Calcium or phosphorus deficiency

Is it calcium or phosphorus deficiency

• Calcium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Phosphorus

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fantomlimb

Hello all, new plant possibly same problems. I’m getting brown spots and some crinkling. I can’t tell if it’s phosphorus or calcium. Started flower on Sunday. Still using same level of nutes for bloom transition but I halved my CaliMagic dose. Using tap water so I don’t think I technically need calimagic but use it anyways. My PPM is 900 using flora trio. When I grew this train last time, I think I had a phosphorus deficiency but never nailed it down before harvest. Air temps are good, humidity is around 50%. Water temp is 76 but using hydroguard. Light Par value at canopy is 920. Water PH when I test is usually the same or within .2 of what it was when I added nutes. Plant seems hungry as PPM goes down with water level and PH stay relatively the same or rises slightly. Any help would be much appreciated.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I did have issues with root rot in the beginning because I didn’t know hydroguard only lasted 6 months after opening. I was able to completely get rid of it with a new bottle as you can see in my root pictures. The plant recovered well after as well. This first pic was during the worst of it before I was able to fix it. You can see how it recovered in the subsequent pictures.

If it is fungus, what should I do about it?

73A31C0B-033E-4D73-ABEA-C320A49B3AAC.jpeg

746FEFE1-DA8E-41F7-926E-980A7F6541E5.jpeg

76FF762D-ADC5-4647-937A-D07958EAFEB5.jpeg

641F2072-CEA9-4945-A5C0-0D38210DC19E.jpeg

F4380D66-79CD-417F-9DCC-7D7BF345E1F1.jpeg

EB0D8ACF-6588-43B9-9101-D51290E3F6C9.jpeg

Something about those spots, especially the black ones.
Looks more like a fungus or root issues.
This might be something that someone more versed in DWC might know what to do.

If its fungus then usually you remove as many of the affected leaves as you safely can and probably foliar spray with neem or some antifungal.

Could be calcium deficiency I suppose, or pH outa whack.
Hopefully someone that grows DWC will stop in.

Something about those spots, especially the black ones.
Looks more like a fungus or root issues.
This might be something that someone more versed in DWC might know what to do.

If its fungus then usually you remove as many of the affected leaves as you safely can and probably foliar spray with neem or some antifungal.

Could be calcium deficiency I suppose, or pH outa whack.
Hopefully someone that grows DWC will stop in.
Thanks for the reply. So I think I figured it out. I hadn’t checked the PH for today before I posted and I didn’t check it yesterday due to not being home during lights on. The ph was at 4.5 which is a major swing from anything I’ve dealt with up to this point with that plant.
Not sure why it happened but I replaced the entire Nute solution with fresh solution.

Thanks for the reply. So I think I figured it out. I hadn’t checked the PH for today before I posted and I didn’t check it yesterday due to not being home during lights on. The ph was at 4.5 which is a major swing from anything I’ve dealt with up to this point with that plant.
Not sure why it happened but I replaced the entire Nute solution with fresh solution.
Thats most likely your problem.

Thats most likely your problem.
It’s been a few days now. Been keeping everything in line but I still seem to be having issues. Could it still be reeling from the low PH or is it possible I still have a deficiency, or worse, a fungal infection. I’ve rubbed the spots and it doesn’t seem to release any spores, nor do I see any songs of fungus under as much as 300x magnification though.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Being as that you are growing in DWC the most likely glitch is either pH or nutrients out of balance.
Or rotten roots.
Rotten rots or whatever root problem would be obvious just by looking at the roots.
And being in DWC you should be able to just change all that damn near instantly by just completely changing the water.
But I don't grow in DWC so I don't know all the little signs and tricks that someone that grows in DWC would know.

Being as that you are growing in DWC the most likely glitch is either pH or nutrients out of balance.
Or rotten roots.
Rotten rots or whatever root problem would be obvious just by looking at the roots.
And being in DWC you should be able to just change all that damn near instantly by just completely changing the water.
But I don't grow in DWC so I don't know all the little signs and tricks that someone that grows in DWC would know.
Roots look good, just stained from nutes I think. The problem with changing out water if it’s a deficiency is that I have no idea what the deficiency is so no idea how to remedy it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm in soil using tap water and still supplement cal mag. Never heard of a dwc grower not using it. Do you know for sure your tap has enough? As soon as you halved the dosage problems came. That's where I would start

Back
Top Bottom