Cajuncelt's Fall Auto Grow

CajunCelt

Hey All.
Separating out the Autos from the photo grows.
The strains are:
AK47
Smoking Gun
Incredible Bulk
Blue Dream Auto
OG Kush Auto
Blackberry Kush

These will be germ'd in 1gal fabric pots & not transplanted.
Media is my organic soilless mix. It's the same we use at work, but with a few twists. I omitted the bone meals & added crustacean meal, blah, blah, blah.
They'll be under T5's for a sit, then under 450w LED.

Germinating Day1:

IMG_20150916_173717096_HDR.jpg

I'm here Cajun. WooHoo!! First in line. That doesn't happen often.

Hey Cajun, I was reading in your other journal before I came here, you start vegging your photos in two gallon pots? May I ask what prompted that choice instead of the fairly standard one gallon?

With that crustacean meal in your mix this is going to kick butt Cajun. Why the hesitation about autos? Have you wandered into Atrain's journal yet? Two Auto POTMs in six months kinda makes him the reigning king of autos here. I'm certain he could give you some amazing pointers.

I'm here Cajun. WooHoo!! First in line. That doesn't happen often.

Hey Cajun, I was reading in your other journal before I came here, you start vegging your photos in two gallon pots? May I ask what prompted that choice instead of the fairly standard one gallon?

Interesting. I don't know many using 1 gal pots. 1 gal is just too small for a 10-12 week veg. When I transplant them into the 5 gal pots for flowering, the roots are almost root bound & some of the smaller, lower fan leaves will be yellow from the constraints on the root mass. I would only use 1 gal pots for autos or a very small plant.
You're not familiar with my grows, but the plants will be 3' high & just as wide if not wider. I grow fairly big photos. Not big as in height, but girth. Hmmm, I think I used that as a pick up line when I was young? I always take pics of the roots when I chop them & the root mass/ball is usually huge & fits the 5 gal pots perfectly.

With that crustacean meal in your mix this is going to kick butt Cajun. Why the hesitation about autos? Have you wandered into Atrain's journal yet? Two Auto POTMs in six months kinda makes him the reigning king of autos here. I'm certain he could give you some amazing pointers.

You're the 2nd person that mentioned him. I'll go take a look at what he's doing with autos.
I don't like autos because for the same price of seeds, same electricity, nutes, misc. equipment running, I get a fraction of the results from autos. My biggest auto was like 16" tall & a crappy yield.

My "boss" has assured me that the new gen of autos are much better....so here we go.

Interesting. I don't know many using 1 gal pots. 1 gal is just too small for a 10-12 week veg. When I transplant them into the 5 gal pots for flowering, the roots are almost root bound & some of the smaller, lower fan leaves will be yellow from the constraints on the root mass. I would only use 1 gal pots for autos or a very small plant.
You're not familiar with my grows, but the plants will be 3' high & just as wide if not wider. I grow fairly big photos. Not big as in height, but girth. Hmmm, I think I used that as a pick up line when I was young? I always take pics of the roots when I chop them & the root mass/ball is usually huge & fits the 5 gal pots perfectly.

You're the 2nd person that mentioned him. I'll go take a look at what he's doing with autos.
I don't like autos because for the same price of seeds, same electricity, nutes, misc. equipment running, I get a fraction of the results from autos. My biggest auto was like 16" tall & a crappy yield.

My "boss" has assured me that the new gen of autos are much better....so here we go.

It is a new generation of autos out there and Atrain has made it his goal to help this community maxamize auto yields, so yes, get thee to him quickly. :laughtwo:

The one gallons I see used are only an early start. We had a kit grower recently who simply set the one gallon right down into the 7 gallon finish and let the roots grow right through the felt into the larger pot. Amazing results. His plants done like that yielded more than the ones he transplanted in a more conventional approach. So many interesting things going on Cajun. How does one catch it all? I suppose sane people don't try to catch it all. Hmmmm. What does that suggest?.....

I must run. It's sweet to catch you almost in real time like this Cajun. Makes me feel downright special. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Here I am feeling special again Cajun. You're right outside my reach. Maybe if I peek over here.... Drat! Missed him! :laughtwo:

Everything's green and growing. I guess that's all one can hope for at this point. I'll watch for you Cajun. :hug: In case I miss you all night, I'll leave the hug here. Don't forget - smells faintly of lavender. I have the hair pulled up so it won't get in your face, although that's not a bad thing. It's pretty soft and smells nice, so maybe for my favorite mountain man I'll let it down. :battingeyelashes:

I'm in the market for a couple autos for my next grow. I will be following along in the shadows. Looks like I gotta catch up with Atrain too.

If your intention is to grow POTM-quality autos, then yes. Yes you do. :laughtwo:

Well crud. I forgot I had this journal! Lol.

All are flowering. The Blackberry Domina is turning funky colors. Black & purple.
The sativas, AK47, Robocrop, & Mex Airlines are definitely sativas.
The Narco Therapy & Bubba Kush autos are the winners so far. I'd grow them again.
The rest are "unremarkable". They'll be about 18" high as per usual.
The next strains will be in my custom mix. It did work out better than the straight mix from work.
I added rice hulls instead of perlite to make it airy, dressed with worm castings in addition to the other changes I made.

IMG_20151022_125221.jpg

So, since this grow is not watched much (including myself, lol), I'm going to throw this out there.
Y'all have seen Ragin' Cajun, Compassionate Cajun, Cultivator Cajun....
Now for creative Cajun.
I reworded a Jamey Johnson song & added cannabis growing to it. Got tired of that & wrote my own. Played in G. G-C-D. I tried A minor, but it made it "dark".

"Grower's Lament"
By Cajun Productions®

Three months of vegging and two into bloom,
I love the smells from my grow room.
These plants that are growing,
Keep me alive
Without these lil trees, man, I'd feel like dying.

So, they call me an outlaw
Hell, I guess they're right.
Cause I still block the front door
with the couch every night. (anti-SWAT)
I've been through misery,
but I lived through the pain.
Been through most of life's storms,
so now I dance in the Rain.

This Grower's Lament is for lives lived in pain,
who've been through life's storms,
Let's dance in the Rain...

Ta da....

Creative and singable, if one knew which song you rewrote. :laughtwo:

Allons danser, mon ami?

I have to admit I'd never listened to Jamey Johnson before today and in slipping through his playlist I find I like the man. I stumbled onto his "In Color" which, quite frankly made me cry. Blame it on the brownies. :laughtwo:

My daughter asked me today why I continue to ingest sativas if they make me more emotionally reactive? The girl doesn't partake at all and there's just no way to explain how alive I feel, how normal I am with them. Eventually I'll get a better handle on the emotional reactiveness, but that's no reason to give it up. Sleep will help there, and in time I'll sleep again, I'm sure. She'll never understand.

I always appreciate being diverted down another musical path. I haven't ventured into Country for a while now.
Bien merci, mon ami :circle-of-love:

I could show you songs you'd love. I listen to the stuff not played on radio.
Listen to Jamey Johnson, "Can't Cash My Checks". Here's growing weed in verse 2. That was my song.

I could show you songs you'd love. I listen to the stuff not played on radio.
Listen to Jamey Johnson, "Can't Cash My Checks". Here's growing weed in verse 2. That was my song.

He writes deeply moving music that's surprisingly easy to sing to. My voice has intuitively fallen into every chorus I've listened to. Good strong country roots.

I've been through bankruptcy twice. The first seven years of our marriage he couldn't find a job anywhere. Ahhh.... Good times. :laughtwo: The week I moved him into my home I sat him down and told him his worth was disconnected from how much money he did or did not bring into the family. I had no idea how important that conversation would be. LOL! The steel mills closed the week after and the entire local economy collapsed. Times like that teach you what really matters in life. It changed my value system. Looking back I couldn't tell you how we survived. The song resonated deeply.

Thanks. Feel free to recommend. :love:

I've moved the Autos into the flowering tent. They're still stretching, especially the sativas. I've given up keeping a tight node space with them.
Well, these are the best autos I've grown so far. Germinating straight in the permanent pots made a big difference. I'm going to keep them at 20/4 lighting next go round to see if I can get more growth. I've pushed the EC too far as tips on the Mexicans are burning. Not bad, but I gotta lay off anything with P for awhile.
The pistols on the gals with the oils are bigger, noticeably, than the 2 same strains without.

Group shot
The 2 on the l& r, upfront are getting the oils.
IMG_20151026_170141.jpg
IMG_20151026_164221001.jpg

IMG_20151026_164230659.jpg

She isn't getting the oils
IMG_20151026_164259923.jpg

No training on this one. 26" & still stretching. Decent.
IMG_20151026_170244.jpg

Noticeable difference. How many applications to this point? It's just a couple now isn't it?

I went back to look again and they just pop right off the page. That's amazing!

Back
Top Bottom