420 Magazine Background

Callanetics: Meditation In Movement

Thread starter #441

SweetSue

Member of the Year: 2015 & 2016 - Member of the Month: Mar 2015, Sept 2016 - Nug of the Month: Oct 2017 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Dec 2016
I avoid referring to it as "losing weight" and instead deliberately choose words like "dropped excess weight", or better yet, "let go of the weight." When you tell your brain you lost something it's always trying to find it for you.

It's a vibrational thing. :3: I want my cells vibrating the joy of becoming lighter.

That was written as much for me as you Birdie. Lol! I'm a Saggitarrian woman, hell-bent on filling the universe with more creative ways to express joy and constantly striving to be a better human being. Lol!

When we let the weight go we get to meet ourselves again. I was close to 100 pounds over my natural weight. Every day I look in the mirror it's like seeing someone new. I don't remember ever looking like this. I like it. :4:

Thread starter #442

SweetSue

Member of the Year: 2015 & 2016 - Member of the Month: Mar 2015, Sept 2016 - Nug of the Month: Oct 2017 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Dec 2016
This morning I rolled out of bed and almost immediately went into a session of Body Beautiful, modified to contain 50 reps each side of Reach For The Stars just as I finished Daily Stretch with Heavenly Stretch. I also didn't do Pelvic Scoops. I can't get into Pelvic Scoops, no matter how hard I try. Lol! Between Pelvic Wave and Spiral Rotations I'm working those muscles already. :slide:

Ok, let me think....what was a standout today? :hmmmm:

My movements during Daily Stretch have become much more fluid as I've improved feeling for contraction vs release. Feldenkrais called it "Awareness Through Movement" and I can understand why. Most times I can feel the connections from one end of my body to the other.

Heavenly Stretch becomes more heavenly the more I can relax the ribcage down and back and relax the neck so it can extend. Hips and lateral line are still learning to let go and trust. Lol!

The other day I did 8 Brochades and noticed my Horse Stance is beginning to firm up. Today I was thoughtful throughout Legs, particularly during Pliés, to keep the back floating "Up" while I dropped down. It helps that my sense of connection through the heels is strong.

I was thinkin' I may be strong enough to play with some lunges and side planks. :4: Push-ups weren't deep, but they were controlled and I did 10 without breaking, and then folded back into a sweet Child's Pose with my forehead resting on the floor. :slide:

God, that felt good. :love:

There were many days lately that I sat on furniture most of the time. A couple days back we retrieved my things and grabbed a trio of my floor mats. Now I have something do sit on in a house with tile floors. :yahoo: My hips and back missed sitting cross-legged.

One of the benefits of staying as a guest in this home is the inversion table they told me I can use anytime. I haven't used it more than once, but OMG! I'm pretty sure it let loose a lot of tension I had stored in my back. I've been much more mellow since then. Today's session was more deeply focused in those areas that'd been bound up. I'll see what I can do about trying it again in a day or so, before my next Callanetics session.

I've decided to start my days with Daily Stretch from here on out.

Thread starter #443

SweetSue

I may not get another session in until Wednesday, and I’ve not yet gone to daily practice of the Daily Stretch. :laugh2: At the moment I feel strong and aligned. I’m in a happy home, feeling loved and accepted. My Callanetics sessions since arriving have kept my emotions on an even keel and made up for the fact that I’ve not been doing much walking since coming to this town.

Once I get moved there’ll be much more opportunity to walk. For now I don’t have anything except the side of the road in an area I’m not familiar with, populated by voracious mosquitoes. Lol! I’m good with staying indoors and staying fit with pulsing.

All is well. :love:

Thread starter #445

SweetSue

Thread starter #446

SweetSue

Tomorrow's my 65th birthday, so I treated myself to a session of Callanetics. :yahoo:

I'd already started the day with a run of the Daily Stretch, right before Doob and I headed out for a good walk, so I only did the Callanetics. It was amazing! I took about 4 hits of Super Lemon Haze before starting, and then kept taking a few every now and then. It helps me allow tension to evaporate so the muscles can move the way they're meant to and my bones can be aligned. :slide:

Heavenly Torso Stretch was the best ever! I got both hands down to the floor. It won't be long before the shoulders are there too.

It's always surprising how much better the session can be when it's been weeks in between. It's also incredibly exciting to be able to feel and see difference as I'm still in the middle of the session. Lol! Something dramatic happened to my upper thighs with this session. It fees like I'm in the glory days. All those years of faithful persistence are beginning to really pay off.

I worked the muscles so intensely that I had to take a shower afterwards to relax them. Lol!

In the morning I plan to start the day with a session of 8 brocades. Then I'm gonna take a walk before breakfast. :love: