tan/yellow/white but almost have the same structure. A little slimmer looking, with more filled/thicker looking caps. I will make sure to get some shots of them next photo shoot. They also stay thriving for a good 3-5 days and wont recede/break down into the soil until they start drying out.

Anyways, one too many blue moons have got me buzzing, stay well Les will talk soon! :peace: :joint: CA

High Ca! What's up dude! Still jealous of your outdoor. BTW I am outside your window naked! Stop touching yourself.

T! What's is up ma identical looking mofo! Hey, I am still jealous of your indoor buddy, seen your last update those girls are looking DANK:Namaste: Best be careful looking through our windows bud, we stay vigilant around here :Namaste: But i'm sure you enjoyed the sight you saw :laugh: LOL Hope you are doing well T :joint:

I noticed this morning that I may have some sort of leaf sucker on the big sageXhaze plant.. Going to give her a good neem oil blast tonight.

I watered the cannabis and garden this morning with some Monterey fish and poop, npk= 9-6-2, 3, or 4 I forget the potassium #.. And some added SNS203+209 for some back up against anything wanting to post up in my soil :) I have always had good results with the fish&shit but it smells so putrid I sometimes refuse to use it. I also have an unopened bottle of biobizz fish mix I may open up to take care of the garden throughout the rest of veg. Still needs some contemplating.

Also used the rest of my worm castings (5~ lbs) throughout the cannabis, trees, and garden plants likewise. I used a bunch of Epsom salt on the tomato's and lawn.. And a dose of some organic mg bone meal throughout the tomatoes. Been slacking on the backyard and needed to get some things taken care of and noted down :thumb: Stay well fellow growers, blessings from the west! :Namaste: CA215

Back
Top Bottom