Cali Connection "Original Sour Diesel" Single Site DIY DWC Grow

dstruktvbayc

Hey everyone! After a long shutdown due to a couple of lil' monkeys that came into my life, I'm finally able to concentrate and have enough time to devote to growing my own meds again. Thank Jebus I am so sick of buying sub-quality street weed and being charged premium prices for anything that smells half decent because piece of shit dealers that think calling something "Kush" without even knowing what a true Kush plant smells or tastes like and then charging $280 a bag. :rollingeyes:

Anyway now that that's out of my system i'll be running some Cali Connection Orig. Sour D in a single bucket along with some OSD that are in Pro-Mix 3 gallon pails, eventually going to bud in 7gal. 2 OSD in soil along with 9 TGA genetics plants that were a result of a cross from a Flav male that Pollinated my short purple pheno of a TGA Plushberry. I'm seeing a few interesting phenos so far. Anyway enough about soil....

I used to grow in a BC Northern Lights grow box and then went to soil for a few years to take a little bit of the work off my hands and into the soil after running different organic feed schedules with dry organic nutrients, as well as some all organic nute suppliers as well as the General Organic "Veganic" full line. Although the finished smoke looks very pretty and tastes great, i'm always ending up with buds that just aren't potent enough for me. As i'm 30 now and have been puffing since 14. I need top shelfers to get the buzz i need. So i've decided to go back to Hydro and get those super potent buds im after well hopefully its been a while and I'll just be running a single bucket system until i get a grow under my belt with it and work the rust off a little bit before I upgrade to a 4 site system and go a bit bigger. I'll post some strain specifics soon as well as my setup. Until then I'm hoping some ppl here will find a bit of interest in my thread, Peace y'all stay high!! :lot-o-toke:

The-Cali-Connection-Original-Sour-Diesel.jpg

Cali Connection Original Sour Diesel Original Sour Diesel line is here! We took our Sour Og male and crossed it to the Original Sour Diesel clone to start our Original Sour Diesel line. The seeds produce a very uniform structured plant extremely similar to its mother. Very resinous extremely stinky so odor control is a must, great branching and cloning, all around great seed line. Our Original Sour Diesel clone is the precursor to ECSD and the current Sour diesels out there... She was the first one to make what we know as Sour Diesel today. This clone is what everyone on the east coast thinks of when they think of sour diesel. Straight sour kerosine funk to the max. She smacks your lips then smacks you in the head. Great long lasting high with phenomenal medicinal properties. Our goal was to bring this amazing cut to seed and its finally here. Expect large yields so your going to need added support. Flower time - 9-10weeks

There's a little write up from the Attitudes website. Oh and here's a couple bonus shots from my previous grow running all organic nutes in soil. Check out the trichomes during week 5 on these Plushberry!
DSCF10311.jpg
DSCF10281.jpg

OK for my setup ill be running my DWC bucket under a Lumatek dimmable digital ballasts 4ooW for veg, 600-1000W for bloom. I'm running the bucket with 2 airstones and a six inch netpot. Using rockwool to start my clone and Hydroton to keep everything hunkered down in the bucket. As I usually run 9 plants in soil under a 1K I have an open reflector and a 800 CFM inline fan to keep the heat manageable. I'll be running either the full "Dutch Nutrient Formula" liquid hydro nutes, or 85% complete i may skip on their flushing solution. it's my first time using DNF so i'll be watching the PPM fairly closely as not to scorch the plant until i can see the strength of their line and what the OSD can handle. If it's like most indicas i'm pretty certain it will be a fairly heavy feeder. I use white/black layflat plastic sheeting as my reflective backing. My single bucket setup is currently only going to run 2 airstones and I will just be watering by hand until the roots have made their way into the reservoir beneath the net cup. As I increase the number of plant sites I will be moving the reservoir into its own bucket in my veg side to keep the temps in the bucket down as well as algae. Just using a Lowes $4 round 5 gallon pail which was perfect because it's blue which in turn should help with any algae growth. I will post pics of my room and setup as soon as I get my camera back. Any feedback on my setup or questions I'd love to hear anything.

hey everyone well noone i guess seeing as nobody else is here lol. Anyway for potential future viewers heres some pics of the strains ill be working with. The pictures are from my crappy LG e400R so the quality isnt the best. anyway.....
CAM002661.jpg

This one here is a group shot of all the girls at about 2.5 weeks of veg
CAM002652.jpg

over head view of one of the sour d's gonna grow these out in dirt and see which out of the 2 is the better keeper just be guessing when i take clones to fire up the bucket but I will be taking clones off everything so i can keep all my phenos around till the final smoke reports are in.
CAM002641.jpg

This last one is both OSD plants and a PB X Flav
Seeing 4 distinct phenos out of the 9 seeds I started.

Till next time Stay High!!! :tokin:

Here's some pics of what i'm running now everything is moving along nicely so far

CAM000102.jpg

Here's everyone at about 1 month veg time
CAM000135.jpg

If you can see it the node spacing on this Short Pheno Plushberry X Flav is pretty stacked up
CAM000154.jpg

Side branching on this Tall Pheno PB X Flav is also to my liking gonna see how these to play out I'm cloning from every plant until I can smoke test and weigh all the pros and cons with each plants growth rate/structure, finished smoke, weight and anything else that comes into play
CAM000172.jpg

Tallest Sativa Dom PB X Flav I have huge hands and these fans are bigger! lol
CAM000249.jpg
CAM000236.jpg
CAM000225.jpg
CAM000216.jpg

And finally some of the products and nutrients i've used in other grows and some I'll be running in the bucket till next time :lot-o-toke:

CAM000124.jpg

bottom and top right are the Original Sour Diesel everything else is PB X Flav

Taking clones tonight so I will finally be able to start posting progress on an actual DWC grow sorry everyone I'm sure that's why nobody else is here yet lol

On another note other than a couple yellowed lowers from me holding back the nutes a little bit these plants are loving the DNF nutes so far! Noticing the OSD is a heavier feeder so far then the PBXFLAV hard to tell because the OSD went right from 1/2 L pots into 5 gallon buckets and shot up quicker than everyone else that went into 1gal then 5gal looks like she just feeds heavy to me though

Hey everyone or noone still dont have any subscribers? o well! Anyway here's a pic of the clones PBxFlav #1-8
and OSD #1-2
IMG_057224.jpg

Here's one of the OSD clones didn't check to see what plant it was from i think its OSD#2 anyway i went to 12/12 two days ago and didn't notice if this plant had started autoflowering or if it is just quick to show signs of flowers
IMG_057536.jpg

Hey Dstruk,

I have subd to your journal, I have also started some osd from Cali Connection. Fem seeds, for some odd reason once they sprouted 3 of them shriveled dry and died. But I have 3 left and are look good. I just transplanted them from their beer cups to bigger pots. I am also using the pro-mix, however, this is my first time growing in soil and the plants look like they are growing a lot slower than what I am used to in hydro. I guess my question for you is, when to start giving them a boost in units.

Hey milehighnugs and welcome to the grow :welcome:
I thought I was going it alone for a bit there... Anyway going from hydro to soil your going to see everything takes a little longer in soil. The plants will take a few days to react to nutrients rather than a few hours in a hydro setup. Makes it more difficult to troubleshoot deficiencies and whatnot, especially for new growers and ppl who don't have as much patience as others. You'll also notice your plants don't uptake nutrients as quickly as hydro and it's easy to create a toxic environment in your soil if using synthetic nutrients with salt build-up and PH lockout issues. Strains will also in my experience if using organic or veganic nutrients, will run the upper end of the flowering times listed for the certain strain that your running where hydro given the right feed schedule will finish at the lower end of the listed flowering time. Other than that the buds usually taste sweeter in soil. To answer your question (sorry for babbling :tokin: If by boost in units you mean "up the nutrients"? In soil if your using a soil that has a time release fertilizer in the soil you can usually not feed them for the first 3-4 weeks in veg any longer than that and you need to supplement but your running ProMix so I usually don't feed any of my plants anything except a Mychorrizae and Molasses at half strength until the 4th or 5th set of main nodes are developed. You will see your lowest fan leaves start to yellow meaning a lack of Nitrogen if your using RO water you may also see the veins of the fans stay green while the rest of the leaf goes yellow which will usually mean the girls want some extra calcium as well. Hope this rambled mess has helped you out man if not i'll try again lol peace for now man :roorrip:

He'll yea man, thanks for the information, I guess I have a lot to readjust while growing in soil. You see a lot of these guys say, you can't mess up soil, looks to me that you can if your not paying attention. I have a journal going as well figured if I run into any problems I could have some input. Is your molasses your talking about just syrup? Never really messed with it. Also, I grew my plants in a hydro set up then transplanted them into soil, they have been in there 2 to 3 weeks. I was planning on using up my gh nuits I have, ye or ney on that.

The big thing in soil if your using synthetic nutes that are usable in soil/soiless applications is to basically run a feed-water-water-feed-etc. type schedule your force feeding the plants salt based nutes and then using the two waterings in between feedings to leach salts out of your soil also keeping your soils PH balanced to some degree. The molasses I use is Unsulphured Blackstrap molasses. I buy it in 1000gr tubs at the bulk food store here in Ontario. Here's a little excerpt from Weekendgardener.com

The Best Type For Boosting Fertilizer

For gardeners, blackstrap molasses (unsulphered) is the best choice because it is the most nutritionally valuable of the various types of molasses since it contains the greatest concentration of sulfur, potash, iron, and micronutrients from the original cane material. So it's not just the sugar content that makes molasses useful, but its trace minerals.

Molasses is also an excellent chelating agent, which means that it can help convert some chemical nutrients into a form that's easily available for organisms and plants to use.

The blackstrap molasses (unsulphered) is a liquid molasses that can be used alone, or as a component in both sprays and soil drenches, and can be an important addition to your organic fertilization program.

How To Use

Molasses is excellent when applied to soil in conjunction with organic fertilizers, or sprayed directly on plants.

Basic Mixture:

1 to 3 tablespoons (15 to 45 ml) blackstrap molasses (unsulphered)

Added to 1 gallon (3.8 liter) of liquid fertilizer mix (this can be any liquid fertilizer, compost tea, kelp, or alfalfa meal tea)

In an organic soil setup your goal is to provide the right combination of nutrients to your plant at the proper times just like anything else except your using the microbes and bacteria in the soil to convert whatever nutrients your apply to the soil into a form that's easily available for the plant to be able to uptake it. Keeping a high count of these bacteria etc. and keeping them happy is where a successful garden comes from.

Subbed!

Thank you for sharing your grow with us.

I'm looking at running a DWC in the near future too. Will be following your progress along.

Thanks again and good growing!

Thank you for sharing your grow with us.

I'm looking at running a DWC in the near future too. Will be following your progress along.

Thanks again and good growing!

Thanks alot man I guess we'll be learning the ins and outs of DWC together then! I'm hoping to be able to at least pull 4-6 ounces off my first grow with the bucket style DWC the grow box I have was also a DWC setup but much smaller plants. That was 5-6 years ago tho and I quit using it because you can only pull so much off a 400W bulb. Running the 1 site will be my test run before going to 4 sites. With no soil grown plants as a yield buffer lol. I've seen massive yields running 6'" cups and like 18 oz. monster Dutch Passion BlueBerry my buddy grew a little while ago, very long veg time and he only runs one plant to a 1000W bulb but he gets decent results for his needs and he only has the health of one plant to worry about as well as his setup maintenance is very low and takes him no time at all to do his rez changes and clean up.

Back
Top Bottom