Calcium deficiency?

Dragoond2

ok so let's start with grow setup.

180v2 electric sky
Fox farm HF
Earth dust dry amendments from the green sunshine company applied 5 tbsp per gallon
3 gal fabric pot
Popped 4/14/2020
Watered with filtered water ppm around 150.
Run off ppm is around 1200
Light 18/6

Ok so I think I got all thats needed up there. So recently I watered with unsulphured molasses 1 tbsp in a gallon of filtered water. I have heard and see people use it in organic grows and claim it helps the microbes. And after I find leaf damage that looks like calcium deficiency or maybe a magnesium deficiency. Did the molasses just change the ph and locked it out? Thats at least what I hoping it is. I have just been doing plain water since. I don't see any issues on new growth.

Big leaves im holding are the oldest leaves then the next one is mid plant and the last small one is just before new leaf growth so basically top of the plant. @MrSauga @InTheShed hope you guy see and may know what is up.

Attachments

• 20200514_082551.jpg
    20200514_082551.jpg
    677.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 20200514_082529.jpg
    20200514_082529.jpg
    583.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 20200514_082521.jpg
    20200514_082521.jpg
    432.9 KB · Views: 68
The first leaf shows as Mg def. It's a mobile element and will start from the bottom and work it's way up. The second and third pic look more like a Ca def. All around you'll need to get some more Ca and Mg supplements to her. I don't believe it's lockout. You have used the Earth Dust before without lockouts if I recall.

The first leaf shows as Mg def. It's a mobile element and will start from the bottom and work it's way up. The second and third pic look more like a Ca def. All around you'll need to get some more Ca and Mg supplements to her. I don't believe it's lockout. You have used the Earth Dust before without lockouts if I recall.

Yup but I have never used unsulphured molasses. Could that have caused a lockout? I have heard it helps maybe I added too much. So until I know more about how to use it I'm not going to add it anymore. And I'm glad I'm starting to learn what I'm looking at when it comes to leaf health. Thanks guys

Yup but I have never used unsulphured molasses. Could that have caused a lockout?
It's possible but imo it's simply just lacking some supplements. One tbsp of molasses wouldn't cause a lockout but there's no harm in holding off on it. Get the Ca and Mg levels up by either waiting to see if she corrects herself by not adding the molasses or add some ca and mg supplements.

Back
Top Bottom