Calyx Hunter's - Outdoor - Samsara's Ultra Violet - 1st Auto Strain Grow

Calyx Hunter

Welcome to another adventure in growing Cannabis with Calyx Hunter

This is my first time with an Auto strain

This is my first time growing outside in 17 years and as a new land owner in Colorado I am very excited for this

I am also very excited about this strain. I received it for free from our awesome :420: sponsor Bonzaseeds.com
Pick and Mix Cannabis Seeds | Marijuana Seeds | Weed Seeds | Bonza Seedbank
If you haven't purchased from them or are leary about an online purchase of cannabis seeds do not fret my friends. Bonzaseeds.com is D Shiznit!

Light - 4X4' T5 flourescent lamps for early veg then it will go outside in my backyard after it is strong
Soil - Fox Farm Ocean Forest
Container - 5 Gallon Aurora Fabric Pot
Strain - Samsara Seeds Ultra Violet
Ultraviolet has been bred based on the original White Dwarf x Skunk genetic and then has been crossed with Lavender and re-crossed later on in order to maintain the autoflowering pattern. Almost all most appreciated characteristics of Lavender are maintained untouched in this unique autoflowering variety. Ultraviolet is a compact and resinous plant of an intense, powerful fragrance, mainly sweet and fruity, that might have some slight exotic citric accent that would remind you of mango and lavender.

Genetics: Shot Adrenaline x Lavender
Dominance: mostly Sativa
Flowering time: 10 weeks
Yield: 40-70 gr/plant
Flowering Time Indoor: 75 - 75 days (~75 days)
Yield / Quantity Indoor: The crop of this strain is very high.
General Impression Indoor: is all together extremely good and very recommendable.
Strength / Lasting Effect: The weed insane strong and very long lasting.

I germinated the seed using the shot glass soak and straight to final container method.
On Friday May 23rd I started soaking the seed in a shot glass at about 6pm
On Saturday May 24th at about the 4pm the seed was split with a visible tap root
I immediately planted it in its final container with its tap root pointing up and I covered it using small piece soaked peat pellet fiber
Today, Memorial Day Monday 5/26/2014 is Day 1 as it broke the surface

Day_1a.JPG

Day_1b.JPG

Day_1c.JPG

Day 2

I'm careful to only keep the soil moist where the roots could possibly be. I don't want to soak an entire 5 gallon pot of soil for it to sit there wet for too long. I will walk the tight rope where on one side is too dry and on the other too wet. As you can see I added Hydroton pellets to prevent the top soil from getting too dry and blowing around. I will be scooting the hydroton in and around the main stem in a day or so. I have the T5 fixture about 6 inches above the seedling with a small 4" fan for airflow.

The little cutie just showed us her face

Day_238.JPG

:battingeyelashes:

You and I are on some crazy sync. I was gonna wait until I got a small start to post but... I put a JDS seed in a starter cup Monday. It's been outside during the day and a CFL at night. I wish my Auto Purple from Buddha would have made it past customs. We would be on the same page. I like using your grows as reference. They are consistent.

You and I are on some crazy sync. I was gonna wait until I got a small start to post but... I put a JDS seed in a starter cup Monday. It's been outside during the day and a CFL at night. I wish my Auto Purple from Buddha would have made it past customs. We would be on the same page. I like using your grows as reference. They are consistent.

thanks for compliment SemperHi and it is very cool that we're on the same wave length. I use a few journals here as a reference for my own as well. Not that it is a competition I just like to gauge my progress with others. Damn, that Auto Purp would've been rad.

Do you want any clones? I have a two OG Kush and one Diamond Girl clone right now that I'd like to donate to someone. Pm me if you or someone you know is interested.

Pulling up a lawnchair to watch this one :cheer: :peace::Namaste:

That is the perfect piece of furniture for this one. Hopefully its equipped with a cupholder. Get comfy this journey should last about 71 more days. And Welcome CareStaker! I'm glad to you have chillin on my lawn.

im excited to watch this auto outdoors, I was going to do a few outdoors this year but I couldn't pick a strain:goodluck:

I actually purchased a Northern Lights Auto from Bonzaseeds but got the UltraViolet for free. This strain sounds sweet! We shall see.

Day 5

I inoculated the soil with Mycorrhiza by sprinkling about an 1/8 teaspoon of Extreme Gardening Mykos granules around the seedling then watering with 24 hour air bubbled straight tap water

Day_517.JPG

Day 8 from Breaking Soil

Growth seems slow on this Ultraviolet seedling. I added an oscillating fan to the veg tent and removed the small 4" fan. I think low airflow was causing slow growth. Since 24 hours after changing fans growth has probably tripled in speed. I have not irrigated in 3 days. I'm holding out as long as I can.
Day_812.JPG

Here is a shot of where the UV Auto will end up in my outdoor garden. Yesterday I potted my favorite OG clone into a 2 gallon fabric pot. It's small but I had it laying around so I say what they hay. I'm curious to see how a plant will grow in a 2 gallon fabric pot outside. I'll probably just eventually need to water it daily.
The garden also consists of: Blueberry, raspberry, strawberry, tomatoe, jalapeno, cilantro, thyme, sage, rosemary, pumpkin, watermelon, cucumber, Greyzini Squash, and Butternut Squash
Garden6-2-14.JPG

Back
Top Bottom