Cabinet Ventilation/Odor Control Question

DEbut788

Hey guys,
I'm a first time grower and am setting up my grow cabinet. I have been pooring over the forums to try and find answers to my questions, but they are a little specific :grinjoint: I plan on Making a 6ft high 2ft long 2ft wide grow cabinet out of wood. I am putting a door on the front. the cabinet height is high because when I climb out of poverty and the plants are good to go I'm going to attach a 6ft high 4ft long 2ft wide flowering room to put my 600w HPS in. I am torn on a lot of things, the first of which is lighting. Should I go with the 400w MH for $119 at High Tech Garden or put a ton of 125w and other smaller CFLs in (still for the veg room)? If I put the CFLs in is it recommended to make them mobile ? I feel like venting the HID light would be a pain, because the cabinet is already in my room, and its the Northeast in Winter so I can't get that much fresh air in the room.

The second and third are about venting. I'm planning on pulling fresh air into the cabinet with a 70 cfm fan near the top, With the hole drilled into the left panel and exhausting it through the bottom out the back, as I read this is recommended. Is just the hole sufficient or should I put a fan in there to help exhaust it? I need odor control, how should I rig a carbon filter and on what hole? Does this plan sound good to anyone, or does it need improvement?

I will continue to pore around the forums to look up answers. Thanks for anyone that feels like answering! :ganjamon:

The carbon filter should be attached to your exhaust, and I would attach a fan there also to push the hot air out. ;-) What I'm not sure about is why your exhaust is on the bottom. Doesn't heat rise?

Oh Oops! Totally got the order reversed, wasn't even thinking about the heat rising, and wrote down in my notes the wrong way. thanks Ms. Fox and pcmoe!
:bong:

Sweet guys, thanks for the heads up... got my set up all figured out. Think I'm gonna go with one big 125w cfl and then a bunch of little ones for the veg room. Going with passive intake, 3 50 cfm fans on top for the exhaust blowing into the carbon filter, two intake holes (trying to compensate for the resistance the carbon filter will provide). Thanks for all your help, grow journal coming soon! :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom