Cactus killer here

MopGrows

Hi 420
Im a noob grower, without a single green finger for growing. Got to the point where im sick of waiting on dealers to deliver crappy looking bags for extortionate prices. So im going to grow my own stuff.
Ive got a white widow x big bud in a 4 gallon bucket under a 9w LED thats been there for 3 months. Been topped twice so far. Aiming to use this plant as the mother so ive been tending to it as much as i can. I gotta admit though, I didn't really do much with it at the start, and it got a bit tall before I topped it. Moving on...
I'm a man with a plan, (usually my plans are crap). I have 3 cabinets (3 walls brick, 4th wall wood with a door)... Dimensions LxWxH in millimeters... Cabinet 1 flower room... 2000x580x1020, Cabinet 2 veg room... 950x580x670, and cabinet 3 cuttings/seedling room... 950x580x450. Intake and exhaust will be PC fans. Now the lighting I'm stuck with. I can't decide whether a 6ft 4tube T8 or go with x3 Mars Hydro 300w LEDs for the flower room. A small T5 for the veg room and a tiny 15w led panel light for cuttings/seedlings. I plan on using a DIY DWC bubbleponics system in 1 gallon pots. Ive got biobizz nutes, organic ph adjuster (lemon juice and bicarb soda. I'm wanting a setup where I'm harvesting 2 plants every 3 weeks. Can push it to every 2 weeks at a later stage.
So guys that's my planned setup. Would love to hear your thoughts and again advice will be muchly appreciated.

Thanking you all muchly in advanced
Mop

Thanks for stopping by my journal! Your plan sounds great, and I too, love a great plan! When I did my first Grow I had plans to do many things, and everything I planned changed, a lot. What lesson Ive found most valuable at this point...be patient with your first couple cycles. Get to know your clones, and how fast they root, get to know your strain so that you aren't expecting speedy results on a strain that needs more time that you can give it. And my 2 cents on lighting, the mars hydro 300 panels are awesome little panels, great at many things, I am currently most excited about how they are treating my 16 day old SSH kiddos. They put off very little heat, and don't draw 300w, less than half that from the wall. Anyways, excited to see pics of whatever you do and however you do it!

Cheers!

425Jesse - Grow 2 - A Journey With Super Silver Haze From Seed In Soil

Jolly Rancher Sativa - A Rookie Adventure Indoors

Thanks Jesse.

Well today I finally moved the very poorly mother into her new cabinet. Yes she looks terrible and yes its all my fault. She's had a bit of a hard time living very close to the light, about 20mm. Now she has a good 300mm between her and the bulb so see how she grows over the next week or so.

420-magazine-mobile728686305.jpg

420-magazine-mobile121962526.jpg

Happy growing .

Sent from my A0001 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Its a 9w LED daylight bulb. Next to no heat whatsoever. I have about another 2 n half feet to play with if needed, but see how we get on this week. Its been about 6 hours since I moved her and she's already perking up. All been well a couple of weeks or so I'll be able to finally bite the bullet and get a new light. So far the Mars Hydro 300 is going to be the one over the T8, and I know I won't be dissapointed, research, research and more research.

Happy growing .

A quick update on what I hope will be the mother. Looking a lot healthier than she did yesterday. Leaves are getting a bit darker. So I'm judging at this stage that the light was too close. Hopefully a fortnights time give her another top. So overall happy ATM.

Happy growing .

Welcome to the forums. There is a wealth of information to be found here.

I notice your plant is in a bucket three sizes too large at the moment. Transplanting is good for root growth.

Just my 2cents.

Good luck to ya for your first grow!

I started it in a shot glass from seed as sort of an experiment and surprisingly it survived. The root growth is excellent as the roots are already growing out of the bottom of the bucket.

A quick update... After 2 days in her new home, new growth is coming through and the leaves are still getting darker now the light is 30cm away.

Happy growing .

Hi Jesse

She's growing top notch atm. Looks a lot healthier than she did a couple of days ago.

420-magazine-mobile1952875311.jpg

The leaves are a nice green now

Happy growing .

New light ordered... Mars Hydro 300w. Should be delivered at some point tomorrow. Can't wait to get it so I can see her go crazy.

Happy growing .

420-magazine-mobile1615890644.jpg

It finally arrived.

All set up and running. I've put it in the same position at the same height as the 9w led. See how temps and growth go over the next couple of days.

Happy growing .

A quick update on the mother...

420-magazine-mobile192261489.jpg

I gave her a feed Saturday with a light dose of biobizz bio grow and she seems to have drooped a bit... Is this normal or is she suffering from lock out or something?

Thanks guys and girls
Happy growing .

I'm thinking too much with the nutes. Just what is in the soil alone should be fine for a while. Try just watering AS NEEDED for a few weeks. Watch out for overwatering since the pot or bucket is quite large for the plant currently.
Just my thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom