CajunCelt's Spring '14 Grow - Vanilla Kush - 1970 True OG - N.L. - Blue Cheese

CajunCelt

Spring 2014 Grow:

Vanilla Kush by Barneys
A 1970's True OG
Blue Cheese by Barneys
Big Bang by GHS
Northern Lights auto

I'll grow half in big Smart Pots organically in my custom coco mix.
The other half will be in 6 gal custom buckets, hydroponic, & Kind nutes.

The Kush might be grown using LA's Flux tech or main lined.
The OG & Blue Cheese will be LST'd & SCRoG.
I'm probably change up as I go or need to.

5x5 tent with 600w hps/mh cool tube
in line fans
carbon filter
hung CO2

4x8 veg closet

IMG_20140602_141023_176.jpg
IMG_20140602_141052_5131.jpg

Latest pics. Girls are about 10 days. Will transplant to big light & pots in another week & 1/2 or so.

IMG_20140613_203350_049.jpg
IMG_20140613_203337_672.jpg

The 3 smaller seedlings are White Widow & will be outside (separate grow).

Hey Jay.Gave the tent a rest for awhile, but back at it. Growing an outdoor grow this go round too.
I'm REALLY interested in this 1970's OG. New buddy fronted it to me. The kush should be nice too.

Hey Jay.Gave the tent a rest for awhile, but back at it. Growing an outdoor grow this go round too.
I'm REALLY interested in this 1970's OG. New buddy fronted it to me. The kush should be nice too.

Sounds like a good buddy :thumb:

I was wondering...what medium are you using for the three outdoor plants?...the coco mix also?

Sounds like a good buddy :thumb:

I was wondering...what medium are you using for the three outdoor plants?...the coco mix also?

Damn, you asked the one question I had planned on avoiding.
The coco mix is an accumulation of organics & "stuff" I've grown to love (pun intended), but I'm leaning towards an organic premixed soil similiar to a compost.
I'm undecided & have about 10 days or so to decide. My coco mix will take too much attention for the length of grow. The outdoor gals will go until November-Dec. Unsure of their sex, but as an Acadien American, I'm able to parlez avec dem plants...so, females.

Spimpster & b.real- now how the hell are y'all? Man, I feel like I'm at a family reunion.
Spimp was the gawdfather of rowdy little seedling I had.

As I'm a good chunk away from Cali, OG's & Kush's are hard to come by. So, I'm pretty excited about this grow.
The OG is Pakistani x Thai x Chemdawg & is from a strain from the 1970's. I don't know much else about it & I'm going to have to sex them, but I'm really looking fwd to growing it out.
I'll keep a momma of her for sure if it's all it's supposed to be (wives tales).

I'm great! It's good to be back. :)
I was reading your fall journal(very impressive) and I saw the link back to this one. The 1970's strain is gonna be awesome, but your other strain choices are really good as well!
I'm working on a double scrog soon, so I figured I better ride along and get some pointers from a top notch scrog-er. :high-five:

Very happy to see you flourishing cajuncelt.
:circle-of-love:

I'm great! It's good to be back. :)
I was reading your fall journal(very impressive) and I saw the link back to this one. The 1970's strain is gonna be awesome, but your other strain choices are really good as well!
I'm working on a double scrog soon, so I figured I better ride along and get some pointers from a top notch scrog-er. :high-five:

Very happy to see you flourishing cajuncelt.
:circle-of-love:

I laid off for a few months myself. Needed a little break.
How're you liking your HPS?
I'm pretty set on trying a LED fixture out. I want 1 tent w/ HIDs & LED as supplemental. Another only LED.

I really like it so far. It runs cooler and quieter than I had hoped. Question will be answered in the weight I guess. I'm hoping for two ounces out of this grow which would be about like .33g/watt. If I can hit that with any consistency it will be well worth the $60 I spent for it. :)
I will say the 200w LED's are looking very impressive. I think the cost to product ratio is finally right with most of the LED world. If I had the funds, I would like to try one because I think the value is there.

IMG_20140625_194514500.jpg
IMG_20140703_182339528.jpg
IMG_20140703_182349015.jpg
Update:
Lots happened today & helped decide some paths for this grow.
I can wait on the Kush & OG so they'll be in my organic soil & grown semis organically.
The NL & AS are both autos so will be a hydro grow in my homemade DWCs.
My "co-op" had such individual requests for the trees I'm vgrowing for them that I decided to grow with separate methods & medias. I usually don't make a tutorial & just show the more interesting stages so I thought this would make it way interesting.

Soil vs hydro vs soilless (coco).
Indoor vs outdoor.
Synthetic vs Organic.

Anyway, latest & greatest.
Beginning transplanting...

Most of these are very indica/stout phenos so their going to go through Ranger training.
I mainline a lot, but need to try my bud LA's flux capacitating.
Whatever lst'g, topping, training will be tweeked as I see how they develop.
The autos are not mine, so I need us to communicate quickly. I need the room.

The best for last. My bud who wanted me to grow out the Early OG was going to let me cut clones.
But, told me to KEEP IT. I'm so grateful. I'm saving much cuttings, just need a female.

Back
Top Bottom