Cal-mag before micro or micro then mag

Icemann420

Ok I'm trying to figure the best method for this I'm running general hydroponic flora treo micro grow and bloom with flora blend and flourish Plus with. Call-mag because I'm using ro water . Now my last 7 grows I've done calmag after my micro grow bloom calmag Flourish Plus then florablend then ph I didn't have any issues. For my new grow I've put cal-mag first then so on. But I'm seaming to have a lockout or a mag issue I reasntly read cal-mag first so I though I'd try well wtf. The question is how do you mix your nutrients micro first then bloom and grow them calmag of the other way

Clearly the change up isn't working I've tried two types of cal-mag general hydroponic ad advanced nutrients Also do you let your ph drift say 5.6-6.2 of ph every time at 5.8 was another thing I was pondering . All other grows I've ph to 5.8 every day or two depending on where it's at

The plants are at 5 weeks from seed and just now showing sex so I'm getting to the fun stage of growth and I want it to b under control

Silica is used by the plant to build material, stalks, buds, etc.. the tips look like the start of nute burn on the tangerine. First pic the mottling does look cal related. But the edges of the leaf being kinda wrinkly makes me lean towards pH. 5.8-6.2 is kind of high, Cal is only available up to 5.8 so any time ph is over that it's hard for them to take it in.

My ppm are in the 160 range and I keep the ph at 5.8 now if I read correct cal-mag don't really put out til 6.2 in dwc I've noticed the tips I raised my light it's growing really fast as thought it may b to close I was at 12 inches I'm running 1800 watts or led and about 200w of t5 early in the grow I have a failed ph pen giving false readings I've replaced that and she's going really nice but the spotting worries me I've got critical purple tangerine dream and purple kush right now my mixture is 1tsp micro 1tsp grow 1 tsp bloom 1/2 tsp calmag 1tsp flourish plus and 5 tsp flora blend per gall and I'm running 4 gall of ro

Silica is used by the plant to build material, stalks, buds, etc.. the tips look like the start of nute burn on the tangerine. First pic the mottling does look cal related. But the edges of the leaf being kinda wrinkly makes me lean towards pH. 5.8-6.2 is kind of high, Cal is only available up to 5.8 so any time ph is over that it's hard for them to take it in.
What's your ideal ph

@TurboBucket so im thinking of adding a few chemicals to my new grow general hydroponic armor si,diamond nectar,flora nectar,and kool bloom dry that's the final steps in the master grow kit do you have any input on the products or usage. Here is the chart I'll follow

Sorry I do not have any experience with the GH line. The most important things to remember when feeding your plant are maintaining the correct npk ratios and insuring those nutients are actually available to the the plant through proper PH ranges. I use a basic spreadsheet to check npk ratios of different mixs to get where I want. I think @Asesino85 uses the GH line.
I don't use a ton of supplements mainly just the silica, and great white for roots,other than that it's grow, bloom, pk booster and of course cal mag. I try to stick to naturally based fertilizers (Botanicare) but the Advanced Nutrients line pulled me in and I just started running a few plants on that last week. I can pm you a copy of the spreadsheet if you'd like.

@TurboBucket Totally would like to learn how to make sure I got my npk right as of now I just do 1/4 less then suggested so I have no ideas how to actually control them

Add your calmg first, then let the system run for a few hours, or even over night. Just don't add the rest of your nutes right on top of the.

Silica is an amazing element. Do yourself a favor and look into it. It's the most underrated additive in our hobby. If you do decide to use it then add it to your system like Turbo said. But again, dont add anything new immediately after. Let the silica mix as much as possible before other problem items like calmg and micro.

@Stltoed thanks for the input I'll definitely take your advice I am going to complete the master kit and do this grow Feel free to join in it's in my tags as the 7 gallon dwc gorilla glue scrog I wouldn't mind a follower to help out every now and then

Back
Top Bottom