killbill

Im grow in a really small space with very limited money.this is my journey through this for the cheap home grower i home it works. My set up is basic. One regular house buld 90 watt for heat one 45 watt cfl in a refletive light hood. The seeds are radom this and thats just good smoke. Any tips would be great these are my babies after 7 days from planting germanated seeds in soil regular 20 20 20 mircal grow. I have them .on a 19/5 light cycle.

Hey Killbill, welcome!!! Sounds like you will find yourself right at home here at 420 Magazine, we have all types of growers from large scale to beginners and tons of information available :)

If I may make a few suggestions,

get yourself some different soil for when you transplant and a good nutrient line to use... check out our sponsor Blue Planet Nutrients who makes some amazing products and there are tons of BPN users here to help :) ... I have seen people grow good plants in MG, but most of the time growers seem to run into problems. Unless its the MG organic, then you should be ok... a good soil should be just a regular organic soil and some good brands are happy frog, ocean forest, pro mix and there are a few others....You also could add in some things like worm casings, and perlite to help your soil improve more :)

Next I would ditch the 90W incendecent bulb and get 2 more CFL bulbs, 1 cool white and 1 warm white...these give off a more appropriate light spectrum for a full grow.. Also it looks like you may have aluminum foil on the walls of your grow area...if it is, I would ditch that and either use flat white paint, or get some of those cheap emergency blankets that are made out of mylar...much more light is reflected by white or mylar :)

Looks like your off to a great start and I definitely am here to cheer ya on...let me know if I may help out in any way :)

Here is a somewhat preformatted message I send to new members with some good links to help ya out :) and we all will help when you need us :)

So here is how you get started :)

Here are some useful links that will help you learn about growing, and how to get it right the first time :)
First rule of thumb is, do the research first, if you can't find the answer anywhere, then ask. I can almost gurantee that
The question has been asked before. There are tons of resources and kind and knowledgeable growers at 420 magazine
and I am sure you will find it a great home!

Make sure to check out the forum rules and guidelines. We have a great community here and I welcome you to check out..
Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting

Are you new to growing and don't know where to start, here is a link that will teach you everything you need to know :)
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

If you couldn't find what your looking for in the last link, you can find many of your answers by visiting The Grow Room.
THE GROW ROOM

Do you have sick plants that need answers, check out our Problems, Pest's and Disease control forum at
Problems, Pests & Disease Control

Another great way to get started in your new membership is by starting a grow journal. This allows you to document your grow, add photo's
and share your experience with all of us!! Remember to be detailed, so if you run into problems we can help you fix them and have a successful
grow :)
How to Make a Grow Journal
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Are you looking to purchase new growing equipment, nutrients, growing or smoking accessories, check out our sponsors!
As a member you can take advantage of specials that are run time to time :)
Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE

Well I hope you enjoy exploring our wonderful community and feel free to make yourself home :)

By the way, don't forget to check out the monthly contests where you can vote, enter, and win prizes!
420 Contests

TThxs for the tips im just worried about the tempature in my grow room its inside with me i keep my place like 69 degrees would that be okay with no light for heat

I would have expected them to be a bit bigger after 7 days. All in all looks interesting.
How big is the grow space? Could be tough to fit all those plants when they get big.

I agree with Icemud that you should replace the incandescent with two CFLs. Miracle Grow isn't as bad as most make it out to seem, as long as you don't over do it with any additional fertilizers. But I won't get into this arguement here =)

I hope to see some updates as this grow progresses, best of luck mate!

TThxs for the tips im just worried about the tempature in my grow room its inside with me i keep my place like 69 degrees would that be okay with no light for heat

I would say as long as the temps are between around 65 to 75 your in the perfect zone :) When you hit 85+ then you have to worry about heat... My night time temps usually hit about mid to low 60s and so far no issues :)
Also with CFL bulbs you can put them very close to the plants when they mature a little more :)

2013-01-07_17-10-20_842.jpg
2013-01-07_17-09-47_643.jpg

Here are my babies today i added another cfl bulb and lowered my lights. I think my plants maybe streching.also im not sure if they are females so im not worried about space going to move bigger if nessacry its a 3x2x3 space.also as i said before this is a cheap grow money is veru tight

The light is about 3 to 4 inches off the tallest plants we cant really get it a ny closer...... does anyone know a good way to beef up my plants besides using slight wind? We now have a ceiling unit that is blowing about 72 degrees depending on the temp outside and the air flows right into the cabinet.... we can control the airflow with the unit, high, med, low...... same with temps......... I do know that we kinda streatched them to begin with and im just trying to figure out how to even them back out... any advice

Yep learned my lesson there light much closer needed there as tall as the cup right ? Check out my updates any advise much appreciated !

journals-progress/181470-new-game-first-time.html

No there still going well ! Lower the lights so more leafs come out of the stem before the stem stretches ! Have the cups got drainage holes? Gonna wait till stem hardens a bit before I cover them up completely I've added coco coir in the tops of the pots! Soil underneath still ! Stems should get thickish with the fan forcing them to move for strength ?

Back
Top Bottom