California to Legalize Weed for Everyone

i remember growing up in las vegas and a roach was a felony or even a seed. i saw friends get felonys for seeds or roaches. its come a long way. I hope and pray for any change for the better. It should be decriminalized.

The bill Oregon is trying to pass is WAY better, totaly unregulated for personal use, and tax on the sale of Marijuana. The way it should be. Way to go for Vermont legalizing hemp too. Now we just need to be able to grow seeded hemp (for the hempseed oil), and use it as a biofuel (the oil, and the biomass as ethanol approx 1300 gallons could be harvested per an acre). Hemp is the largest producer of bio fuel on the planet, it is over 4 times more efficient than corn, sugar beets, sunflowers, soy, etc. They estimate that if we grew hemp on 6% of the US that we could supply all of the power to the county, industrial, domestic, etc.. The US currently pays farmers to let 90 million acres of land stay fallow, 90 million acres is 6% of the US. Kind of funny, also we have 500 million acres of farm land that has been deemed less than worth to grow crops on, hemp would grow on much of this land. Using bio fuels would create a balanced CO2 level in our atmosphere, they take in as much CO2 while growing as they release when burned. Also, the best way to do it would be to have farmers growing hemp locally, you would purchase your fuel directly from the farmers, keeping the money in your local economy, instead of sending it over seas. This would stimulate the economy, create jobs, etc. in the process of saving the world. Why is our government against using the most usefull plant on the Earth, especially when our country was practically founded on growing hemp. G.W. (Washington not Bush), said "sow the indian hemp seed everywhere", T Jefferson, "Hemp is nessicary for the wealth and protection of our country". Henry Ford one of the top econimists ever, was all about growing hemp. He made a car that was 80% hemp, and ran on hemp, and he asked why we kept drilling for oil and cutting down old growth forests instead of annually growing a completely sustainable resource. End the lies, Educate, Inform, be a catalyst for change!!!!

I say NIX ANY TAX ON CANNABIS, NIX ANY GOV'T ATTEMPT TO CONTROL THE GROWING, DISTRIBUTION OR QUALITY OF CANNABIS.

-TimeTraveller

Although a few people were opposed to the med MJ tax, arguing that it was a drug not unlike perscription drugs and perscription drugs are not taxed in California.

I think the other way. The Sate of California further legitimatized medical marijuana. Medical marijuana, a commodity the State of California allows the distribution and sale of said commodity...therefore taxes. And collect they do from the majority of the MCDs here in the Bay Area. Marijuana capitalism!

A long journey begins with one step." -Chairman Mao (...I think.:smokin:)

i do have a question, (sorry i have been arguementive today) this all sounds great, but what does one do when the feds come in and do what they just did!? you will only be a bunch of sitting brownie points waiting to be collected! your giving them everything they need to know to simply knock on your door when they feel like it. a new election comming up? hmm let me see what what one can do to score votes... lets go to cali and take all the "drug users* off the street, then they can be on the news, sayn how *cleaned* the streets.....blah blah.. can you imagine the stories? its gonna suck, it happend not that long ago. im quickly learning that its not the individual states that need to legalize mmj, but the country as a whole. what good is 1 represnative to each 12states, when there is 38 states and an abush of militi to tell you different?

Ms. slntchttrbx...what are you speaking of my friend? Here in California the DEA doesn't normally bust "patients" usless they are growing 2 acres of medical marijuana for "personal need" .

The owner/operators of MCDs make a more than fair profit for the chance they take with the Feds. (There are probably more than MCDs now than ever, numbering in the hundreds.)

It's all so political and California DEA busts are becoming less and less poitically feasible for the DEA, not only here in Califonia but in Washington, D.C. also.

The pendelum is swinging my friend...take a deep breath, relax. :peace:

Thanks Pinch, I feel better. Seriously. Things do seem to be moving along. That makes this an especially good time for us all not to get complacent. :peace:

I think the main reason for not legalizing is by far the fact that it is a psychoactive substance, meaning it alters your perception and way of thinking or "opens the mind".

Ask almost anyone who uses and they have a different perspective on life that is focused on real issues:
how we shouldnt fight unnecessary wars
how we could and should live in peace
how we should be environmentally friendly
how our drone-like ways of life have engulfed humanity
how we should be FREE to live in a way that benefits others...

None of those things are appealing to the government and the corporations/bankers that run it. They want you to do what they want and not think for yourself.

After all, government means to control the mind.
Govern: To have control over
Ment: Mental/mentality/mind

I've been one of the "drones" for 56 years now and have dealt with these secret government conspiracies all my life...and you know what I say:

"Well, shit the bed, Martha!"

Mellow out...things will change despite all your worries. Changes like this do not happen overnight.

It's your mind. Learn to control it yourself.:peace:

Good God!!! you guys must understand what it's like in a state that will bust your ass for even having a roach in the ash tray...holy shit! to be able to grow even one plant that may produce a pound or more for a mer $50 when that same pound off the street will cost an ungodly amount of money is a pretty sweat deal...and only a $5 tax for an 8th...Jesus! please bring that deal to GA fast!!!
Quit being so greedy and just enjoy any MJ reform relief...the rest of this country is begging for even a little relief from this oppression! Just think about it like that when you Californians feel cheated out of full legalization! We are being totally cheated across the board!!!

Well put, Mr Sabin.:peace:

Crackers, anyone?

We know that about you and your state but, WHY IN THE FREAKING WORLD WOULD YOU STAY IN YOUR STATE? LOL It has no jobs, no money, no weed, no life oh it's pretty and it's in your soul but, good God man snap out of it and get to Cali. LOL Peace :roorrip:

Yea...thats easy for you to say...for someone to to uproot and move you and your whole life over 1000 miles away from every thing you know, all your family, friends, kids grandparents, lifestyle, EVERYTHING!!!...maybe thats not everyone's idea of heaven, but all those things mean to much to most people,and I'm not giving my whole life away, just so I can smoke weed legally.
That just seems a little selfish that you think you have it tough by not having quite enough freedom to use weed, when you should just be glad you've even been thrown a bone to begin with...damn, can't you just be happy to even have any freedom to posses any weed to begin with?
This kind of greed will only reinforce the status that weed holds in the rest of the country now. What it looks like your really saying, is, more for California only and damn the rest of the country...and everyone should just say screw their lives and all move to California...Instead of saying, man I sure am glad I live in a state that has any relaxed MJ laws what so ever, and we really need to work on getting it legalized on a federal level...Jesus man, don't just think of things in your own little world, but have a little heart for what others are going through as well...weed should be enjoyed by everyone, not just the few...your luckier than you think!!!
I'd like to add one more thing, I have been to California several times in my life as well as the rest of the country and there is a state of mind here that you hardly find anywhere else in the world, so it's not just about packing up and moving away from home, it's enjoying where you live too..I love it here, and would not leave it, even with the laws we have. I'm not giving in to there laws, they need to give in to our wishes for a change...we need national unification on this, and that means banding together and fighting together against the federal government, not just state laws...the feds are pressuring your states rights and your state is having a hard time pushing them back, so if you really want more freedom then you already have, maybe you should fight the federal laws, as they are the real problem, not just how you can make weed more legal in Cal.

We know that about you and your state but, WHY IN THE FREAKING WORLD WOULD YOU STAY IN YOUR STATE? LOL It has no jobs, no money, no weed, no life oh it's pretty and it's in your soul but, good God man snap out of it and get to Cali. LOL Peace :roorrip:

Jimbo don't roll over so easily now. I know Sabin's just having fun, but even though I don't live there I know Georgia isn't as described above. I moved out of Cali to get away from so much that it represented, and purposely wound up in a completely different environment. I was side by side and followed by hordes of other who left for similar reasons, and the grand exodus continues. Even though I know my state won't have many of the enticements of the Golden State, it may some day allow all citizens to grow Cannabis without remorse - which will be all of the equality w/ Cali that I care about. I do miss a decent south swell, though. And really good fish tacos. :peace:

Jimbo don't roll over so easily now. I know Sabin's just having fun, but even though I don't live there I know Georgia isn't as described above. I moved out of Cali to get away from so much that it represented, and purposely wound up in a completely different environment. I was side by side and followed by hordes of other who left for similar reasons, and the grand exodus continues. Even though I know my state won't have many of the enticements of the Golden State, it may some day allow all citizens to grow Cannabis without remorse - which will be all of the equality w/ Cali that I care about. I do miss a decent south swell, though. And really good fish tacos. :peace:

Oh yea bro...I did love northern Cal. I spent two different whole summers out there, close to Tahoe, once in grass valley and once in strawberry Cal., both times were when I was a kid, and we just had a ball going to all the sites like Yosemite and the redwoods and all the wineries...it was so great, and the people were super nice too, I have always wanted to go back with my wife, but I'm not sure I would want to live there though...hell, who knows, my wife might even love it enough to want to move out there, but I doubt it.
But as far as MJ reform goes, I still think it should be a total federal legalization matter, so that people are not enticed to want to uproot there whole lives just for weed.

No, that might be one point but, think common people, or even the uneducated okay that's about two thirds this nation...kidding, :) yet, they think oh, govt. says it's a gateway drug to harsh crime acts.

In the 1950's it had to be shown as a mind altering drug, blowing up our kids minds to do unspeakable acts and killings and going crazy. Well, the govt promoted this and pushed it so hard, that people believe this today. I guess same for religion but, we won't go there. Same as for witchcraft too. If I told all those Religious people that Witchcraft stemmed out of Pagan belief's, and yet Christian's took things from Pagans, (Like the cross, clipped off the top circle of the cross, and the star, flipped it upside down, put a circle around it to make it the devil so you would hate the Pagan) but, crushed the Pagans to push the Christian belief, that Jesus actually followed and loved the Pagan belief of Spirit, Light, Love is Life, would you believe me?
No

So everyone buys into what they are thought, and never study to find truth. Same with the whole weed. "Oh, I heard it's illegal and it's a crime and God did not make it to do that and it makes you go crazy!"
Yup, so the world goes round and we follow each other off the cliff and it never ends, how's that for blunt and truth? :clap::yummy:

You're backing up my point even more. I don't know if you meant to do that but it sounded like you were gonna try and make a different point or something.

But we're on the same page here, It's all about making you think what they want you to think, so that they can carry out their agenda. Their gaol is to herd people like sheep, they don't want any strays that think for themselves.

And yes, all religion is based on astrotheology. I love watching Jordan Maxwell lectures, The Pharmacratic Inquisition, Michael Tsarion lectures, etc...

Mr. Jimbo-

Dont let little muscle man bother you. Doesn't seem like a good idea to get so angry with members when you just started your moderator role. Congrats by the way.

I just wanted everyone to know that I do really love California, and was really treated well there, but at the same time I love it here with my family too...I guess I am a little torn about not having the right to smoke legally in my state, and to here someone that can smoke in front of the cops say that they are being mistreated because they can only have so much weed or grow only so many plants at one time.
I guess I wanted to put into perspective what it actually is people want to be mad about and people need not get too far ahead of them selves when they should just be glad to see relaxed drug laws that the rest of us don't get to enjoy.
No offense to anyone here, just throwing it out there, what it makes the rest of us feel like to have to sit back and wait our turn that may or may not ever come.
California has my vote for being the frontrunner's in MJ reform, I solute you guys for that, just don't get greedy with it...it will come to full legalization eventually, and us dogs will have our day to dance in the streets!!!
Nothing wrong with a little friendly debate...California rocks...and pretty soon GA will too...that's my hopes and dreams!
By the way...I'm not angry...it's good to share different opinions...that's what makes us all unique..and I'm sorry if it sounded like anger...didn't really mean it to...I just let it out from the heart...I call it passion.

I should say that I too love California. It's my favorite state. Ironic.

No doubt. I'm from El Paso TX originally (first city to implement marijuana laws) so I know what it feels like. Cops will let you drive your drunk a** home if you get pulled over as long as you "be careful" (no joke it happened to me more than once) but rockin the ganj gets you a first class plastic back seat to the station.

Maaad Wooorrld lol

No doubt about it...Northern Cal. is probably the most beautiful country, made even more great by canna reform, but an old dog like me has super deep roots.
Believe me, I have wanted to live in No-Cal. since I was out there, but I'm tied too deep to those roots.
It is so hard not to chuck it all and just go, but my son needs to know his grandparents and my wife and I both would get too home sick, which, me being an ex-truck driver, I know alot about...believe me!
I'm rooting hard for you guys out there to force the issue all the way to the white house, and I'll be there right beside each and every one of you guys!!! You can carve that shit in your arms!!!..lol

Back
Top Bottom