CA215's Outdoor Session 1

Goodmorning 420magazine & mmj patients!

With my first outdoor grow over with and first time jitters subsided, it's time for an outdoor grow. I'll have to admit indoor growing is going to be top of my list, but with my multiple current crap situations an indoor grow over the summer would be very tough. So, on with the outdoor. Don't enjoy outdoor too much but keeping up with my neem and insecticide sprays I think I can keep them quite decent. :) I am going to fill out the the little questionnaire provided by 420mag as I really like the layout, easier for everyone to skim through!

What strain is it? Bagseed I have; 2x White Widow, 1x Blue Dream, 1x Unknown. Female Seed I have; 1x BOG Sour Boggle, 1x Pineapple X Cherry Kush. Clones I have; 1x Girl Scout Cookie, 1x Alien Dawg. Can't forget "Big Betsy" another Unknown bagseed in ground.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? No idea
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Most of my girls are still in veg.
If in Veg... For how long? Will get a little more in depth with the pictures but everything spans about 1-2 months back.
If in Flower stage... For how long? Big Betsy has been in flower for over a month. Alien Dawg seems to be flowering as well.
Indoor or outdoor? Outdoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil mix
If soil... what is in your mix? I used Fox Farm Happy Frog with added perlite & Great White mycorrhizae
If soil... What size pot? I am using Lowes 5 gallon buckets & true value "walmart" dollar bags (Bad choice :laugh:)
Temps? So far it has been getting up to 92f day time and about 55f at night.
PH? I tend to take my water down to 5.5 - 6.0
Any Pests? Buddy introduced spider mites from his wack clones. Boo.
How often are you watering? Watering about once every two days. Sometimes I let them run dry, once every three days.
Type and strength of ferts used? I just began giving my girls their first doses of Blue Planet Nutrients 3 part, and I'm also using some Unsuplhered Blackstrap Mollases and Neptunes harvest liquid seaweed.

Here is an overall of what I have going at the moment. Pictures from yesterday*
100_19081.JPG

100_19061.JPG

This is the BOG Sour Boggle Female Seed. After faling 3 feet from a table to due winds she received a transplant yesterday into a 5gal bucket.
100_1903.JPG

100_19025.JPG

Next we will show the clones rom my buddy that were contaminated with mites..
Seeing most of the action on this Fem seed, this is the "Pineapple X Cherry Kush"
100_19003.JPG

100_18994.JPG

100_18982.JPG

Another one from the buddy, "Girl Scout Cookie" has some weird looking leaves.. the one looks like a string bean!
100_18922.JPG

100_18953.JPG

100_18974.JPG

100_18915.JPG

And the last one from my friend, "Alien Dawg", seems to be wanting to flower already!
100_18884.JPG

100_18902.JPG

Here is the experiment I wanted to show OG1969, my little experimental Unkown Bagseed, Trying to grow this girl along the stake I have bent at a 90, she is looking great! That fly in the pictures would not leave me alone, Had a very short temper with that s o b.... LOL
100_18841.JPG

100_18873.JPG

100_18865.JPG

100_18851.JPG

And now to my favorites so far.. We will start out with the White Widow bagseed. I have been holding onto these seeds for years.. Got them from some nice dispensary top shelf buds. We will see how they turn out :)
100_18691.JPG

100_18702.JPG

100_18716.JPG

100_18724.JPG

100_18734.JPG

Here is the second White Widow, and here is what I was talking about on the other thread, These bags are super sketchy!!!
100_18742.JPG

100_18765.JPG

100_18772.JPG

The Blue Dream bagseed, Only had one of these babies.
100_18812.JPG

100_18793.JPG

100_18803.JPG

Tese twisty ties are doing a number on the stems with the wind, this they will be alright though.
100_18823.JPG

I'm up for any help/input/criticism. :high-five:

Welcome & Thank you for stopping by the journal! :peace: CA215

Rubber dub subbed! Don't worry about no wind tang, the plants can take it. Thank god weed is a weed. + they be looking healthy as. Good effort.

Hey Ca all is looking good there buddy, they are a very hardy plant and can take alot, Rethink the pot size though a little, I am planning on smart pots but looking in the 15 to even like 25 gallon size, if I had done two plants in 15 gallon smart pots I can bet they would have been a hell of a lot bigger the roots in my five gallon were amazing at how much root mass there was. I don't have many more options when it comes to outdoors so the seeds that are germinating are going into smart pots the soil around the area I am growing in has a lot of clay, the smart pots will work better for 5 more plants putting me at one under the limit. Figure these plants will be in veg until mid to late august . LIke your lst on that one looks like it is going in circles as well nice , Good times a coming , Peace CA, will be dropping into check up on the grow. OG

All looking good :) Sub'd

Welcome aboard pickslee :high-five: Stick around should get interesting, we are already having some issues that are going to be, ohh so fun to fix haha :loopy:

Rubber dub subbed! Don't worry about no wind tang, the plants can take it. Thank god weed is a weed. + they be looking healthy as. Good effort.

Hello Barney :Namaste: Thanks for stoppin' in! Figured it would be ok, also should make them quite stronger in the outcome, just don't like seeing my girls get all bruised up ya kno? :laugh:

Hey Ca all is looking good there buddy, they are a very hardy plant and can take alot, Rethink the pot size though a little, I am planning on smart pots but looking in the 15 to even like 25 gallon size, if I had done two plants in 15 gallon smart pots I can bet they would have been a hell of a lot bigger the roots in my five gallon were amazing at how much root mass there was. I don't have many more options when it comes to outdoors so the seeds that are germinating are going into smart pots the soil around the area I am growing in has a lot of clay, the smart pots will work better for 5 more plants putting me at one under the limit. Figure these plants will be in veg until mid to late august . LIke your lst on that one looks like it is going in circles as well nice , Good times a coming , Peace CA, will be dropping into check up on the grow. OG

OG welcome brotha! :smokin: Funny how we are thinking the same thing most the time, Came to the realization this morning that the green bags are not going to work. They just are too small and are way too fragile, already ripping down seems and what not so it is going to turn catastrophic in a couple more grows.. Really trying to think of a good game plan on getting these girls transplanted. I did some pretty big transplanting on my first outdoor grow, but they were about 3 1/2 gal containers, and that was a little difficult.

What I have so far, think this should work superb. Buy some smart pots, 15 gal i'm thinking, 20 is pushing it in the space I have (haven't checked dimensions on these but with the tomatos, zucchini, peppers, etc. I already have, twenty gallons might just be too massive) so we will keep it a little smaller. Take the green bagged girls and simply set them in the smart pot, let the girls dry out a bit to make them a little easier to work with, gently take a box cutter and slice these bags down both sides and simply slide it from the bottom.. Fill in with more soil. Last year it was me and my girlfriend attempting to get the plants upside down, holding the top soil with both hands and slightly gripping and shaking the container to loosen it... THIS SUCKED. So the girls that are already in 5 gallon buckets, came to this conclusion. I don't know if you have read much on BOG methods of growing cannabis, but instead of transplanting the girls he simply cuts the bottom of the container that the plant is in, sets that cut bottom onto a bigger pot, say a ten gal filled with soil. Thus letting the roots grow down and out into the bigger bucket beneath... I think this would be so cool. Would look pretty sweet.. You could water from the top 5 gal, then water the halo around the bottom 10 gallon.. Might give this a try, or just let them get root bound :loopy: I just do not feel comfortable transplanting 5 gallons I can see bad things arise from that.

subscribed

Good afternoon KingJohnC :welcome: Thanks for stopping in, all help & input is greatly welcome :Namaste:

Thanks everyone for stopping in! Appreciate all the activity 420 magazine brings, hope we all can learn and teach each other new methods to growing this amazing medicine :thumb:

:peace: CA215

Joining in.

Didn't refresh the page, you sneaky skunk you :laugh:

Welcome to the outdoor grow skunkpilot!! How is your room coming along bro? Still anticipating the release of a skunkpilot grow journal :thumb: Hope all is well!

:peace: CA

Decided that i'm not going to chance it.. Called a close hydro store, noticed they had smaller smart pots last visit, turns out he has 20 gallon smart pots for about 11 bucks a piece.. I haven't seen them any cheaper than that so might as well go bigger than 15, although 15 sounds about perfect, I could just roll down the sides of the smart pots a bit to accommodate less soil? Might as well pick up a few extra bags of some FF.. Update to pursue later :peace: CA215

Did some transplanting yesterday, two white widows and blue dream are now In the 20 gal smart pots. I think Big Betsy is going into re-veg, great right? Idk how this is going to work hshe has some fat buds already? Bought to just rip her out fo the ground.. Almost contemplating building a little teepee over her far side to block the extra light she is getting... Idk this sucks LOL. Sprayed yesterday with the Mighty Wash to try to kill off these damn spider mites my buddy gave me, might as well stop calling him a buddy, lame ass cant spray for mites? Common.. you don't deserve to grow this awesome herb!! Anyways, im done venting, Here's some pictures :laugh:

Went to the hydro store and spent a pretty penny..
100_19124.JPG

100_19135.JPG

Dude was getting rid of this flower line, paid him 10 bucks each, he had them for 40 a piece woo.. Might as well try them out!
100_19145.JPG

100_19158.JPG

100_19183.JPG

5/25 Before
100_19192.JPG

100_19201.JPG

100_19213.JPG

100_19221.JPG

I just placed the green bags in the 20 gal, cut around the bottom, made sure it would catch, then wiggle the bottom piece out. Worked well.
100_19322.JPG

100_19302.JPG

Big Betsy.. this is what reveg would look like to me, what do you all think?
100_1923.JPG

100_1924.JPG

100_19254.JPG

100_19262.JPG

100_19282.JPG

100_19292.JPG

And then last but not least, 5/25 After
100_19332.JPG

100_19341.JPG

100_19351.JPG

100_19361.JPG

100_19371.JPG

100_19381.JPG

Thanks for stoppin' in!

Those green long guys are bamboo with a green hard layer over them, really sturdy and they are skinny as heck! :Namaste:
I like how these ones actually have about 2 inch piece of stem from the leaves left on, works well as a little prong to hold down a second branch. Money savers as well. Can't go wrong with that! :)

No advice here! Think I'll just sit back and watch a this small fortune bloom the f*** out!

Are your plants all topped or trained?

No advice here! Think I'll just sit back and watch a this small fortune bloom the f*** out!

Are your plants all topped or trained?

Sit back and enjoy my friend :Namaste: I usually will always LST now after seeing some great results, All of my girls have some sort of training done to them, that be trailing them up a bamboo stalk, or tying them to the side of the bag for a more wider bushier plant. I have also fimmed both WW's and the Blue Dream. I still have yet to re-tie all my lst on the transplantee's that went into the 20 gal, matter a fact. Might get out there after this post and get them done for another update :thumb: I know OG uses fishing hooks, might have to go dig through some boxes and find my tackle :peace: don't want to go putting holes in these smart pots just yet. Still too new to me :laugh: Thanks for stopping by Barney, hope all is well!

Good shit CA, will try and find some with handles next time they can get heavy. But they will grow very well in that pot. Will be a nice harvest, Peace OG.

I'm thinking the handles would be a little easier for people to walk off with them as well.. Having troubles with a neighbor too, might move grow site soon maybe when budding commences on these girls I will move them to my safe location.

You're my foot twin :high-five:

I'm not sure I follow, what's a foot twin? :)

Get on it, man! I know I take any excuse to spend time with the plants. Thanks for the info.

A foot twin! It means I saw your foot and thought it was mine! Lol. We have identical toes.

I'm creeping myself out now.

All good things to you, CA! and your lovely ladies.

Get on it, man! I know I take any excuse to spend time with the plants. Thanks for the info.

A foot twin! It means I saw your foot and thought it was mine! Lol. We have identical toes.

I'm creeping myself out now.

All good things to you, CA! and your lovely ladies.

Same here, been very busy with a graduation coming up, planning planning, heading to the store for goods, planning planning, cleaning :laugh: Hectic I tell yah! Foot twin duh, I was thinking WAY too hard to try to figure that out... HAHA appreciate the laugh Barney! Will keep the feet in pics from now on, we will see how they evolve LOL! I have tattoos on my feet and legs, everywhere. Do all my own artwork on myself! I'm in the process of filling my legs in completely and am working down diligently. Eventually they will be full, really is a matter of a couple years and I should be good :laugh: Alright, I need to go work with my girls! Update in a couple hours :Namaste:

Wow! I have no tattoos. I'm one of those people who really wants one, but won't get it done until I find the perfect one and agree it is still perfect years later... THEN i MAY get a tattoo. Lol. Lets the two of us turn 420magazine into CA and Barney's identical freak show! Pictures of bud may still be allowed, so long as a big hairy toe is in there too!

Looking forward to the rest of your journal. Quality outdoor gardening up in here.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom