Cali Connection "Original Sour Diesel" Single Site DIY DWC Grow

Here's a quick pic update. Gonna be switching the MH over to my HPS bulb tonight hopefully.

IMG_057629.jpg

Group shot of everyone
IMG_057729.jpg

PBXFlav #4
IMG_057829.jpg

Same plant
IMG_057923.jpg
IMG_058027.jpg

These two are OSD #!
IMG_058232.jpg
IMG_058331.jpg

Nug of the Month hopefully LOL

Those sd's are going to be pretty big, I'm excited to see the stretch on those, it will give me a good idea on how long to veg mine.
I'm hoping they don't stretch too much I was gonna try and keep the plants around 2' before I flipped but work and family keeping me busy prevented me from keeping to my schedule 1000W light can only penetrate the canopy a few feet so I wanted to keep most of the plants in the high lumen sweet spot. I ended up flipping with the PBXFlav from 20.5"-28" and the OSD were at 30" and 32". Hopefully I don't end up having to run my ballast at 1000W early I have it turned down to 600W right now and was hoping to go week 1,2 600W 3,4 750W 5,6 1000W 7,8,9 1100W just to save energy when the plants don't need all the light.

Also, when you talked about the molasses is there any particular nute company or can you buy it from a food store? I went to my grow shop and they had some but couldn't tell me if it was unsulphered

Looking great man, from what I have read that the sour will stretch to 3 foot once flower is completed if vegged till 12"

dammit i waited till 2.5' to flip hope these damn things dont become unmanageable. O well trial and error with new strains!

Also, when you talked about the molasses is there any particular nute company or can you buy it from a food store? I went to my grow shop and they had some but couldn't tell me if it was unsulphered

Yeah you can find it at grow shops but I just buy mine from the "Bulk Barn" just have to make sure it's unsulphured blackstrap molasses. I can't quite remember why you have to use unsulphured but I know the Blackstrap contains the most trace minerals. You can use it as a "carbo" mix to keep your mycos and beneficial bacteria happy.

Hey Dstruk,

I have subd to your journal, I have also started some osd from Cali Connection. Fem seeds, for some odd reason once they sprouted 3 of them shriveled dry and died. But I have 3 left and are look good. I just transplanted them from their beer cups to bigger pots. I am also using the pro-mix, however, this is my first time growing in soil and the plants look like they are growing a lot slower than what I am used to in hydro. I guess my question for you is, when to start giving them a boost in units.

hey man, funny you say that; last week I bought 3 Cali Connection seeds that all had brown taproots and wouldn't germ...

Cool man, I'll check out in More detail what the product they have at my shop, do you add it at all stages? And yeah 300% stretch and nitrogen through week 1 and 2 of flower, this is only what I have read so don't quote me on it. I was thinking of doing a guano tea on top of my flower nutes for the first two weeks of flower but I still have a was ways before that.

hey man, funny you say that; last week I bought 3 Cali Connection seeds that all had brown taproots and wouldn't germ...

Ive only run Fems from GreenHouse Seeds they were ChemDawg and the Church 3 of each, all purchased from Attitude. CDawg were all straight up males and I ended up with one killer Church plant one male and a twisted duckfoot leafy mutant runt that I had to put out of its misery lol. That was it for Fems for me since then just been running Regs ever since. Haven't really had any germ rate problems on the last pack of TGA Plushberry, Agent Orange, CheeseQuake or the Flav and All 2/3 out of a 10 pack of the Cali Connection Original Sour Diesel popped. 42/43 attempted is damn good in my books.

Cool man, I'll check out in More detail what the product they have at my shop, do you add it at all stages? And yeah 300% stretch and nitrogen through week 1 and 2 of flower, this is only what I have read so don't quote me on it. I was thinking of doing a guano tea on top of my flower nutes for the first two weeks of flower but I still have a was ways before that.

You can overdo the molasses in veg if your not careful I use every feeding which is every 3rd watering for my girls in soil. And the molasses just had some crappy store label on it dude not sure it even had a brand lol. I know if you Google blackstrap you'll get a bunch of spots you can purchase it from. Oh and if you check the pics of my PB buds on pg.1 you can see what a 3 day difference makes to your plants after you spray a Compost Tea and do a soil drench. My only advice is that if your going to do a foliar with the guano tea you may want to look into "BudWashing" or water curing your buds to remove any toxins from the bat shit, nasty stuff but does its job.

Hey everyone I know its been a while since i've done an update. I'm having issues uploading pictures at the moment but I'm getting that under control. Everythings going well with the girls... Thinking I should of topped them a couple more times or maybe some LST. They're a little taller than I would have liked but whatever I can deal with it lol. The girls went to 12/12 on Sept. 12 give or take a day, I forgot to write it down and I've been working so many shitty midnight shifts that I lost track of what day it was :lot-o-toke:
I wasn't expecting the OSD plants to move along so quickly and they are definitely outgrowing and outproducing all of the different PBXFL plants at the moment. Went from eraser sized lil buds to acorn size in like 3 days. PBXFV #6 the runt of the pack is already developing fan leaf trichs. I just hope that me not taking a clone of her doesn't leave me missing out on a smaller producing but extremely potent pheno! Live and learn I guess. Be doing a quick update on some of the nutrients i'm using and what feedings they've been getting after the wife goes to work today. Peace for now and stay high!

Hey everyone sorry about the long time between updates. Finally got my internet issues figured out, thank god. Anway the girls have been trucking along nicely so far. No real issues with this grow figured out my timers and light leaks before I got going this time so no hermies hopefully. Here's some pics of the ladies at about 2-2.5 weeks into flower.
IMG_064929.JPG
IMG_065328.JPG

Couple closeups
IMG_065632.JPG
IMG_065728.JPG
IMG_066530.JPG
IMG_066629.JPG

Some group shots
IMG_065826.JPG

And a bonus pic of OSD #1

I'll try and do another plant specific pic update in a couple days when i'm off work with some examples of my nute schedule so if anyones curious they can see what i feed these bitches lol. Tell me how I'm doing guys, Until next time stay high!

O and before I forget the main star of this journal the DWC is in a bucket I dealt with a week of pythium until the h2o2 could do its job now with the weather the rooms a little cooler and the res temp is just below the threshold i think the plant was yellowing during that time and now is greening back up along with it's roots have started to develop their secondary "hairs" and are bushing up nicely. I'll make sure I grab photos next update. Seeing as how it was the reason for the journal in the first place lmao. :high-five:

nice!

Holy smokes man! You have a jungle!

:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom