Cajuncelt's Fall Auto Grow

I have a much better understanding of that now. I think at this point my greatest concern would be the consistency factor ShiggityFlip pointed out. I hadn't taken that into consideration at all before that conversation. It changed my perspective completely. When I start back up I need to rethink my choices. I have some really good photo seeds to pull from, but it's just a starting point.

I'd have to agree with you on the autos. Cannabis lite is an interesting way to put it. If you're growing just to smoke and you can turn out what Atrain does in his sleep, they're an attractive option.

You'd mentioned previously that you needed in excess of 20% THC for oil and that most people weren't getting the potency they'd assumed from their own grows. I have to wonder if their expectations were borne from trusting the breeder claims of potency, since having each plant tested is really beyond the financial scope of too many households. Assuming one can't afford to have testing done, are we just spitting in the wind Cajun?

My initial thought here was that good living soil should be able to increase Brix levels, which should result in increased trichome potency and enhanced terpene development. Would you think that, in concert with top-quality genetics that would be enough to gain more confidence in the harvest potency? I really don't want to have every plant tested.

Put this in the wrong yard...

They're happy in the new tent.

IMG_20151201_174547.jpg

Put this in the wrong yard...

They're happy in the new tent.

Sweet Cajun. I had to laugh - twice this week I was on the coffee shop thread working on my post while I visited (I know - it's all virtual, but my brain doesn't care and sees it as real). Twice I completely forgot where I was and posted there instead of my own yard. :rofl:

I have a much better understanding of that now. I think at this point my greatest concern would be the consistency factor ShiggityFlip pointed out. I hadn't taken that into consideration at all before that conversation. It changed my perspective completely. When I start back up I need to rethink my choices. I have some really good photo seeds to pull from, but it's just a starting point.

I'd have to agree with you on the autos. Cannabis lite is an interesting way to put it. If you're growing just to smoke and you can turn out what Atrain does in his sleep, they're an attractive option.

You'd mentioned previously that you needed in excess of 20% THC for oil and that most people weren't getting the potency they'd assumed from their own grows. I have to wonder if their expectations were borne from trusting the breeder claims of potency, since having each plant tested is really beyond the financial scope of too many households. Assuming one can't afford to have testing done, are we just spitting in the wind Cajun?

My initial thought here was that good living soil should be able to increase Brix levels, which should result in increased trichome potency and enhanced terpene development. Would you think that, in concert with top-quality genetics that would be enough to gain more confidence in the harvest potency? I really don't want to have every plant tested.

There were a small group of members/growers on here last year that were testing most of what they grow. It's actually way cheaper now. Maybe cheaper than what you think.
Anyway, I was getting some of mine tested for cannabinoid profile only for the oil.
Breeder's numbers are pretty off. Even they aren't consistently hitting the %'s they post. That's why I like Colorado. The THC & THCA from the plant are right there for all to see. Also, the strongest strains on earth are in the mid-20's. I'd predict these autos are around 15-18% at best? I don't know, might be way off.
I've been on a strain hunt for years trying to learn the particular traits, but mostly to find potent strains that consistently hit +20%. It's harder than most ppl, even dispensaries, would admit. I know several dispensaries that have Blue Dream on the shelf right now that's 16%. Mine last year was 22%. I bet lots on here do much better, but it's not easy.
Whew, sativa at too late of night....
Whose thread am I even on? Lol.
I did think that though...

Yeah, I'm turning in. Had news about my missing granddaughters today and I'm stretched about as far emotionally as I can get. Not good. Need sleep.

Tomorrow's a better day. :love:

Tomorrow we can talk about those strains you've discovered that give you consistency. I can't think any more.

Oh, bout forgot.
Last shots before Choptober. This is the Narco Therapy. They were supposed to finish first, before the sativas, but have taken asking time to finish. 2 have about 3-5% amber & are coming down tonight.
The rest are going to the time out chair.

IMG_20151202_142516.jpg

IMG_20151202_142701.jpg

IMG_20151202_142921.jpg

IMG_20151202_143230.jpg

FYI Sue, Arizona currently has a medical marijuana program and it will be on the ballot in 2016 to vote it recreationally legal....margins running about 51% in favor....check out Safer Arizona, a political action committee who is leading the charge.....

They're beautiful mon ami. So statuesque and elegant. :battingeyelashes:

It's been an unusual day. The thing with the granddaughters? It is what it is. I avoid it most often. It just takes longer to recover some days. Today I got a surprise delivery from an admiring friend and his wife that changed my attitude pretty quickly.

image35318.jpg

It's made for an interesting evening. :laughtwo:

Good grief Cajun, that's one pretty bowl! I don't think I've seen one more colorful. Tasty?

Lol. Stealth journal.
This was just a side project a few months ago, but has transformed kinda. I had no idea autos could get this big. With all the latest auto stuff going on. I was pretty careful with these.

Wow Cajun! They're just taking off! Sounds like they really caught you by surprise. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom