Cali OG Kush/Haze, Sativa, DWC, 2 x 300W LEDs, First Grow Ever

sage1769

Hello,
ok so i've been reading all kinds of articles and video tutorials for last couple months. finally i decided to move forward with this new hobby of mine.
this is the details of my setup:

Bucket Size - 5 gal with large air stone and drip ring For the beginning...
Medium - clay pallets
Lights - (2) 300 LEd
Nutrients - General Hydroponics Flora Grow, Bloom, Micro Combo i also got a Ph down and calmag
Strain(s) - Cali OG Kush/Haze(Sativa)
# of Plants: 2
Tent Size - 48"x24"x60"
I ran my setup for couple days just to make sure that everything is running good. this is what i got Average temp is around 66-75 degrees and the water in the resivor sits between 67-72, humidity level usually around 40-55% that is all on the 18-6 hour cycle im still waiting on my second led light so all this is with one 300W actual 157W light.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys!

PS. super exited about this and really looking forward on any help anyone could provide me with.:Namaste::thanks:

Hello,
ok so i've been reading all kinds of articles and video tutorials for last couple months. finally i decided to move forward with this new hobby of mine.
this is the details of my setup:

Bucket Size - 5 gal with large air stone and drip ring For the beginning...
Medium - clay pallets
Lights - (2) 300 LEd
Nutrients - General Hydroponics Flora Grow, Bloom, Micro Combo i also got a Ph down and calmag
Strain(s) - Cali OG Kush/Haze(Sativa)
# of Plants: 2
Tent Size - 48"x24"x60"
I ran my setup for couple days just to make sure that everything is running good. this is what i got Average temp is around 66-75 degrees and the water in the resivor sits between 67-72, humidity level usually around 40-55% that is all on the 18-6 hour cycle im still waiting on my second led light so all this is with one 300W actual 157W light.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys!

PS. super exited about this and really looking forward on any help anyone could provide me with.:Namaste::thanks:

420-magazine-mobile1752787262.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Aliright this is the second entry that will follow with some pictures of the setup and the girls. the girls are growing in a matter of a day they started growing their second sets of leaves. im loving it!!!
really dont know if im posting this in the right way... any help would be great1 :thanks:

also i will do better on the pic quality next time...
my second light should be arriving in couple days. Planing on using tap water, my ph reader says its at 7.0 planing on dropping it down to 5.8 after adding the nutrients, but thats still in couple days... as for now i will play with the water to figure out how much nutrients and ph down i will have to add. any ideal on what i should start with?

Hello Sage and welcome!

I'm so glad you have joined in and decided to write a journal to help showcase your progress & talents.

There is so much to learn and it sounds like you have done some homework.

Looks like your off to a great start!

Like you, I am also attempting my first DWC grow and I used GH Flora Duo A & B for Veg nutes.

Recently, I moved to 12/12 and can still use these same GH nutes just in different parts and then I add supplements too.

Never use the manufacturer suggested nutrient amount always use half if not less to start and work your way up. I also find that the GH line of nutrients keeps my pH levels very steady.

And I would suggest not even using Calmag yet unless you actually see a deficiency.

I use PH'd tap water. And i would suggest to invest in a ppm/conductivity pen if you are going to be running hydro.

Change nutes every 7-10 days.

Research your strands. Find out info if they like higher humidity or if they can withstand temp fluctuations etc.

Feel free to check out my grow!

Good luck!

Many clouds of Smoke all,.
Tanyeast
WR420
Incredible Bulk - 5 Bucket DWC - 1st Cannaventure From Seed
Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hello Sage and welcome!

I'm so glad you have joined in and decided to write a journal to help showcase your progress & talents.

There is so much to learn and it sounds like you have done some homework.

Looks like your off to a great start!

Like you, I am also attempting my first DWC grow and I used GH Flora Duo A & B for Veg nutes.

Recently, I moved to 12/12 and can still use these same GH nutes just in different parts and then I add supplements too.

Never use the manufacturer suggested nutrient amount always use half if not less to start and work your way up. I also find that the GH line of nutrients keeps my pH levels very steady.

And I would suggest not even using Calmag yet unless you actually see a deficiency.

I use PH'd tap water. And i would suggest to invest in a ppm/conductivity pen if you are going to be running hydro.

Change nutes every 7-10 days.

Research your strands. Find out info if they like higher humidity or if they can withstand temp fluctuations etc.

Feel free to check out my grow!

Good luck!

Many clouds of Smoke all,.
Tanyeast
WR420
Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

hey wr420
thank you for checking out my post, and replying greatly appreciated!
i did get a ppm reader and ph reader. as for now waiting for the girls to grow a little bit so i could place them in their final home :)
i will def check out your grow and go through your setup. again thank you for checking out my post...

alright time for an update
girls are doing good i think? ran into some problems, after adding the second led light had temperature climb up to 80s close to 90. installed exhaust fan and now im at 79 degrees. hopefully that is a good temperature. Humidity is another problem which is only at low 30% and cant figure out a way to get it up higher. Resivor temperature is at 62 degrees is that to low? also ph keeps going up every time i put it to 5.8 with in a day goes up to 6.5 so i just use ph down to bring it back any thought? ohh and finally with the nutrients the ppm is at 500
alright that should be everything...
thanks for reading

Subbed up. Like to see how this strain grows. Looking forward to seeing your progress ✌

Sent from my SGH-I747M using 420 Magazine Mobile App

good morning boys and girls its been 13 days since i germinated the seeds. I ran into some minor problems the ph kept going up on the beginning but i managed to figure it out. the stats as of now are as followed.
-ph steady at 5.8 to 6.0
-water temperature on bucket at 64 and second at 61
humidity around 50
temperature at around 70 but reaches 80 throughout the day
finally noticed root grow the girls are reaching the water after this post i will post some pictures.
any thought or advice would be really appreciated thanks!

Your airline looked to have a kink in one of the pics. And yes i would start with a light feeding of nuts

Your airline looked to have a kink in one of the pics. And yes i would start with a light feeding of nuts

Yeah it was the top feed which I'm not using anymore... added nutes yesterday ppm at 400

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom