Cal-Mag Def? and Tiger Bloom

PhishyPhil

hey everyone, thanks in advance for any help you can offer here.

im pretty worried about a lady of mine that i believe is suffering from a Mag def, and possibly also a cal def. the tops of the ladies, especially all the green fingers that protrude out of the fruit, are getting ugly brown, drying up and dying. this started maybe a week after rusty/orangish colors spots began appearing on the fan leaves. im worried that when i flushed to correct a PH issue, i may have caused a Mag def.

to give u an idea,

5gal buckets
FFOF
FF Nutes
humidity 35-45
temp 75-85
46 days in F
CFLs more than 3in away from tops
ok, anything else not mentioned above is because its already been ruled out or hasnt been replaced/changed since my last adventure. any help is appreciated.

also, i notice that Tiger Bloom has Mag & Cal in it. i was wondering if i could just up the dosage on that to take care of the Mag def? i plan on flushing in a couple weeks just dont want to lose yield over the possible mag def.

:thanks:

Any pics?
I use epsom salt to correct cal/mag deficiencies. they're like $1, and after 2-3 feedings with it the leaves usually start to look better ;)

dro :popcorn:

without pics hard to tell, but doesnt exactly sound like mag def to me

i thought mag def usually makes the leaves look like praying tacos

Plant Abuse Chart

Nice help w/the link!

+rep

I've never seen a mag def manifest itself as curled leaves tho, sounds like ur describing a ph issue or overwatering. However, ya never kno.

Any pics?
I use epsom salt to correct cal/mag deficiencies. they're like $1, and after 2-3 feedings with it the leaves usually start to look better ;)

dro :popcorn:

hey bud, i heard about the ES, but im just weary of adding it cause it says nothing about using it like that on the box. i wonder is their a difference in the ES bought for plants and the ES bought for people?

hey bud, i heard about the ES, but im just weary of adding it cause it says nothing about using it like that on the box. i wonder is their a difference in the ES bought for plants and the ES bought for people?

i bought a box at pharmacy and it says for people and plants... same stuff

tommy mentioned in another post about this

epsom salts are magnesium and sulfur

epsom salts are used to treat magnesium def

epsom salts will make cal def worse

are you using tap water? whats ppm of tap water?

I've had the same exact problem two grows in a row....using the same nutes. I never was able to totally correct it, but the plants grew well, and harvest was excellent.

I was glad to find this posting, and I'm going to get a bit more aggressive with the Calmag and see what happens.

If you want to see what mine look like, check the MK ultra grow. Here's an example, and it's now effecting the largest fan leaves, and it has gotten slightly worse. New growth continues strong.
IMG_0451.JPG

On the other hand, the last time it happened, yield was good and the taste was excellent.

Back
Top Bottom