420 Magazine Background

Callanetics: Meditation In Movement

SweetSue

Member of the Year: 2015 & 2016 - Member of the Month: Mar 2015, Sept 2016 - Nug of the Month: Oct 2017 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Dec 2016
A sound antidote to letting myself feel heartache is Callanetics, and today was no exception. I’ve gotten much better at soothing the flow of negative energy and getting back closer to equanimity than at any other time of my life, which was greatly helped by this session of modified Body Beautiful.

Hmmm.... might be a good time to write that modified routine down.

Susan’s Body Beautiful

Daily Stretch (20-30 min version)
Heavenly Torso Twist (both sides)

Abs
* Sail Abs (60 per leg)
Lying flat, hands behind head and out to the sides, one foot flat near buttocks, other ankle resting on that knee.

Roll up. Pulse.

* One Leg Raised, Extended lower leg (75 per leg)
* Abs Extension (Boat)
* Plank for 30 - 60 seconds OR 15 Pushups

Warmups
* Hug The World (10)
* Crane Dance (10)
* Underarm Tightener (100, four different pulses)
* Waist Away (100 per side)
* Standing Hamstring With Rotations (30 seconds per position, four positions: center, left, right, center)
The Wise Owl Looks Behind (5)
Neck Drops & Wrist Flex (4)

Legs
* Pelvic Wave (3 reps, 3 levels with 5 stops and 5 curls into abs at the bottom)
* Spiral Rotations (3 levels, 6 stops, reverse direction on the way up.)
* Plies (10)
* Front Thigh Release

Hips & Behind
* Standing With Rotation, Knee Bent (60 per leg)
* Standing With Rotation, Leg Straight And Behind (60 per leg)
* Standing Hip Release (both sides)
* Floor Work (do sequence and switch sides to repeat):
- Knee Bent With Rotation (60)​
- Leg Straight With Rotation (60)​
- Inner Thigh Lifts (50)​
Stretches
* Crosslegged Stretch (both sides)
* Legs Wide
* To The Sides
* To The Sides With Rotation
* Legs Together
* Crossover Torso Twist (both sides)

That looks like it. If I catch any mistakes I’ll edit.

The therapy of meditation in movement worked. I ended up outside laughing it up with the girls. Good times.

I’ll be fine without him in my life. A little lonely for a time, but that’s to be expected. I’d rather remember the affair in warm tones. Callanetics, cannabis, and walking in the sand will keep me centered.

Stronger than when I went in. I call that a good thing. :love:

SweetSue

Member of the Year: 2015 & 2016 - Member of the Month: Mar 2015, Sept 2016 - Nug of the Month: Oct 2017 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Dec 2016
On schedule. :yahoo:

Today’s session was a morning indulgence, following my cup of coffee and before lunch. The big advantage of morning practice is that it’s out of the way, and then I spend the rest of the day feeling incredibly sexy. :laugh2:

Good God, my libido’s on steroids these days. Lol! Some of that is due to regular Callanetics, the rest from finally experiencing what Callanetics brings to sex. Dale and I had children, sickness, and poverty distracting us, and I only practiced for about a year straight, during which time the daughter was in and out of the hospital.

Dale never got to share the benefits of the program the way that lucky fisherman did. :laugh2: We’re eternal beings. He’s happy for me. Lol!

Whoever steps in behind the fisherman will be the real winner. :3:

SweetSue

Took a day off to discover more of the sexual benefits of this marvelous program. That’ll keep me on pace. :laugh2:

I may stay on schedule and do my next one on Tuesday anyway. It’s the day before a celebration and I may want that increased strength and stability behind me. Lol!

Today it was my own blend of Daily Stretch and Body Beautiful. Long ago I dropped off the Scoops and Front Thigh Release, and with all the little modifications and occasional additions I don’t see a downside to letting them go. Lol!

Every day I’m thinner, stand taller with more confidence, and move through my day with more grace and ease. I sleep like an innocent child and walk around in a bubble of joy. Callanetics is like icing on an already delicious cake. :slide:

SweetSue

Another glorious session that put me back on my original schedule. :yahoo:

Tomorrow’s his birthday. I wanted two more sessions in before then, and this was the second. :slide: Now I get to see how much change can be determined. :3:

Stronger, more aligned, more flexible and limber, and waaaay more confident than when I began.

I can actually see the abs growing flatter.

Last edited:

SweetSue

Another three days, another Callanetics session. :yahoo:

I kinda flow through the sequences now, and every time I feel the body working in so many new ways. Walking feels new. Sex is incredible, :slide:

I’m really liking the schedule of every three days. That seems to be just enough to recover, with enough wiggle room to get closer if life demands it. That worked out nicely doing a session before his birthday. I’m feeling stronger and more flexible than I ever have, and it makes it possible to hold positions in ways I never imagined possible. Lol!

I haven’t been as consistent with 8 brocades on the beach lately. Partly because of life, but partly because a consistent schedule of Callanetics takes away any need for supplemental movement. 8 brocades is more about energy alignment than anything, and it’s an excellent adjunct to the overall work pulsing does. I’d like to keep it in rotation.

We’re coming into the cooler season, so maybe I’ll take to doing them on the pad again, and leave the beach for pure pleasure. That may be why I slowed down on doing them at the water’s edge. I prefer to meander in the sand, without any real direction or purpose beyond feeling good.

SweetSue

Still on schedule. Did a session last night. I’m beginning to feel new sensations of my muscles working. This is getting exciting. :slide:

SweetSue

Still on schedule. Did a session last night. I’m beginning to feel new sensations of my muscles working. This is getting exciting!

The neck continues to pull in.

SweetSue

Haven’t been here for a while. :laugh2: I have, however, stayed on schedule. I’m three more sessions in, as of tonight, which is the 6th. I finished at 11:30 PM, after winding down from my day to NOLA with friends.

My social life is picking up. Lol! My professional .ife is also gearing up for advancement. It’s good that I have more than a month of consistent practice. The habit is set. :3:

I feel absolutely incredible! I’ve been putting on weight from the beginning of last month, I’m sure from building muscle. Not concerned about that at all.

SweetSue

I skipped the last session. Physically tired in the best way, I decided to give myself one whole cycle off.

Tonight I changed my mind and fell into the rhythm of pulsing. Before I started I took a few hits of Jellium, and I have to say, this was one of the more focused sessions I’ve ever had. Abs were absolutely amazing! I could feel the muscles guiding my bones as I rotated into position, and pulsing was as controlled as ever. Tension seemed non-existent. I’m excited to see what the results look like tomorrow.

Maybe there’s a cosmic chance I can test the new strength out tonight. :4:

Callanetics is so effective that I’ve begun going to the beach strictly for enjoyment, to sit and watch the natural world go by at sunrise and sunset and nothing more. Callanetics completely fills my fitness needs. I have the kettle bell, but I’ve yet to use it in any regular way. I have a fear it’ll screw up Callanetics. :laugh2:

Stronger, more flexible, more confident, feeling more aligned and ready to take on new responsibilities.

Top Bottom