CA215's Outdoor Session 1

First let me say they are looking awesome!! :bravo: The pic of the leaf with the curl, or margin rolling, could be water stress. Heres a couple links to see if this may be it:
Water stress
it could be hea as well. Apparently this is a way for the leaf to dispel heat: Heat curl
And just to let you not worry, heres a great pic of the margin roll, and the grower claims after a while it just got better lol
Edges rolled up

In my completlyUN-professional opinion, She'll be fine. :) give her a day or two and see if they lay back down. Speaking of laying down, a back yard like that is a hammock away from bliss sir. :)
:bravo::thumb:

I'm thinking it was water stress as well, went out the next morning to check on the girl and she was doing just dandy! Looked even better.. I'm still seeing N deficiency after giving the girls a nice 3+gallon watering each. Stressing on my damn order, probably wont be here until the 1st of the month.. That's what I get asking for the free shipping :laugh: save money any way I can, honestly thinking about giving them the piss method, seemed to work wonders on my unknown bagseed!! Hmmmmmmm, funny you say that also, we have a hammock in the garage somewhere.. Would be nice right in between the two orange trees :yummy:

I take my hat off, to you. Those plants are like mammoth ganja! looking healthy, happy and amazing. I have a big tree near my grow , from which pollen and annoying small flowers fall everytime....... I feel you on that. When does your flower season starts? cant wait.

Thanks Sinse!! :Namaste: They are getting big!! They are also visible from the fence line as well.. Caught a neighbor sneaking a peek yesterday which kinda sketched me out.. Ordered some 90% green UV shade screen for the fence line running along the street.. The cracks in between posts are a little too wide for my comfort. Wish I lived in the country still... I'd have my limit indoor with my girlfriends limit indoor... Soon, soon soon :) The tree is really getting on my nerves but adds some great coverage from one of my neighbors yards and with the brightly colored flowers I think it almost distracts you from my 2'+ girls :) Flowering time should be around the corner in the up coming months, I would expect them to start possibly end of august but roughly closer to mid or end of September.. Should start to get fun around here :thumb:
Hope your ready for some monstrous plants buddy!:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I don't know if I am :passitleft: LOL.. I really need to begin bending these girls over and keep them under that fence line.. when stretch comes along.... holy hell, I will be one stressed individual :bong: glass will be working overtime :laugh:

No kidding, those things are really taking off.

Job well done CA!

Appreciate it much senor Great! they are getting beastly! :Namaste: Need to stop by and see how that green P is coming along :thumb:

Dam CA, you are gonna have some trees very soon, looking awesome , and they haven't even hit the stretch yet. Beautiful group of plants.
And it is 4 gallons a plant the ground around them is super hard and dry so they tend to dry out a little quicker 4 gallons gives me about 2 days before the need water again. Peace and killer grow so far OG.
Kinda getting paranoid about that stretch! Like I stated earlier they are visible from the fence line now without the stretch.. So they will be SKYING during flower and just asking the neighborhood hoodlums to come and give them a look.. I really don't want to start hurting people, but more than likely mr.308 and/or Louiseville Slugger will still be taking names if my property lines are crossed. I am a simple man, and like to keep things at that.. a stressful/sketchy situation takes me from that simple man to a raging lunatic if need be :laugh: Girls haven't gotten water in a couple days now and are staying very moist and enjoying this rain and brief cold weather, i know they are wanting that warm of sunshine back though.. plus they need a dose of nutrients, possibly tonight if this rain seems to hold off. 4x4 tent is set up and I am currently picking and choosing what is going to be paced under 12/12, probably all the 5 gallon girls.. Being dry sucks! But being broke sucks even more.. Time to grow me some more homegrown :thumb: Updates on the indoor will be slim, as this is my outdoor journal. Might start a seperate "2nd Indoor Session", possibly towards the later stage of flowering! Keep the good stuff burnin' :peace: CA215

What's to come, we all know that killer blinding yellow light!!

dunt dunt... :bitingnails:

100_2365.JPG

I putted mines today as well into the yellow chamber of the flowering god. Neighbours and curious people are our worst enemies, specially those who dont understand! All the best for your beautifull garden, may the Lion of Judah watch over em.
:ganjamon:

Hi CA. Finally got a chance to get all caught up.

Your outdoor ladies look lovely. I wouldn't try to fix that light yellowing of the new growth spots. I've always interpreted that as a sign of rapid growth that has outpaced the plants ability to deliver resources.

I'll use an analogy to explain my understanding. Imagine the plant is a giant construction project. An entire city or community is being built. The busiest areas, where the most construction is taking place, is these active growth spots. This is where brand new roads, houses, infrastructure etc are all being built. Sure there is still construction taking place behind this 'frontier' of new construction, but that's mostly just improvements to existing structures, ie upgrading buildings, roads, etc or making stems and leaves bigger.

So the way I think of that slight yellowing is you have this flury of construction happening. They have enough resources to continue building, but just barely, and they are having to delay some items until more materials arrive. Going along with the analogy and comparing it to the plants, it's like they got the wood and such to build the house, but the toilets haven't arrived yet. They can build the house, but it's not finished. Think of the plant the same way. The structure is built, but they don't have enough resources to build out all the chloroplasts. There is a bottleneck while all the roads leading to this front line of construction are enlarged to carry enough material to supply all the construction activity. Ones the roads are improved, the toilets arrive, and the houses are completed. Same with the plant. Once the resource transport channels are large enough, the plant will finish building out that area of the plant, and it gets greener, ie more chloroplasts.

Does that make sense? To try and paraphrase a bit. The slight yellowing at growth tips is because that new growth area doesn't really have the 'plumbing' behind it to support all the new plant structure being built, but eventually it catches up and gets greener.

Anyway, I'm not sure how clear all this is, but this is how I interpret that sort of yellowing at new growth sites. I usually look at it as a good sign. :)

Hey CA

Why don't you post up a picture of your new aerocloner - would love to see what you have done.

Ca215 those pics are crazy man.:rocker:The sativas are sweet looking.Looks like the CA sun is treating you right brother.:high-five:

Thanks otto!! Maybe a little too nice :laugh: wasn't able to check on my girls for a couple days.. No buenoooooo. This heat did a number on the blue dream and one of the white widows.. I went out and picked off, 50+ leaves from them all this morning, yellowing is intensifying from the bottom and working its way up fast!! I also ordered a Nitrogen supplement and it turns out to be made for aquatic plants.. Sheeeeeeoot.. I can see some major issues arising from all this, as the new growth sites are a mere 1/2"-1".. This yellowing starts at the bottom fan leafs and works up about 4 nodes, fan leaf to fan leaf. Once 3-4 nodes up it then starts affecting the newest small growth at the bottom nodes working up. Input from anyone would be awesome :laugh: Almost thinking about adding some azomite to the top layer of soil for the micro nute side of things although slow release, then giving them a good flush.. Sorry for the ramble HA, thanks for stoppin' in ottobro! :hippy:
plus reps for u ca215
Well thank for sir, much appreciated :bong:
I putted mines today as well into the yellow chamber of the flowering god. Neighbours and curious people are our worst enemies, specially those who dont understand! All the best for your beautifull garden, may the Lion of Judah watch over em.
:ganjamon:
The flowering god shall hopefully bring us some prosperous tasty yields this go around :tokin: Thank you for the wishes Sinse! it will be needed :Namaste: I ordered some shade screen for the fence line so, my money is on that right now :) and the dogs continuing to do their job :laugh: and myself keeping a steady eye, ay :high-five: gooood daaay sinnnsaaayy !
Good stuff CA, Miss the indoor girls, but they will be back soon, cloned, and at the teenage stage when they go into veg for a bit the flower, Peace OG
Might even be able to hit a couple harvests indoor this season with some beasty pre-vegged plants :) I am also hoping to get my clone area set up within a week to start pulling off my flowering room, the GSC & alien dawg is some mad stank i'm telling you, should be some kill! With the alien dawg completely reminding me of your madshack, thought about renaming it madstank LOL.. Hope everything is chill and a o k for you brOG :Namaste: :passitleft:
Hey CA215, just caught up. Been busy and I see, so have you. Great job. The girls look sweet.

:Namaste:
Skunk, thanks for stopping in man! May I say again, kick ass room dude.. Loved seeing that transformation!! Freakin' killlller!
Can't wait to see that first homegrown harvest sir! :blunt: :thumb: best of luck mr pilot!
Hi CA. Finally got a chance to get all caught up.

Your outdoor ladies look lovely. I wouldn't try to fix that light yellowing of the new growth spots. I've always interpreted that as a sign of rapid growth that has outpaced the plants ability to deliver resources.

I'll use an analogy to explain my understanding. Imagine the plant is a giant construction project. An entire city or community is being built. The busiest areas, where the most construction is taking place, is these active growth spots. This is where brand new roads, houses, infrastructure etc are all being built. Sure there is still construction taking place behind this 'frontier' of new construction, but that's mostly just improvements to existing structures, ie upgrading buildings, roads, etc or making stems and leaves bigger.

So the way I think of that slight yellowing is you have this flury of construction happening. They have enough resources to continue building, but just barely, and they are having to delay some items until more materials arrive. Going along with the analogy and comparing it to the plants, it's like they got the wood and such to build the house, but the toilets haven't arrived yet. They can build the house, but it's not finished. Think of the plant the same way. The structure is built, but they don't have enough resources to build out all the chloroplasts. There is a bottleneck while all the roads leading to this front line of construction are enlarged to carry enough material to supply all the construction activity. Ones the roads are improved, the toilets arrive, and the houses are completed. Same with the plant. Once the resource transport channels are large enough, the plant will finish building out that area of the plant, and it gets greener, ie more chloroplasts.

Does that make sense? To try and paraphrase a bit. The slight yellowing at growth tips is because that new growth area doesn't really have the 'plumbing' behind it to support all the new plant structure being built, but eventually it catches up and gets greener.

Anyway, I'm not sure how clear all this is, but this is how I interpret that sort of yellowing at new growth sites. I usually look at it as a good sign. :)
Great description!! It makes complete sense to me, i just feel like now, at the rate of whats happening I am losing more plant mater than what is being pushed out, and at this pace, my girls will be straight branches LOL... I don't want a charlie brown tree for x mas :skeptical: Not to mention that heat wave really did a number on them.. I am not giving up! I am trying my best to find a way to counter act the bs :laugh:
Hey CA

Why don't you post up a picture of your new aerocloner - would love to see what you have done.
Cuz i'm lazy :loopy: I have had pictures on my computer but haven't uploaded for some reason, and now that I am looking at them they suck! As I don't have current plant pictures, after these replies I will get right on it, fore warning, it is not the prettiest cloner on the market :rofl: but it works! Thanks for stoppin' in Great :peace:
"Damn plants, stop growing taller" This is what we deal with in CA, lol. Plants being too big. Just want them to flower already!!! I'm no greedy man!!

:yikes::yikes::yikes:
I feel like they want to grow this tall, they want to show off their beauty :laugh: but all in all, having them tall has all the advantages.. stronger branches, fat mofukin collllas!! :high-five:

Thanks everyone for checking in!! But as you see above^ just replies, nothing too exciting :)
After I make some breakfast for the rowdy bunch, pictures will get snapped, and posted!
Love&respect, :peace: CA215

Picture time! Documented the yellowing pretty welll, shit is everywhere..
100_25142.JPG
100_25133.JPG
100_25161.JPG
100_25173.JPG
100_25061.JPG
100_25103.JPG
100_25071.JPG
100_25112.JPG
100_24921.JPG
100_24883.JPG
100_25031.JPG
100_25183.JPG
100_25122.JPG
100_25193.JPG

Here is the cloner, I put a strip of foam material along the top of the container to contain the water, waterproof caulking for the handle holes and around the inside of the container, this thing has no leaks! Might not be the prettiest, but I sure do like it so far, can't wait to put it to use!!! Just need to figure out a timer situation now, thinking 2 on 3 off, but, what ind of timer do i use? :popcorn:
100_25222.JPG
100_25241.JPG
100_25313.JPG
100_25343.JPG
100_25292.JPG
100_25321.JPG
100_25332.JPG
100_23921.JPG
100_23902.JPG

If anyone would like to join in, The 4x4 journal is up and running, CA215's Second Indoor Sess, feel free to stop in and say whaaasaaahhpp! Forgot about these, Borrowed this toy from pops :laugh: Soil, shade leaf, top direct light leaf, expensive little tool lol..
100_24811.JPG
100_24821.JPG

100_24874.JPG

Love&respect, :peace: CA215

Too me, growing ganja is a real job, its not only "Growing medicine", or "Growing some smoke", they demand certain attention, we decide wether to give it to them or not, and indeed the more we give, the better the results. But, we shouldnt understimate plants, they are waaaay wiser than we think, letting them do what they have to do is good as well I suppose.
Glad to know you can put them away from evil eyes, its hard to decide sometimes if cover or not, because the cover might call even more attention than just the plant LOL. Im sure it will all go smooth for you bro, It seems your growint a Cannasic Park, dem are dinosaurs!!!
+reps, to beyond repute and beyond. Irie :ganjamon:

Amazing, the diameter of the stems of each of your tops, Holy Hell, I'm Excited for this grow, I cannot wait to see them bloom!!! Fat Colas is right! I wouldn't worry about fixing the yellow underleaves, looks like it's going to be that massive of a plant it can just shed all those bottom leaves off since they're not getting much light anyway. Smart plants...that is probably why your stems are so thick, they have canceled out the sending of energy to those worthless leaves, and send that used energy to the formation of cellulose bonds ( linked sugars). When she flowers, she'll "hydrolyze" those cellulose bonds in massive quantities, supplying you with massive colas.:Namaste:
BTW is that your neighbors sliding door right next to the fence? :geek::nomo::laugh:

Too me, growing ganja is a real job, its not only "Growing medicine", or "Growing some smoke", they demand certain attention, we decide wether to give it to them or not, and indeed the more we give, the better the results. But, we shouldnt understimate plants, they are waaaay wiser than we think, letting them do what they have to do is good as well I suppose.
Glad to know you can put them away from evil eyes, its hard to decide sometimes if cover or not, because the cover might call even more attention than just the plant LOL. Im sure it will all go smooth for you bro, It seems your growint a Cannasic Park, dem are dinosaurs!!!
+reps, to beyond repute and beyond. Irie :ganjamon:

Believe that! Totally, turned my back on my plants for a day and they are hating me for it lol.. No fun! Going to be giving them water every day now for the next couple days until it dips back into the 90's, don't want to see them that droopy again I know they were hurting! They were all passed the point of cursing me out, they were blackedthe fuck out so to say, getting pulled towards that white light so to say lol.. I am letting them be for now.. Gave them a weak 2.5mL/gal cal-mag & 2.5mL blackstrap watering today to keep them cool, ordered some Natures Nectar Nitrogen supplement, my research kept coming back to that product with some good reviews.. 35 bucks might as well try it out! Hope it is something I can add throughout the entire grow up until flush time, should keep my girls in check, hopefully :wood:
Amazing, the diameter of the stems of each of your tops, Holy Hell, I'm Excited for this grow, I cannot wait to see them bloom!!! Fat Colas is right! I wouldn't worry about fixing the yellow underleaves, looks like it's going to be that massive of a plant it can just shed all those bottom leaves off since they're not getting much light anyway. Smart plants...that is probably why your stems are so thick, they have canceled out the sending of energy to those worthless leaves, and send that used energy to the formation of cellulose bonds ( linked sugars). When she flowers, she'll "hydrolyze" those cellulose bonds in massive quantities, supplying you with massive colas.:Namaste:
BTW is that your neighbors sliding door right next to the fence? :geek::nomo::laugh:
I've noticed it also, these things are tough as heck once thoroughly watered, should be able to hold some nice big ol budz! Likewise sir, your fence line is going to be one beautiful site, smelly at that!! What you say does make sense, and I guess I will know forsure when and if I see a slower progression up the stalks, then I will know they weren't getting that needed light and that was the issue.. But if this does keep progressing up the leaf and taking out all my nodes i'm going to be screwed! Really hard to not treat the girls, I feel like they are screaming at me but it's in a different language :laugh: Came to the conclusion, I will treat ONE of the white widows or just the blue dream (whichever has more considerable crap dead look comes time) with the natures nectar I ordered to see if I can see some kind of change, if so I will incorporate a shot of extra nitrogen in my BPN regimen.
you want a ART-DNe adjustable cycle timer to be able to adjust how long on and off you have your pump.

https://www.google.com ART-DNe
Dude sweeeet, that is EXACTLY what I was looking for, not too shabby of a price too if I might add!! Thanks John!
Will probably be ordering this within the next week or so, should be a nice addition to the aero :thumb: :bong:

Thanks everyone for stoppin in! Just finished another round of iso hash oil, bunch of small shake buds from a buddy, :roorrip: you know where i'll be :high-five:

:bigtoke: :peace: CA215

Beautiful stuff there Ca, I don't sweat the outdoor to bad unless it is bugs but the majority of your plants look awesome, i have pulled some yellow leaves off but 99 % of the plant is nice and green , it happens you can't save all the leaves, lol. Will get some pics of my girls up soon has been way over do for an update and they are doing great love the BOG plants starting to bust out and grow and have some big ass 11 finger leaves on them girls. Shack is a beast but doing it Phat bottom girl style ( wide) which is nice the one Blueberry plant is gonna be a tall girl maybe in the 9 foot range when she is done if they stretch like the indoor did, she is pushing 4 1/2 feet and almost as wide and the stalk is like a beer can almost. Killer grow Bro Plus reps will jump over and check the 4x4 even though I dont have mine up and running way to dam hot for that right now, Peace OG.

Back
Top Bottom