Caconym's Multi-Strain Compact Soil Grow 2017

Hey bud, can you explain a bit on how you dry your out in a box? Is the box totally closed? Above or below the lights? And what sort of period does yours hang, more or less. How do you dry your small nugs?

Hey bud, can you explain a bit on how you dry your out in a box? Is the box totally closed? Above or below the lights? And what sort of period does yours hang, more or less. How do you dry your small nugs?
I fully closed the box and left it on the side in my bedroom, was worried it would dry too fast in the space with the heat from the lights. I opened the box up a couple of times a day and fanned it a bit to change the air, think it took between 4 and 6 days until I jarred the buds. I left all the smoke-worthy nugs on lengths of stalk and hung everything together, the really small buds went with the trim for cookies.

I fully closed the box and left it on the side in my bedroom, was worried it would dry too fast in the space with the heat from the lights. I opened the box up a couple of times a day and fanned it a bit to change the air, think it took between 4 and 6 days until I jarred the buds. I left all the smoke-worthy nugs on lengths of stalk and hung everything together, the really small buds went with the trim for cookies.
Gotcha, I'm at work during the day, do you think it would be problematic if I only was able to recycle the air let's say 3 to 4 times a day at most?

Cured bud photos as promised. They've all been in jars at least a month, and they all smoke beautifully Going to order some 62% or 58% humidity packs for long(ish)-term storage.

First smoke after a weeks tolerance break/holiday was the C99, the most energising stone I've had in years and the strongest I've had just by smoking ever. I think having a break has massively improved the benefit I'll get from this harvest.

In order of descending estimated sativa genetics content:

420-magazine-mobile1472988093.jpg

Cinderella 99

420-magazine-mobile649859005.jpg

Blue Dream

420-magazine-mobile525714522.jpg

Fruit Spirit

420-magazine-mobile1287974307.jpg

White Widow

420-magazine-mobile2002207678.jpg

Critical Kush

420-magazine-mobile1330813850.jpg

Bubba Kush

The grow box will hopefully be getting some upgrades tomorrow in preparation for round 2, if I make as much progress as I'd like to then beans will go in soil too.

Peace

Cured bud photos as promised. They've all been in jars at least a month, and they all smoke beautifully Going to order some 62% or 58% humidity packs for long(ish)-term storage.

First smoke after a weeks tolerance break/holiday was the C99, the most energising stone I've had in years and the strongest I've had just by smoking ever. I think having a break has massively improved the benefit I'll get from this harvest.

In order of descending estimated sativa genetics content:

420-magazine-mobile1472988093.jpg

Cinderella 99

420-magazine-mobile649859005.jpg

Blue Dream

420-magazine-mobile525714522.jpg

Fruit Spirit

420-magazine-mobile1287974307.jpg

White Widow

420-magazine-mobile2002207678.jpg

Critical Kush

420-magazine-mobile1330813850.jpg

Bubba Kush

The grow box will hopefully be getting some upgrades tomorrow in preparation for round 2, if I make as much progress as I'd like to then beans will go in soil too.

Peace
Very Nice, but shame...what happened to the Paw?

Very Nice, but shame...what happened to the Paw?
Tomato slicing accident, should know better than to smoke and slice haha. It'll heal quick, nice clean cut.
Did you chop in the morning only? Or no real particular time of the day?
Whenever I had time really. Mostly just after lights on on an evening.

Thanks for stopping by with your kind words Pat

Sadly I am currently separated from my lovely nugs as I'm holidaying abroad, however the week's break will make them all the sweeter when I get home in a couple of days.

I could use more space as well, I should just about be able to keep myself and my girlfriend supplied with what I've got, but a separate veg space would make a huge difference and give me a lot more flexibility. I may sacrifice a little more of my tiny bedroom if the missus can be persuaded...
Picked up a second tent so I can dry in one and keep girls growing in the other!

Isn't blueberry something like 80% or 90% indica? If so, and their version of white widow is 50:50, HtH do they figure a cross to be 60:40 sativa-dominant, lol?

Anyway, I like DiY - +REPs (enjoy all the green boxes, lol).
On smoking, the Fruit Spirit definitely feels more like an Indica than the White Widow. I suspect that the 60/40 figure is inaccurate.

Are these strains you have run before? Any favourite at this point?
I've run the Fruit Spirit before. Everything else was a first. The C99 stands out because it's very energising and euphoric. The White Widow seems to be quite potent, and the Critical Kush gave me severe giggles. I think the C99 would be my top choice from this run, it was a freebie and massively outperformed my expected yield, with a fantastic aroma and smoke.

I'll be running the Blue Dream, Bubba Kush and Critical Kush again as I have more seeds. Going to use up my Barney's Farm freebies before I plant any more of the Humboldt ones though as I don't know how fresh they are.

Work has just started on upgrading the box, COBs are out in preparation for sealing and painting

Peace

I've run the Fruit Spirit before. Everything else was a first. The C99 stands out because it's very energising and euphoric. The White Widow seems to be quite potent, and the Critical Kush gave me severe giggles. I think the C99 would be my top choice from this run, it was a freebie and massively outperformed my expected yield, with a fantastic aroma and smoke.

I'll be running the Blue Dream, Bubba Kush and Critical Kush again as I have more seeds. Going to use up my Barney's Farm freebies before I plant any more of the Humboldt ones though as I don't know how fresh they are.

Work has just started on upgrading the box, COBs are out in preparation for sealing and painting

Peace
And what's the upgrade consist of, you can't just leave things unsaid

Back
Top Bottom