Cajuncelt's Fall Auto Grow

IMG_20151125_104343918.jpg

This plant is stunning!! Which is it? How tall is it? You don't top? This plant asked me to top it. Has it already been topped and I missed that? It has the most beautiful leaves.

Somewhere, just yesterday, I overheard someone laughing about how growers on 420 Magazine had busted that myth about topping autos wide open.

I cannot believe I edited that comment. That was the first time I edited a comment like that. I need to go away and think about that.

I actually topped most of them. 5 out of 8.
Here's some of the topped gals. Well, with these, I think you not only should top them, but you almost have to! Lol.
I wish I would've supercropped 2 of them.
Next batch I'll train like photos.

OG Kush Auto
IMG_20151125_115003779.jpg

IMG_20151125_115016825.jpg

Narco Therapy
IMG_20151125_115109121.jpg

Topped 3 times. 2' tall & still growing hard.
IMG_20151125_115139726.jpg

The strains seem to have increased in vigor quickly. Obviously, at least in part market driven. When I get back to growing (now she's talking about me moving there, but I can't grow there, so how is that really possible?) good grief, I ramble sometimes like a drunken sailor!

When I get back to growing after the holidays I want to start with some autos that'd make good candidates for oil, so I'm trying to watch you closely Cajun. Obviously I haven't been watching closely enough. It may be more a case of sensory overkill from the multitude of subscriptions, eh? I'll strive to stand just a bit closer mon ami.

The strains seem to have increased in vigor quickly. Obviously, at least in part market driven. When I get back to growing (now she's talking about me moving there, but I can't grow there, so how is that really possible?) good grief, I ramble sometimes like a drunken sailor!

When I get back to growing after the holidays I want to start with some autos that'd make good candidates for oil, so I'm trying to watch you closely Cajun. Obviously I haven't been watching closely enough. It may be more a case of sensory overkill from the multitude of subscriptions, eh? I'll strive to stand just a bit closer mon ami.

I moved from Phoenix in 2006 before AZ legalized medical. I heard ya can't grow (legally, blah) if you're within I think it's 50 miles of a dispensary.
I was just complaining about too many threads lol! Believe me gal I get it.
Sue, at some point I'm going to have some autos tested. As I mentioned, you need 20% THC minimum for the oil. Most ppl think they've got that, but in reality they're at about 15%. I don't know if I can consistently get potency for the oil from autos, but I'll verify it soon.
Also, an oz of great bud will only give you less than a week of oil so it might not be practical to make oil from autos.
Another untraveled journey to take? Very cool.

I moved from Phoenix in 2006 before AZ legalized medical. I heard ya can't grow (legally, blah) if you're within I think it's 50 miles of a dispensary.
I was just complaining about too many threads lol! Believe me gal I get it.
Sue, at some point I'm going to have some autos tested. As I mentioned, you need 20% THC minimum for the oil. Most ppl think they've got that, but in reality they're at about 15%. I don't know if I can consistently get potency for the oil from autos, but I'll verify it soon.
Also, an oz of great bud will only give you less than a week of oil so it might not be practical to make oil from autos.
Another untraveled journey to take? Very cool.

You did see what Atrain pulled from his last two autos, didn't you? His contention all along is that properly trained and managed autos can perform as well as photos grown under the same conditions. I can see where potency might be a factor though.

If you can find strains that are consistently potent in an auto strain, and you learn to get maximum yield with minimal stress on you and the plant, don't you think the quick turnaround might give autos the advantage, since you can run the entire grow in one space under the same lights and the same light schedule? Might those circumstances modify your thoughts?

The law in AZ that restricts growing as you stated, means that once again I'd be growing underground. The whole point in moving, well, one of the major reasons to uproot, would be to go legal. Makes no sense to move and find myself squelched again. :straightface:

So you're just a gypsy at heart, ha Cajun?

So you're just a gypsy at heart, ha Cajun?

You must have missed the reference, or he left it in a room you haven't visited? Mountain Man B A R. Very different from gypsy. Gypsies wander. Cajuns shoot things. He's a Cajun Mountain Man. :laughtwo: I admire the brilliant solution to this first sting of holidays. Wish I could have run off to the woods with him. Yesterday wasn't as bad as I expected, but drenches kept me reasonably busy, and I guess I am running away myself for the next two biggies, aren't I?

He was in Phoenix in 2006 and then, and then, and now... Gypsy. Lol

But let's just call him a well traveled man.

Nope, gypsy kinds covers it. Lol.
I'd travel for a living if I could.

"Cajuns shoot things"....lol. Well, she ain't lying folks. I think that's even listed as an Acadian trait in Wikipedia.

I truly think you should have two separate gardens if you are doing medical oil for a patient. Keep a small auto taster garden for Sue and a bigger monoclonal photo perpetual for your patient. I know you have a love for autos and I definitely support that. It's part of who you are. That being said the plant that has gotten you the most praise this last run is that gorgeous carnival.

The things you must have to take on the responsibility of medical for a patient are
1. Plant type suited for patient
2. Strength of medicine
3. Consistency of harvest/strength

1.I think with your current grow you can get number one for sure. You would analyze and study which plant was best and use the resources here to do it.
2.for strength you can definitely do better with certain photos
3.nothing will match the consistency of a monoclonal photo strain. You would perform a pheno hunt, choose the best results and send them to a lab. This will tell you what you could reasonably expect from that strain consistently in terms of CBD/THC etc. Autos are always from seed and will vary in their expression much like photos will. It's part of the fun. But for medical we need to try and put out the same product each time. Imagine if you had a headache and went to take an alleve but didn't know how strong it would be each time, what dose you should have. 2 works this time, 3 another, sometimes 1. Trying to medicate each day would be a tougher proposition. You can't afford to test each auto. And what if you got a low potency pheno? With a monoclonal photo grow you could test the whole batch a few runs and find out your average. Then test every so often or even each batch if you want.

I hate that this happens but cost is also a factor. How many auto seeds to go through the year for a patient? With clones this cost drops to zero. You just clone one or two off each plant that goes into flower and keep the clones under a fluorescent long tube. Keep the plants super short and clone again when the next batch goes in.

In the end I love you Sue and trust that no matter what route you choose it will do great things for your patient. I trust in you and believe it will come out right. I am just putting it out there that you have never experienced the joy of a whole grow being genetically identical. All same height, shape, it really can be a breathtaking thing. It is like you are taking care of one giant wonderful plant and is something very special.

Sorry for the Threadjack Cajuncelt!

Thanks SF. I've found that 20/4 lighting really does it for these, at least on my property. That throws another issue in the mix.
That said, I'm very surprised how big these are. If I'd of known, I woulda trained the crap out of them. I need more light. Glad Xmas is coming soon.

IMG_20151128_121155040.jpg

IMG_20151128_124620.jpg

IMG_20151128_124713.jpg

IMG_20151128_124200.jpg

IMG_20151128_124232.jpg

IMG_20151128_124459.jpg

The 2 tall ones in the back are 3feet+ and still growing.

Wow you really have a variety of plant sizes and shapes right there. Makes me thing that in a state like Colorado I could start a "rent a tent" business. 4x4 with LED light 3 month rental. Credit card deposit please.
:idea:

I know, brilliant idea, wasn't it? ShiggityFlip, you're really hot today. :high-five:

Everyone looks pleased to be growing under your care mon ami. Those two in the back are laughing at you aren't they? :laughtwo:

Tents are too cheap to buy here are least. There's a grow shop on every corner.
But... In another state? Good idea!

The Autos have outgrown my light. I shoulda supercropped them like photos.
Truth is, I may have to trash them. Sucks.

Tents are too cheap to buy here are least. There's a grow shop on every corner.
But... In another state? Good idea!

The Autos have outgrown my light. I shoulda supercropped them like photos.
Truth is, I may have to trash them. Sucks.

That would be a shame. No other alternatives?

Well, I've stuck them in a tent with my med grows under a 1000w HPS & unfortunately 12/12 schedule.
I'm fairly certain they'll hermie, but they might surprise me again.
1st nana I see & they're all getting chopped. I don't wanna risk it.
I had a conversation about these autos today & it was pointed out that no matter how nice you can grow them, they will never have the generic potential, or the full genetic traits of a photo plant.
They're Marijuana Lite it was put.
I agree. Great as a start up & fill in. I definitely appreciate them more now & they grew awesome.

Back
Top Bottom