CA215's 2014 Outdoor Container Garden

Im still drooling myself CA, sexy Sexy sexy ladies Broda

KeeP that same recipe of love you are feeding them with cause they are glowing happy.

The one in the bigger bag is mosdef goIng to be hugeeeeee!

PeaCe Bro

Quality observations and reflections. Always.
:thanks: Hearing that from a grower and journal keeper of your caliber is a win in my book :party:

Im still drooling myself CA, sexy Sexy sexy ladies Broda

KeeP that same recipe of love you are feeding them with cause they are glowing happy.

The one in the bigger bag is mosdef goIng to be hugeeeeee!

PeaCe Bro

Much thanks there danish! :passitleft: We have been following the rule of less is more and it has seemed to be working well, a couple plants are having some issues that I will get to documenting here soon. I have been treating these girls with fresh transplants, fungal spores, rock dusts, an array of guanos, teas, and in the early morning the entire garden received a foliar feed consisting of advanced nutrients b52 & sample products from microbelife that are rich in humic acid/mycorrhizae/photosynthetic bacteria (looked like some good stuff :)). The plant in the big smart pot is growing with great speed, planning on more transplants soon :Namaste:

Congratulations on your MOTM nomination!

I hope everything is good in your neck of the woods my friend! :high-five:

Thanks Spimster :thanks: Honestly a complete surprise but always a treat, the contests here at 420mag are remarkably supportive, got to love our amazing sponsors! :high-five:

I have some micros of some sort of insect that have been attracted to my cannabis plants every year but have not found its name. This one was found on the bigger plant in the biggest smart pot. These are also spotted on the roses and other flower plants. I usually don't kill them just agitate them at night with a spraying from the hose.;
who2.jpg
who1.jpg
who4.jpg
who3.jpg

And as a pallet cleanser, some micros from 2013, couldn't leave yall hanging without any meds :hookah:
gdp127.jpg
31522.jpg
21707.jpg
who5.jpg
hash28.jpg

Until next time :peace: :joint: :surf: CA

I think you're right, Maggie's. There are lots of kinds of assassin bugs. Here is one that looks mostly the same:

Orange_Assassin_Bug_50D0001202_by_Cristian_M.jpg

They eat other bugs off of plants and are a good friend.

Your bug looks a little like an assassin bug.
Kudos :thanks:

I think you're right, Maggie's. There are lots of kinds of assassin bugs. Here is one that looks mostly the same:

Maggie, PJ.. Yall are awesome! and I feel like an arse for spraying them with the hose! :rollingeyes:

Nice pic, PeeJay! Yeah, they will eat anything they can catch. Don't let them get your finger, it stings pretty bad.

Nice pic, PeeJay! Yeah, they will eat anything they can catch. Don't let them get your finger, it stings pretty bad.

With inspections this morning I spotted the same assassin bugs on a space bomb and few more around the sage and onion. I tried to get bit by these said assassin bugs, they seem very scared and take refuge wherever possible to get away. With his size, I would assume he is keeping the gnat and other top soil/foliage areas under control. I am still seeing many moths flying about throughout the morning and right before night fall.. Planning on staying out tonight with a swatter!!
moth-female-male.jpg

I don't know about you guys but I think that mean killer bug looks like it came out of the Predator vs Alien movie LOL. Amazing photo

That was one of the things I was thinking :thumb: I have been doing quite a bit of insect research, think I will keep taking bug samples from the backyard and give them a nice scope session and leave my findings here :Namaste:

I liked this clip it really showed the "assassin" nature of the bug, what a little creeper.. hiding behind the leaves ridges just waiting to slowly pounce :laugh:

Assassin bugs hunting different insects (#144) - YouTube

Yesterday I stumbled across a male in the garden which was quite alarming, I give the garden inspections daily if not every two days, and a real good thorough look though at least once a week. The plant identified was the drizella that was screened, this pack was labeled female. Just a little panic as we are having some plants start pre flower formation due to partial shade in the mornings. The drizella was showing small what looked like sack a couple weeks ago but was too early too tell. I remember looking at this plant a couple days ago also and saw no real big pollen sacks, may have had smaller balls starting (I have bas eyes), so this really reinforced the idea that a male can produce its pollen extremely fast and whether or not you think you have pre destined females you better think twice and make sure.

Although, the drizella was already sticky and smelled to high heaven, small 11 fingered leaves about to shoot 13, yeah, may have been some good crosses if we had let it smack the entire garden, each cut, oh lord.. :surf:

I took my clean sprayer and wet down each plant, top soil, container, under container, hit the plants again with water, grabbed the hose, sprayer the tent, twice, concrete, side of the house, even resorted to spraying the plants again with the hose.. Panic mode! Everything got cleaned and wiped down. I carefully cut the plant from the screen and put in a bag in the garbage away from the grow. We still have 2 reg beans in the garden which are the space bomb, both appear to be showing pre flowers, but we will further document these. Anyways, enough chatter, here are some shots, stay well :peace: CA :partyboy:

100_04227.JPG
100_04166.JPG
100_04216.JPG
100_04196.JPG
100_04176.JPG

Some extra eye candy from 2013early14~
100_5210.JPG
10356.jpg
31279.jpg
7592.jpg

Thats kind of you taking the time to document on the killer bugs CA. The would be of great use for all of us outdoor firstimers.
On an other subject; you say some of your girls are showing preflowers... Around what date should I expect (outdoors in general) Cannabis to start preflower, and the fact that I am located way up north, does that make a diference to lets say you in Cali??

Im putting this question outhere cause I know Sativa dominants may take more than 60 days to complete flowering, and knowing Montreal late November is far to cold.

Nice all around update CA215, thank you for sharing.

Great Update! :cheer:
Thank you kindly Lester :Namaste:

Thats kind of you taking the time to document on the killer bugs CA. The would be of great use for all of us outdoor firstimers.
On an other subject; you say some of your girls are showing preflowers... Around what date should I expect (outdoors in general) Cannabis to start preflower, and the fact that I am located way up north, does that make a diference to lets say you in Cali??

Im putting this question outhere cause I know Sativa dominants may take more than 60 days to complete flowering, and knowing Montreal late November is far to cold.

In regards to the flowering plants I am not completely sure when you should be seeing pre flower clusters beginning, but around my area I was planning on seeing flowering beginning around the first week of august - mid august, with everything finishing around the end of September, possibly a little into November. Montreal north of the east coast, I would assume you would want to harvest early also to avoid damp rainy cold weather. Are you experiencing cooler/damp days currently? We have had a couple days of rain, was quite odd!

When your area begins to switch from longer days, to shorter days with longer nights you will know that your plants are beginning photoperiodism and will begin to start working their flowering hormones into the situation :Namaste: Keep an eye out for shortening node distance and pistil formation, stretch is right around the corner! I am thinking the one plant that is pushing out major pistil clusters is due to its shaded life in the morning, it is blocked for an extra 2~hours by the chimney and over hang of the roof, then come night fall the trees are shading her before any other cannabis plant, but then again, i'm sure the genetics are always playing a role. I will go out today and see if that flowering plant is genetically tied to anything else in the garden by a cross/back cross etc. to see if we have any other plants mimicking the same pistil clusters :Namaste: :)

So with the sativas you may be taking them a bit further into the colder weather, but I am sure with daily inspections you will be able to keep her secure! Make sure she doesn't go stretching over the balcony buddy :laugh:

Fellow growers feel free to also chime in on the topic :thanks:

Hope all is well with you Danish! :rollit:

Nice all around update CA215, thank you for sharing.

Thank you for the support & continued presence around my neck of the woods 60cal :Namaste: my pleasure! :high-five:

Expect a small picture update today :cheer::yummy:

Danish, one thing you can do is Google sunrise/sunset times for the nearest city. Plants will get serious about flowering when there is ~ 14 hours between the two - depending on strain, shade, etc.

Thank you kindly Lester :Namaste:

In regards to the flowering plants I am not completely sure when you should be seeing pre flower clusters beginning, but around my area I was planning on seeing flowering beginning around the first week of august - mid august, with everything finishing around the end of September, possibly a little into November. Montreal north of the east coast, I would assume you would want to harvest early also to avoid damp rainy cold weather. Are you experiencing cooler/damp days currently? We have had a couple days of rain, was quite odd!

When your area begins to switch from longer days, to shorter days with longer nights you will know that your plants are beginning photoperiodism and will begin to start working their flowering hormones into the situation :Namaste: Keep an eye out for shortening node distance and pistil formation, stretch is right around the corner! I am thinking the one plant that is pushing out major pistil clusters is due to its shaded life in the morning, it is blocked for an extra 2~hours by the chimney and over hang of the roof, then come night fall the trees are shading her before any other cannabis plant, but then again, i'm sure the genetics are always playing a role. I will go out today and see if that flowering plant is genetically tied to anything else in the garden by a cross/back cross etc. to see if we have any other plants mimicking the same pistil clusters :Namaste: :)

So with the sativas you may be taking them a bit further into the colder weather, but I am sure with daily inspections you will be able to keep her secure! Make sure she doesn't go stretching over the balcony buddy :laugh:

Fellow growers feel free to also chime in on the topic :thanks:

Hope all is well with you Danish! :rollit:

Thanks for the reply broda, here in Montreal still we have super hot days around 30 Celsius average and we are getting rain once a week or twice every two weeks, August is right around the corner and days don't seem to be getting shorter, sunrises is around 530am and sunsets around 845pm. So days are still quite long, knowing the city days will start to get shorter but not until September that the day is noticeable shorter than night, like sunrises around 630am then sunsets around 7pm and so on... My observations on the plants node structure, still the same no considerable stretch so Im guessing they will still veg a good month, leaving me with September and October for flowering. Since this was a very cold spring Im assuming we are going to have an early and cold autumn. Cannabis should be able to adapt to the conditions and Im very curious to see how a colder temperature (between 10-20 Celsius) in late October/November may or may not induce color changes in the leaves.

Im pretty pleased with what I have right now but if they double during flowering Im pretty F*ck*d, Im not paranoid but I don't want to push my luck... my bet is Im going all in I want to let them go to the max, I can't still camouflage my ladies with my tomato plant, but the smell is gonna be very intense... LOL

I will start to supplement them with Jacks Blossom Booster 1-3-2 twice a month starting August 1st to prepare them for Bloom.

Thanks for the info broda and hope you don't mind if I do ask some more questions, specially during flower, thats the real challenge cause they get deficient.

Stay Safe broda & Don't forget to light 'em up

Good Vibes

Danish, one thing you can do is Google sunrise/sunset times for the nearest city. Plants will get serious about flowering when there is ~ 14 hours between the two - depending on strain, shade, etc.

Nice tip PeeJay, just googled sunrise/sunset times until November, seems that by mid August we hit the 14 hours Daylight and by late September we are below 12 hours of Daylight, so I should be expecting them to start prepping for pre flower in the next two weeks or so... Hopefully showing pistils by late August.

:thanks:

I've been keeping up with a few different sources from around the states and it seems others are having the same issues with a strain or two in their gardens beginning bud formation early on. I have been thinking a few girls were N deficient, but, now I am wondering if this is just due to their fans changing to the lime-green color accompanied by the flowering phase.. definitely earlier flowering this year. Time will tell no doubt!

Any climatologists around 420mag? :)

Thanks for the reply broda, here in Montreal still we have super hot days around 30 Celsius average and we are getting rain once a week or twice every two weeks, August is right around the corner and days don't seem to be getting shorter, sunrises is around 530am and sunsets around 845pm. So days are still quite long, knowing the city days will start to get shorter but not until September that the day is noticeable shorter than night, like sunrises around 630am then sunsets around 7pm and so on... My observations on the plants node structure, still the same no considerable stretch so Im guessing they will still veg a good month, leaving me with September and October for flowering. Since this was a very cold spring Im assuming we are going to have an early and cold autumn. Cannabis should be able to adapt to the conditions and Im very curious to see how a colder temperature (between 10-20 Celsius) in late October/November may or may not induce color changes in the leaves.

Im pretty pleased with what I have right now but if they double during flowering Im pretty F*ck*d, Im not paranoid but I don't want to push my luck... my bet is Im going all in I want to let them go to the max, I can't still camouflage my ladies with my tomato plant, but the smell is gonna be very intense... LOL

I will start to supplement them with Jacks Blossom Booster 1-3-2 twice a month starting August 1st to prepare them for Bloom.

Thanks for the info broda and hope you don't mind if I do ask some more questions, specially during flower, thats the real challenge cause they get deficient.

Stay Safe broda & Don't forget to light 'em up

Good Vibes

Nice tip PeeJay, just googled sunrise/sunset times until November, seems that by mid August we hit the 14 hours Daylight and by late September we are below 12 hours of Daylight, so I should be expecting them to start prepping for pre flower in the next two weeks or so... Hopefully showing pistils by late August.

:thanks:

Love search engines :) I would take the info you found as a base but still count your hours of light at your op. Always better to know what's going on at your spot :Namaste: With those colder temps I wouldn't doubt some purpling would occur, love me some purple hues!

You may want to think about picking up some other herb and/or flower plants to better disguise the skunk stench there Danish, we are using some rosemary and sage that helps to an extent.. but the plants are already major stank and I am kind of getting a bit paranoid already this early. Yikes. Look into PJ's journal and check out his plant disguising, it's awesome!

I think you are on a good track applying some P and K right at the beginnings of flowering. Yesterday I decided to give the plants a nice dose of some microbe life photosynthesis plus which is a P & K supplement, & some Monterey fish and poop for the added N and microbe goodies.

& Always ask away Danish! If I can't provide any insight the awesome followers of 420magazine will be able to provide some great info, as always :surf: Except for this early flowering thing?!

Keep em puffin tough brodda :bong:

man those are some cool bugs i want one as a pet! i had a pet camel spider he got fed whatever i found all of one summer he/she took up residence in my desk drawer and ate flies and ants so i let it stay and one day it did not return from its nightly hunting expidition :(
beautiful macros

We have got plenty of those assassin bugs around here, after posting about them I stopped spraying them with the hose, and it seems they are starting to take over the roses, tons of aphids on those should be a tasty buffet! We have seen an increase of wolf spiders around our area, some big mofos! Cool story with the camel spider bid! I'm sure you raised him into a beast, he was probably ready to take on lifes struggles alone, maybe found another nice camel spider to hump :Namaste:

Looks like I just hit enter on the keyboard to post, woops, wasn't ready! I am heading out to get some quality photos with this sunrise.. also look for some bugs for micro documentation :thumb: :high-five:

Smaller update with some added comments. Still messing around with the photo editing, I liked the clouds at first, now it's just looking a little obnoxious.. might just stick with text on photos next photo dump :laugh:
IMG_046528.JPG

IMG_046635.JPG

IMG_047123.JPG

IMG_047428.JPG

IMG_047328.JPG

IMG_047621.JPG

IMG_047726.JPG

IMG_047821.JPG

I was thinking ogk at the time of editing, just went and looked at the re veg gdp and it also has similar same leaf formation. Looks like I might have to wait for smalls and abit more bud formation for comparison to the breeder shots.
IMG_047923.JPG

Everything in the garden cannabis wise is in either 5 gallon regular nursery pots, 5 gallon spring pots, 7 gallon grow bags, or 20 gallon smart pots. I would like to get a couple more plants into a few more gallons of stretching space which may happen early morning later in the week before the heat. Hopefully also before the plants set into pre flowering :joint: til' next time, keep em' green :hippy: CA215

Back
Top Bottom