420 Magazine Background

Callanetics: Meditation In Movement

SweetSue

Member of the Year: 2015 & 2016 - Member of the Month: Mar 2015, Sept 2016 - Nug of the Month: Oct 2017 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Dec 2016

SweetSue

Member of the Year: 2015 & 2016 - Member of the Month: Mar 2015, Sept 2016 - Nug of the Month: Oct 2017 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Dec 2016
Alright, another session after three days. WooHoo! :yahoo: It looks and feels like I’m back on track.

I carried my rug out to the concrete slab to do the DS and just kept right on going. I’ve been doing the DS out there, and the other day I went through the 8 Brocades, but this was th first time I did the Callanetics session out there in the open. It’s so lovely under the trees. :4: :green_heart:

Starting with the DS I progressed to Pretzel Abs, Seated Hips and Behind with Rotations, Abductor Lift, Crosses Leg Stretch, and Heavenly Torso Twist, getting the floor work behind me, then decided to follow the momentum and go ahead with the rest.

Warm Ups led to Pelvic Waves, which led to Body Beautiful Standing Hips and Behind, and a hip release. Then I got back down on the rug and repeated the Heavenly Torso Twist.

With the morning walk through sand I feel I’m getting enough work through the muscles of the lower body, so I wasn’t concerned about cutting the Legs sequence short.

They’re not ready yet to watch Pelvic Rotations. :laugh2:

I’m getting inquiries about my fitness choices that may someday result in having someone join me. :3:

SweetSue

Good job! Two in a week, three days apart, just the way I like it. :yahoo:

This was a sweet, normal session that left me feeling taller, stronger, thinner, more flexible. :slide: Hips and Behind were insightful, and all along the way I kept sensing I was working deeper than ever before.

In a month I fly to Washington, and a week after I land in the home of TheRedDragon, and by then I expect to look much better physically - as in more fit - than I do today. I’ll have 8-10 more sessions in by then. We plan to introduce me to kettlebells. Weight resistance changes everything. :3:

I feel wonderful! :4: :love:

SweetSue

Stepped into a sinkhole at the beach and jammed a water bottle up into my lower ribs. Ouch! I’ve been pretty much out of commission all week. :17: It’s given me time to sit and think about where my life settled and all the benefits entailed in the changes. Most of the time I’ve been stupid high. Lol!

Life challenges: keeping the equipment fit for service.

I intend to grow old my way. :4:

SweetSue

Today I stood on the shoreline and did 8 Brocades. It hurt a bit, and there were cautionary restrictions that limited free movement to full extensions, but it felt good to stretch the myofacia. :yahoo:

Wouldn’t want to try sex in this condition. :19:

Lying flat is a challenge. After two weeks + climbing up and down from the floor with compromised ribs I had a bed frame delivered.

Now I’ll have to remember I’m off the floor.

When I can do the Day Stretch I’ll be more relaxed. Have to be able to lie flat without pain first. I’m hoping another day or two of inactivity will suffice, and then I can gently reintroduce deeper movement. I’d like to have a week of stretching before I climb onto the plane on the 9th.

SweetSue

Finally healed enough to get down on the floor and complete a session of Daily Stretch. There were a few moments in the beginning that I questioned my sanity, but things loosened up significantly as I progressed through the routine. My Heavenly torso twist was deliciously freeing.

I think I’ll stick to the DS for the week and keep Callanetics for when I get to TheRedDragon’s. Let myself ease into it. Kettlebells are ahead. :3:

SweetSue

Top Bottom