420 Magazine Background

Callanetics: Meditation In Movement

SweetSue

Member of the Year: 2015 & 2016 - Member of the Month: Mar 2015, Sept 2016 - Nug of the Month: Oct 2017 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Dec 2016

SweetSue

Member of the Year: 2015 & 2016 - Member of the Month: Mar 2015, Sept 2016 - Nug of the Month: Oct 2017 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Dec 2016
Alright, another session after three days. WooHoo! :yahoo: It looks and feels like I’m back on track.

I carried my rug out to the concrete slab to do the DS and just kept right on going. I’ve been doing the DS out there, and the other day I went through the 8 Brocades, but this was th first time I did the Callanetics session out there in the open. It’s so lovely under the trees. :4: :green_heart:

Starting with the DS I progressed to Pretzel Abs, Seated Hips and Behind with Rotations, Abductor Lift, Crosses Leg Stretch, and Heavenly Torso Twist, getting the floor work behind me, then decided to follow the momentum and go ahead with the rest.

Warm Ups led to Pelvic Waves, which led to Body Beautiful Standing Hips and Behind, and a hip release. Then I got back down on the rug and repeated the Heavenly Torso Twist.

With the morning walk through sand I feel I’m getting enough work through the muscles of the lower body, so I wasn’t concerned about cutting the Legs sequence short.

They’re not ready yet to watch Pelvic Rotations. :laugh2:

I’m getting inquiries about my fitness choices that may someday result in having someone join me. :3:

SweetSue

Good job! Two in a week, three days apart, just the way I like it. :yahoo:

This was a sweet, normal session that left me feeling taller, stronger, thinner, more flexible. :slide: Hips and Behind were insightful, and all along the way I kept sensing I was working deeper than ever before.

In a month I fly to Washington, and a week after I land in the home of TheRedDragon, and by then I expect to look much better physically - as in more fit - than I do today. I’ll have 8-10 more sessions in by then. We plan to introduce me to kettlebells. Weight resistance changes everything. :3:

I feel wonderful! :4: :love:

SweetSue

Stepped into a sinkhole at the beach and jammed a water bottle up into my lower ribs. Ouch! I’ve been pretty much out of commission all week. :17: It’s given me time to sit and think about where my life settled and all the benefits entailed in the changes. Most of the time I’ve been stupid high. Lol!

Life challenges: keeping the equipment fit for service.

I intend to grow old my way. :4:

SweetSue

Today I stood on the shoreline and did 8 Brocades. It hurt a bit, and there were cautionary restrictions that limited free movement to full extensions, but it felt good to stretch the myofacia. :yahoo:

Wouldn’t want to try sex in this condition. :19:

Lying flat is a challenge. After two weeks + climbing up and down from the floor with compromised ribs I had a bed frame delivered.

Now I’ll have to remember I’m off the floor.

When I can do the Day Stretch I’ll be more relaxed. Have to be able to lie flat without pain first. I’m hoping another day or two of inactivity will suffice, and then I can gently reintroduce deeper movement. I’d like to have a week of stretching before I climb onto the plane on the 9th.

SweetSue

Finally healed enough to get down on the floor and complete a session of Daily Stretch. There were a few moments in the beginning that I questioned my sanity, but things loosened up significantly as I progressed through the routine. My Heavenly torso twist was deliciously freeing.

I think I’ll stick to the DS for the week and keep Callanetics for when I get to TheRedDragon’s. Let myself ease into it. Kettlebells are ahead. :3:

SweetSue

SweetSue

I'm in the Tri-Cities area of Washington state, visiting with TheRedDragon and his family. He's a personal trainer, and he's inter stead in busting up my Callanetics routine into something more in keeping with what we know about the science of the human body as pertains to fitness. He's a strength and conditioning coach, willing to take me on as a client, at no cost. There's a serious lack of aerobic workout in my regular routines, and that concerns him. Lol!

I'll keep reminding him that I'm not training to be an athlete. I'm training to be a vivacious aging woman who moves with grace and ease. :3:

I'm starting back slowly, doing the DS yesterday and today, following today's session with a full run of Warm-Ups and about 20 sets of Turkish Squats. It's starting to feel like I'm coming back to some sense of normal. I'm up to 176.4. Let's see how smoothly I can let those extra pounds fall away. :slide:

SweetSue

This morning, after breakfast, 175.4 lbs.

SweetSue

July 31, 2019

I have officially gotten back to Callanetics. Tonight I went with Sandra’s Catch Up routine, and damn! I feel that.

Tomorrow I’ll purchase a 15# kettlebell and begin my small workout that TheRedDragon worked up for me. I’ll also go back to walking an hour through heavy sand. The water’s so polluted we can’t even walk on wet sand. :17:

April was my move in month, May was getting settled, June for getting to know the neighbors, July for my 420 friends, and August will be the month I get my body back in shape and on the steady track to balance and wholeness.

I’m a bit jet-lagged, have a slight headache and I’m tired as I can be, but in the end I got this session in, demonstrating my commitment.

Let’s have fun with this. :slide:

Shower and bed for me.

SweetSue

Fell onto concrete last Monday, tearing up the right knee. It’s healing nicely, but kept me down for a few days, and I’ve not started back to heavy workouts yet.

I’m back on the beach and took time as the sun rose to do the 8 brocades. The movements done in horse stance are amazing on sand!

Last edited:

SweetSue

The desire for a Callanetics session couldn’t be held off any longer. Stormy weather outside and a great motivation to get this body into better shape had me pulsing. Dang, it felt good. :slide:

I went with Sandra’s Ab Blast routine. It lives up to its name, believe me. :laugh2: I added in a couple other abs too, and did the floor Hips and Behind instead of the kneeling ones since my knee isn’t healed enough to put any pressure on it.

Then I added in the Inner Thigh Lifts to get the hips opened up again.

It was an amazing session, and I followed it with a repeat of the Torso Twist that I held until the knees were right above the floor. Whoa! o_O It was a good day for breathing into the tension and letting it melt.

I’m falling asleep. Only one cup of coffee..... that may be the culprit, but now it’s 6 PM. Bad timing for any sleep control. Let me go nap.

SweetSue

:laugh2: I don’t nap.

SweetSue

Yesterday evening I started with a slow and thoughtful Daily Stretch, then straight into kettlebell:
* 20 slingshot, clockwise
* 5 one arm lifts per side (alternating)
* 20 slingshot, clockwise (forgot to go the other way :laugh2:)
* 5 one arm lifts per side(alternating)
* 20 slingshot, counterclockwise
* 20 slingshot, counterclockwise

Then I finished with a thoughtful and methodical WarmUps from Callanetics.

Marvelous.

I’m on the beach right now. I started with 8 brocades at the water’s edge. I like the way the sand holds my feet for horse stance. I’m getting the upper thighs nearly parallel to the sand. :yahoo:

Sand walking is building strong legs and increasing stamina. Back to it.

SweetSue

Good morning from the harbor pier. :ciao:

Yesterday afternoon I treated myself to a wonderful session of DS/Body Beautiful. It seems I have my own routine worked out. :laugh2: I always go into Abs while I’m still on the floor after DS, and then I flow from there.

I see dramatic results starting. :slide: It’s something of a shame that the man I lined up to appreciate the changes won’t be doin so, but there’s a new one about to arrive. :3:

Walked to the beach after to spend some time working the muscles back into a relaxed state. I find beach walking to be the perfect way to smooth the myofascia.

Of course, I’m out here to watch the sunrise, and walking in the sand is a big part of that.

Today I’ll do some work with the kettlebell. Time to get back to the sand.

Top Bottom